Helpful ReplyWhat free content bundle do you think viable to be included with CbB future update?

Author
James Argo
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 114
2018/04/07 20:20:36 (permalink)

What free content bundle do you think viable to be included with CbB future update?

So CbB has been released without 3rd party content (plugins, instruments, etc) bundled that SPLAT had before.
If... Just if... somehow BandLab has a chance to have a deal with 3rd party plugins or synths to be included and distributed as bundle in future release of CbB, what plugin / synths do you think worth to consider? And why?

Any idea?

Cakewalk by BandLab!
4syth
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 15
Re: What free content bundle do you think viable to be included with CbB future update? 2018/04/07 20:30:19 (permalink)
Adaptive limiter, l-series eq and, multiband, ca2a t-type compressor. Maybe z3ta...
mudgel
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 12010
Re: What free content bundle do you think viable to be included with CbB future update? 2018/04/09 16:34:31 (permalink)
With Cakewalk already free I can’t see anything but updates to the core program being free.

I suspect that there will only be paid for content. Isn’t it enough that anyone who wants can get the flagship daw and ongoing updates for free.

Programs like Ca2a and Adaptive Limiter were already pay to buy products. Expect that not to change.

I’m fairly sure that Meng is putting into full swing the policy that Cakewalk were implementing with life time updates; a free core program with paid add ons like plugins and content.

Mike V. (MUDGEL)

STUDIO: Win 10 Pro x64, SPlat & CbB x64,
PC: ASUS Z370-A, INTEL i7 8700k, 32GIG DDR4 2400, OC 4.7Ghz.
Storage: 7 TB SATA III, 750GiG SSD & Samsung 500 Gig 960 EVO NVMe M.2.
Monitors: Adam A7X, JBL 10” Sub.
Audio I/O & DSP Server: DIGIGRID IOS & IOX.
Screen: Raven MTi + 43" HD 4K TV Monitor.
Keyboard Controller: Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88.
Brian Walton
Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 584
Re: What free content bundle do you think viable to be included with CbB future update? 2018/04/09 17:16:46 (permalink)
I don't recall Adaptive Limiter being a paid for option.  It was only in SPLAT and other people said they would like to buy it, but it it was locked to SPLAT....not even Artist users could get it even though it wasn't a pro-channel.

35mm
Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1105
Re: What free content bundle do you think viable to be included with CbB future update? 2018/04/09 18:02:34 (permalink)
Adaptive Limiter got introduced with one of the updates. It didn't have to be purchased separately. 

I too imagine the Cake core software will be free, but extra content will be available for sale. That's ok by me to be honest, partly because I still have the content that came with Splat, but also because I have never used a lot of that content and tend to use the content I want from other manufacturers i.e. Native Instruments, Waves etc.

I am not sure what is currently included with Cake and what has been removed. Hopefully, some of the stuff will remain especially the more essential things such as some of the pro channel plugs.

Splat, Win 10 64bit and all sorts of musical odds and sods collected over the years, but still missing a lot of my old analogue stuff I sold off years ago.
Larry Jones
Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 834
Re: What free content bundle do you think viable to be included with CbB future update? 2018/04/09 18:15:25 (permalink)
Bandlab already has thousands of free loops on their site, and instruments, too. I'm not holding my breath for expensive plugins/VSTi's for free.

I got a little spoiled in the last couple of years, with Addictive Drums, True Pianos, the CA-2A, LP-EQ, Adaptive Limiter, VocAlign, Drum Replacer, and so on. I never expected all those perks, and I honestly didn't know how I was going to pay for the stuff I thought I needed. It was great while it lasted, but if the party's over, I have no regrets and I'm grateful for what I have.

SONAR Platinum 2017.10 • CbB  Win10 • i7/2600 • 16GB RAM • Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 • NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS
AT
  • Total Posts : 10654
Re: What free content bundle do you think viable to be included with CbB future update? 2018/04/09 18:21:05 (permalink)
Yep, any additional content will be for pay.  Why else give the platform out for free?  Do you think anyone would pay for the privilege of using FB?  I expect they will be rolling out their new/old synths/effects ASAP.  The 3rd party stuff?  Naw.

I actually just want them to include Alchemy.

@
Lynn
Max Output Level: -14 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6117
Re: What free content bundle do you think viable to be included with CbB future update? 2018/04/09 18:30:27 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby davehorch 2018/04/09 19:06:07
4syth
Adaptive limiter, l-series eq and, multiband, ca2a t-type compressor. Maybe z3ta...

If you have the last version of Splat, you have those plugins available to you in CbB.  Just direct the plug in manager to those paths.

All the best,
Lynn

my songs
www.soundclick.com/lynnwilson

www.youtube.com/lywilson
my videos

Cakewalk by Bandlab| Sonar Platinum @ 64bits| i7 860 | 8 gigs ram | W10 @ 64 bits | RME FF 400
scook
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 24146
Re: What free content bundle do you think viable to be included with CbB future update? 2018/04/09 18:36:44 (permalink)
I suspect the mastering plug-ins and CA-2A will be migrated to BandLab and probably free for Platinum owners. Zeta+ Classic, probably not since there has been a paid upgrade available for some time. Do expect a BandLab version of Z3ta+2 too.
slartabartfast
Max Output Level: -22.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5289
Re: What free content bundle do you think viable to be included with CbB future update? 2018/04/09 18:51:45 (permalink)
Adding plugins to sweeten the pot made sense when you were trying to coax new buyers into dropping half a grand, or veterans to fork over a hundred dollars or more for an upgrade. If getting a professional class DAW for the price of exposing yourself to a BandLab account (and pumping up their subscriber numbers to impress the money people) is not sufficient then I hope Meng paid a really really fire sale price for the Cakewalk code. The logical synergy here is to have those plugin developers who already do so launch their limited feature demos onto the new market. In fact a lot of the stuff that Cakewalk was providing was on that model. If BandLab itself spends any significant money buying, or even less likely, developing add-ins for Cakewalk I will be surprised. 

I would in fact expect that the future development goals will be strong integration with other BandLab products, followed by serious efforts to bug-proof the code so that people will not complain that the product does not work, and the support is limited, as was the case in the waning days of Cakewalk the company. If anything, the feature set is likely to be paired back. The new user is much less likely to be a heavy duty DAW user, and more likely to be a musician with a side interest in home recording, or a loop-based beat composer. So long as CakewalkBBB is capable of running industry standard plugins (a plethora of which are already free or available at very low prices) it would make little sense to increase the feature set, let alone provide expensive plugs.
davehorch
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 75
Re: What free content bundle do you think viable to be included with CbB future update? 2018/04/09 19:15:05 (permalink)
..."and chicks for free"....

Seriously, though,  I think POW-R is coming soon, which is very nice of Meng to buy for us.  I don't expect anything more, nor do I want or need anything more.  Well, more talent would be nice, but...
-d

Win-7 Professionalx64.  CWBL, SONAR X3e, & most other previous versions.  TASCAM US-1800 audio interface.  A bunch of outboard stuff that never gets used anymore (ADAT boat anchors, smoooth LA4 comps (miss them!), etc.)  Way too many instruments.
Rbh
Max Output Level: -52 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2349
Re: What free content bundle do you think viable to be included with CbB future update? 2018/04/09 23:23:51 (permalink)
Meng posted a request for features , improvements, AKA wish list for CbB just a week prior to the CbB launch. I expect that he takes integration of Splat on a large scale to the existing user base of Bandlab. That's a very smart move for a pro desk top DAW to integrate to a tablet version of a Daw for mobile or online use. They don't have to be the same product - they may need to communicate like it though. Very forward thinking if I'm guessing right.

I7 930 2.8 Asus PDX58D
12 Gig
Appollo
CbB, Sonar Pro, Reaper, Samplitude, MixBuss
 Win7 Pro

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=902832
35mm
Re: What free content bundle do you think viable to be included with CbB future update? 2018/04/10 00:01:01 (permalink)
I think the bakers probably will go on developing new plugins which can be added to the cookie jar for people to purchase. That seems like a good model really. Consider the cost of buying Splat before and all the great stuff you got bundled in for free. This way they would be bundling the DAW for free and making revenue from add-ons, as well as all the potential benefits Cake will bring to Bandlab. I just hope they don't bundle the premium add-ons in Cake and have them run as demos, constantly nagging you to buy them.

Splat, Win 10 64bit and all sorts of musical odds and sods collected over the years, but still missing a lot of my old analogue stuff I sold off years ago.
Kamikaze
Max Output Level: -45 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3013
Re: What free content bundle do you think viable to be included with CbB future update? 2018/04/10 00:08:29 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Soundwise 2018/04/11 10:52:19
I'd like t see all the Cakewak ProChannels included, as they are Cakewalk only (with the exception of CA2A which has a VST).

The mastering trio I think should be sold and  and make money for develpment, as well as highlight the quality products Cakewalk has.

Studio-ES
  • Total Posts : 22
Re: What free content bundle do you think viable to be included with CbB future update? 2018/04/10 01:46:28 (permalink)
For those of you with a fresh CbB installation, in C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Utilities\Internal, there are some ProChannel plugins, but also some VSTs that are permanently excluded in the VST Scanner: Boost (2nd one), PX64, TL64, & VX64.
Boost11 is also in C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\VstPlugins and works great, but I'm just curious why there is a second one in that first folder? And why the other 3 VST FX (PX64, TL64, VX64) are permanently excluded? I'm just curious...This is a fresh install of CbB on a computer with no other Cakewalk products installed.
35mm
Re: What free content bundle do you think viable to be included with CbB future update? 2018/04/10 03:58:23 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Soundwise 2018/04/11 10:53:35
Kamikaze
I'd like t see all the Cakewak ProChannels included, as they are Cakewalk only (with the exception of CA2A which has a VST).

The mastering trio I think should be sold and  and make money for develpment, as well as highlight the quality products Cakewalk has.

I would agree with that totally. The only thing that bothers me slightly about our assumption that they will sell plugins, is that the plugin vendors don't seem to be doing too well at the moment with general plugins. I mean, most are constantly reducing prices and having special offers unless they have something very different and fantastic. Take Waves for example - they now have permanent discounts going on to the extent that if there is a particular plug you want, you'd be foolish to buy it at its full price when you just have to wait for it to be on offer again. I think the plugin market is oversaturated (pun - especially with analogue saturation plugs!). So I'm not sure how BL will compete there, but on the other hand, they will have a captive market to sell to.

Kamikaze
Max Output Level: -45 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3013
Re: What free content bundle do you think viable to be included with CbB future update? 2018/04/10 10:37:14 (permalink)
The ony thing I have bought at full price in the past 3 years has been Sample Modelling's Brass, who don't sell through resellers, nor ever go n sale. Maybe BandLab should adopt the same idea, and stop selling through third parties, get their pricing lw and competitive and stick t the same price the whole year round. Maybe a small discount for those with BandLab accounts, to encourage mre feet through the door, I'd Bundle the three as one too. 

EDIT: I got Klanghelms SSDR too at full price, but his stuff  is priced low already, and never on sale ( I believe he doesn't use resellers either)

pwalpwal
Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3249
Re: What free content bundle do you think viable to be included with CbB future update? 2018/04/10 11:01:45 (permalink)
Studio-ES
For those of you with a fresh CbB installation, in C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Utilities\Internal, there are some ProChannel plugins, but also some VSTs that are permanently excluded in the VST Scanner: Boost (2nd one), PX64, TL64, & VX64.
Boost11 is also in C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\VstPlugins and works great, but I'm just curious why there is a second one in that first folder? And why the other 3 VST FX (PX64, TL64, VX64) are permanently excluded? I'm just curious...This is a fresh install of CbB on a computer with no other Cakewalk products installed.

i believe the excluded ones are somehow used/referenced by the pc modules?

and why-oh-why didn't they take this opportunity to start a new "Shared..." folder hive (like for example "C:\Program Files\BandLab\Shared Utilities..."), keeping it separate from the previous Sonar one?

just a sec

mudgel
  • Total Posts : 12010
Re: What free content bundle do you think viable to be included with CbB future update? 2018/04/10 14:09:27 (permalink)
Brian Walton
I don't recall Adaptive Limiter being a paid for option.  It was only in SPLAT and other people said they would like to buy it, but it it was locked to SPLAT....not even Artist users could get it even though it wasn't a pro-channel.

You’re right about Adaptive limiter. My point is still valid though.

Mike V. (MUDGEL)

STUDIO: Win 10 Pro x64, SPlat & CbB x64,
PC: ASUS Z370-A, INTEL i7 8700k, 32GIG DDR4 2400, OC 4.7Ghz.
Storage: 7 TB SATA III, 750GiG SSD & Samsung 500 Gig 960 EVO NVMe M.2.
Monitors: Adam A7X, JBL 10” Sub.
Audio I/O & DSP Server: DIGIGRID IOS & IOX.
Screen: Raven MTi + 43" HD 4K TV Monitor.
Keyboard Controller: Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88.
tecknot
Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 766
Re: What free content bundle do you think viable to be included with CbB future update? 2018/04/10 16:27:41 (permalink)
As far as third-party plugs, I believe that Melodyne was/is the biggest and best addition to SONAR.  I would vote for Melodyne.

Kind regards,

tecknot
BobF
  • Total Posts : 8124
Re: What free content bundle do you think viable to be included with CbB future update? 2018/04/10 21:47:50 (permalink)
K11U and IKM TS Max are the obvious and most likely

Bob  --
Angels are crying because truth has died ...
Illegitimi non carborundum
--
Studio One Pro / i7-6700@3.80GHZ, 32GB Win 10 Pro x64
Roland FA06, LX61+, Fishman Tripleplay, FaderPort, US-16x08 + ARC2.5/Event PS8s 
Waves Gold/IKM Max/Nomad Factory IS3/K11U

James Argo
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 114
Re: What free content bundle do you think viable to be included with CbB future update? 2018/04/11 10:19:40 (permalink)
There is so many great vst / vsti out there, the point is not to bundle "stripped paid goodies from well known commercial brand" as free content. More like distribution cooperation. In which the 3rd party gains more popularity by cooperation with Cakewalk, while Cakewalk got nice additional content to offer. Those ones with similar philosophy of "spreading free good tools for good musician to make good music for good people". Not only this would benefit the user, but also encouraging both developer to look for opportunity to make their softwares more compatible each other.

Cakewalk by BandLab!
Soundwise
Max Output Level: -62 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1419
Re: What free content bundle do you think viable to be included with CbB future update? 2018/04/11 11:05:16 (permalink)
Sonar Platinum was so well packed with features and plugins that despite getting many 3rd party plugins and instruments I use bundled ones more often than not. So anything Cakewalk included with the CbyB would be viable.
That being said, I think it's too early to make requests to include certain plugins and/or instruments until we get a clear picture of how the developers crew behind the DAW will get their income. Because I certainly don't want to see this DAW abandoned once again.

Anderton
We are all unique and have our own contributions to make to this planet.

SoundCloud
YouTube
BandLab
carlman
  • Total Posts : 17
Re: What free content bundle do you think viable to be included with CbB future update? 2018/04/11 11:40:26 (permalink)
I prefer zero 3rd party plugins & additional content altogether. Keep the daw the focus, keep it lean & mean.
tecknot
Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 766
Re: What free content bundle do you think viable to be included with CbB future update? 2018/04/11 16:05:14 (permalink)
carlman
I prefer zero 3rd party plugins & additional content altogether. Keep the daw the focus, keep it lean & mean.

I do agree with you Carlman.  Many of us at one time or another complained about application bloat.  But considering third party components/features such as VST(3) and ARA and the like do compliment any DAW as well as keeping it up to date and compatible. This does make for some careful consideration.

Kind regards,

tecknot
cityrat
Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 671
Re: What free content bundle do you think viable to be included with CbB future update? 2018/04/12 01:05:21 (permalink)
carlman

Absolutely.  The only content I could see to include is the Pro Channel stuff.

Sonar Platinum | Windows 7 64 bit SP1 | Intel i5 3570 3.4GHz | 8GB RAM | Gigabyte GA-B75-D3H | OCZ SSD | RME 9632
mettelus
Max Output Level: -22 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5321
Re: What free content bundle do you think viable to be included with CbB future update? 2018/04/12 11:07:21 (permalink)
Perhaps my mindset is a bit naive, but I always envision the primary purpose of a host to be... well, a good (or impeccable) host. There are so many things that can be done to improve the host that deviating from that only serves as a distraction.

ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC), i7-8700k, 16GB RAM, GTX-1070Ti, Win 10 Pro, Saffire PRO 24 DSP, A-300 PRO, plus numerous gadgets and gizmos that make or manipulate sound in some way.
bitman
Max Output Level: -34 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4105
Re: What free content bundle do you think viable to be included with CbB future update? 2018/04/12 22:24:51 (permalink)
A real live good sounding virtual vocalist would be a nice touch.
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1