Helpful ReplyWhat is wrong with people?!

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
smallstonefan
Max Output Level: -48 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2724
2017/05/12 23:47:35 (permalink)

What is wrong with people?!

I bought a couple of tickets to see Winger/Kansas tonight 3rd row. My son can't make it so I invited everyone I knew (all 6 of them) and they all passed.

The world is going to hell.

:) 
Beepster
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 18001
Re: What is wrong with people?! 2017/05/13 00:03:40 (permalink)
Yanno, those guys aren't really my thing but I'd go see them anyway because I love watching skilled musicians play...

BUT big shows, man (or even medium sized shows) are such a pain in the damned balls these days.

Between security and yahoos and overpriced beers (if there is a bar at all) and bad sound and not actually being able to see the band play up close (usually because of the aforementioned yahoos in front of the stage) it can be a rather exhausting and disappointing exercise.

It's sad to say but I've realized over the years that I get more enjoyment of simply tossing on a recording and/or watching live footage online than going through that.

And that was BEFORE I had the extra burden of being strapped into a behemoth of an electric wheelchair whenever I want to go somewhere. Cripes... I couldn't even imagine going through that these days.

That said... have fun, dood.

Cheers.
quantumeffect
Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2771
Re: What is wrong with people?! 2017/05/13 03:26:24 (permalink)
He said Winger, HEEHEE

Dave

8.5 PE 64, i7 Studio Cat, Delta 1010, GMS and Ludwig Drums, Paiste Cymbals

"Everyone knows rock n' roll attained perfection in 1974. It's a scientific fact." H. Simpson

"His chops are too righteous."  Plankton during Sponge Bob's guitar solo 
Moshkito
Max Output Level: -37.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3765
Re: What is wrong with people?! 2017/05/13 04:35:26 (permalink)
Hi,

I had a 2nd ticket for MAGMA the first time they passed through Portland ... and my friend could not make it and I even offered it to a couple of folks here in the Coffee House ... no takers ... after I got in, I just tore up the ticket ... 

I loved the show, but had tears in my eyes, just like I did when I saw them in 1999 in San Francisco ... the whole thing felt like a dream, and still does ... 

I'm really sorry ssf that folks passed, but I have to admit, that I would pass on KANSAS as well ... though I'm getting an itch to go see King Crimson again, but I think the Seattle shows will already be sold out by the time I resolve to make it! One show is already sold out, out of three.

Music is not about notes and chords! My poem is not about the computer or monitor or letters! It's about how I was able to translate it from my insides! 
craigb
  • Total Posts : 41704
Re: What is wrong with people?! 2017/05/13 05:49:17 (permalink)
Roger Waters is coming to Portland next month.  Tickets are $125-$150.  My friend wants to go so I may, but I can buy a LOT of albums for that much dosh!

Time for all of you to head over to Beyond My DAW!
Slugbaby
Max Output Level: -33.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4172
Re: What is wrong with people?! 2017/05/13 10:46:51 (permalink)
I'm not a fan of either Winger or Kansas, but I don't think I'd ever turn down free tickets to a concert.
You never quite know what you're going to discover when you see someone play live.  You may not like the music, but there might be a musical "trick" to take away from the show.  Or you may actually discover that you like them after all.

In 1988, I HATED Bryan Ferry ("lame synth crap"...).  I was offered a free ticket and had nothing to do that night, so I went.  I was in awe, and by the end of the show I was a huge fan.  He's now one of my biggest influences.  If I'd turned down the ticket, I'd have missed out on one of my favourite bands.

http://www.MattSwiftMusic.com

Dell i5, 16Gb RAM, Focusrite 2i2 IO, Telecasters, P-bases, Personal Drama for a muse.
bayoubill
  • Total Posts : 10899
Re: What is wrong with people?! 2017/05/13 14:20:27 (permalink)
My son is taking my X to a fancy smancy restaurant with a private chef. He's going to see Paul McCartney tonite. I don't want to be let down for Father's day but....

SWAMP MUSIC
Sonar PLATINUM        
Studio Cat DAW

bayoubill
  • Total Posts : 10899
Re: What is wrong with people?! 2017/05/13 14:21:05 (permalink)
Did I mention my X gave my car away 

SWAMP MUSIC
Sonar PLATINUM        
Studio Cat DAW

bapu
  • Total Posts : 86000
Re: What is wrong with people?! 2017/05/13 14:30:50 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby craigb 2017/05/13 17:04:29
bayoubill
Did I mention my X gave my car away 

She's trying to keep you barefoot and pregnant to be a stay at home mom.
smallstonefan
Re: What is wrong with people?! 2017/05/13 14:31:21 (permalink)
Well guys, I think Winger is probably the most under-rated band I have ever seen; they knocked my socks off! I didn't realize I was such a closet fan but I knew every word of every song save two of the newer ones. Underneath that poppy-metal sound of the 80s is the heart of a prog-rock band! Kip plays bass and still sings so well. Reb Beach is a legend on lead guitar, but they have a second dedicated guitarist (Donnie Wayne Smith) and the keyboard player alternates between guitar and keys, and when all three played the prog stuff together on guitar it was so freaking amazing - they are all FANTASTIC players. Of course, Kip just was nominated for a Grammy in best contemporary classical album! To top it off Rod Morgenstein on drums - awarded Modern Drummer 's "Best Progressive Rock Drummer" five years (1986-'90). Their live version of Rainbow in the Rose was freaking STUNNING.

And the guys were having FUN. They were laughing and joking and you could just tell they had a chemistry and were grateful to be playing. During Reb's first solo the spotlight guy missed it and Reb was playing in the dark while the light was on Kip. Kip pointed to Rep and walked behind him to get the light on him. You could see Kip and Web comment on it, but they just shrugged their shoulders and smiled - no tantrums or pissy-ness... very classy.

I enjoyed it so much I wanted to nothing to do with seeing Kansas; it would have been a let down. As I was leaving through the back of the arena I saw a guy I am doing some business with his wife. They were pretty much the last seats on the side of arena and watching the show sideways from way back. I wish I could have captured their smile when I gave them my third row tickets and sent them up front! :)

Roger waters is next Friday in Kansas City. My wife and I are going to it - it's the opening show for this tour. Pink Floyd is my favorite band, so I snagged 3rd row for that one too. Man I can't wait!

If I could go back in time, I would have spent all of my money on seeing more bands. :)
bapu
  • Total Posts : 86000
Re: What is wrong with people?! 2017/05/13 14:42:07 (permalink)
Next time James, include airfare and I'll be there for you.
smallstonefan
Re: What is wrong with people?! 2017/05/13 14:43:58 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby bapu 2017/05/13 15:07:24
bapu
Next time James, include airfare and I'll be there for you.

Let's blame this one on my son - had I had just a little more notice...

Now, today is hooking up the Midas Venice 320 and the UAD Apollo 16! WOOT!
paulo
Max Output Level: -13 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6218
Re: What is wrong with people?! 2017/05/13 19:03:09 (permalink)
Slugbaby
I'm not a fan of either Winger or Kansas, but I don't think I'd ever turn down free tickets to a concert.
You never quite know what you're going to discover when you see someone play live.  You may not like the music, but there might be a musical "trick" to take away from the show.  Or you may actually discover that you like them after all.

In 1988, I HATED Bryan Ferry ("lame synth crap"...).  I was offered a free ticket and had nothing to do that night, so I went.  I was in awe, and by the end of the show I was a huge fan.  He's now one of my biggest influences.  If I'd turned down the ticket, I'd have missed out on one of my favourite bands.

I went see Michael Jackson once having already turned down the offer to go with a friend because I had no good answer to the question.."why, what else are you going to be doing?"  I was also invited to bring my girlfriend along. It was the second to last night of the "Bad" tour.

Arriving at the venue after a 3 hour drive my "friend" then dropped the bombshell that he didn't actually have any tickets, so we ended up buying some from nefarious looking characters in the car park for 3 times the face value. Needless to say I wasn't a particularly happy bunny at this point, especially as I had to spring for two, so by now I'd spent a considerable amount on something that I didn't even want to go to, but trying to be cool about it 'cos at least the girl was impressed.

By the end of the show I was all for driving straight to the next venue a further 200 miles away to see if we could score some tickets for the final show the following night. Say what you like about the guy and I've said a few of those things myself, but he knew how to put on a show.

Fast forward to the next tour and same friend asked the same question. I said I would go, but only if we got tickets in advance this time at the right price. He said he already had them and because of what happened last time he gave me two and wouldn't take any money. As it turned out, neither he or I could go in the end. As I hadn't paid for the tickets it didn't seem right to sell them and profit from a gift, so I decided to just give them to someone else. 

Except I couldn't.

WTF ? MJ was still a big draw in those days. I even offered them to people I didn't really like that much that had told me on more than one occasion that they wished that they could go and see him. It was also a Saturday show, so the people in question didn't even have to worry about getting time off work. No dice.

I even got hold of the local radio station who put out several announcements on air at peak times that these were genuine tickets and free to the first caller. Nothing. Nada. Zilch.

Beepster
Re: What is wrong with people?! 2017/05/13 19:12:46 (permalink)
I was a HUGE MJ fan as a kid and took endless hell for it from my classmates.

Eventually I "grew" out of it and moved on to the metalz.

Still though if I hear an old MJ tune I can dig it. There's a reason he was so popular and he definitely had the best of the best musicians and producers working for him.

These days, as much as I like the solo stuff, the Jackson Five is my fave MJ period. It's like mainlining motown... and Beepster lurvs him some motown.
Jeff Evans
Max Output Level: -24 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5139
Re: What is wrong with people?! 2017/05/13 22:44:59 (permalink)
Many people forget how incredible live gigs actually are. They are comparing to the records all the time which is not a good thing to do. The live shows are usually pretty spectacular in comparison. MJ would have been unbelievable live I am sure as are many other bands. 

I got tickets once to see Glenn Campbell many years ago because someone had them spare and gave them way. I was not a fan and went reluctantly.  I am came out a total covert, my god Campbell live was something else. He played guitar for about 20 minutes before he opened his mouth.  I must admit I do like Wichita Lineman too as a song.  They did a 15 minute intro live before he sang the first line! It reduced me to tears. 

Same thing happened to me with Emmy Lou Harris as well. She knocked my socks off too. The Buddy Rich big band was another gig I don't think I will ever forget either.  Last gig I saw recently was Frank Gambale's Soulmine band. Now the CD's are excellent and very well produced etc but live they were something else. He took it way past the CD. They all stretched way out past the albums. There was an energy on the stage that was just amazing. 

At the end of 2014 I saw Tangerine Dream live too and could not believe it either.  As a lover of electronic music and that band in particular I just had to go as they came to Melbourne Australia. The sound live was over the top but the playing live was something else. Lots of live playing not as much sequencing as you would expect either. 

So James I have heard that Roger Waters live is something else as well. I don't think you will be disappointed!! I have been listening to Endless River a lot too lately and just love it. It is a very beautiful CD.  Gilmour has out done himself on this I reckon.  I wish those two had worked it out. They should have recorded that album together and done more live gigs before Richard passed away. Floyd is still exceptional in my opinion and no other band actually sounds like them either.

And to Beeps you just keep on loving Micheal because he was an incredible talent. I have just finished reading the latest book on him and the level of input and detail he put into his music was over the top. The This is It video is pretty awesome. That band is pretty awesome too.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz - 8 Gb RAM - Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME PCI HDSP9632 - Steinberg Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 8- Studio One V4 - iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - Sierra 10.12.6 - Focusrite Clarett thunderbolt interface 

Poor minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas -Eleanor Roosevelt
Beepster
Re: What is wrong with people?! 2017/05/13 23:23:25 (permalink)
Hey, Jeff. Sup?

Ya, I stopped caring what people thought about my tastes in music many moons ago. When I was right in the center of the hardcore scene I formed a Nirvana tribute with a buddy of mine and whoooo boy that got a lot of ribbing from my stinky mohawked brethrin... but I always kind of liked making those clowns cringe anyway. However we played some gigs at the nasty punk clubs and all of a sudden a lot of those doods begrudgingly became fans (mostly because they'd only been exposed to the hits and not the ultra crunchy stuff which is what I was into).

But as far as MJ I remember (I guess about a decade or so now) there was that alt rock cover of Smooth Criminal (Alien Ant Farm?) which was pretty well done but compared to the original was like toddler levels of musicianship/production values.

Meh... daddy, the industry and his public just ripped that dude's mind to shreds. Someone should have stepped in and tried to save him early on but I guess there was too much to be gained enabling his growing oddities and isolating him from reality.

And we all no how that worked out.

Ugh.

Cheers.
smallstonefan
Re: What is wrong with people?! 2017/05/14 01:23:55 (permalink)
Great story Jeff, thank you! :)
sharke
  • Total Posts : 13933
Re: What is wrong with people?! 2017/05/14 05:37:33 (permalink)
A few years ago I had a client who's a semi-famous actress (she's been in a couple of network sitcoms and is also a Tony award winner) and at the time she was doing Broadway. She got me tickets to shows she was in. One of them was Wicked, a big multi-million dollar big ass production, and I went thinking damn, this is not my kind of thing at all, I'm gonna have to just grin and bear it. Three hours later I was just totally blown away. It's one thing to see clips of something like that on the TV, but when you're actually there seeing the full extravaganza in front of you and you get a sense of just how talented these people are, it mesmerizes you. The singing, the sets, the lighting, the music, everything. She was also in a non-musical play, August Osage County, and that blew me away as well. It made me realize what a different beast the theater is to movies and television - so much more intimate and immediate. She also got me tickets to see a play that her acting bud Michael McKean (of Spinal Tap) was in, and I really enjoyed that too. I have problems watching movies because I have a short attention span for stories, but seeing stuff on stage held me spellbound for the full duration. I really should go more often. 

James
Windows 10, Sonar SPlat (64-bit), Intel i7-4930K, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface, AKAI MPK Mini, Roland A-800 Pro, Focusrite VRM Box, Komplete 10 Ultimate, 2012 American Telecaster!
DrLumen
Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 621
Re: What is wrong with people?! 2017/05/14 06:17:04 (permalink)
I agree sharke. Live theatre is something to experience if only once (but I'll bet most will go again). I find concerts are the same way. I have been told by theatre geeks that it is a collective energy that takes hold of the audience and makes each performance unique. Even with summer stock or community theatre, every audience is different.

I can say the only live band concert that changed my mind was Huey Lewis. I didn't really care for them but it was a job. I was a fan afterward though because they were very tight and, while they had a good sound and light show, they didn't simply rely on a bunch of effects. Maybe a little egotistic but they were a good honest band.

Then there was AC/DC on the Midnight Special and green windowpane. But, I digress...

-When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Sonar Platinum / Intel i7-4790K / AsRock Z97 / 32GB RAM / Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB / Behringer FCA610 / M-Audio Sport 2x4 / Win7 x64 Pro / WDC Black HDD's / EVO 850 SSD's / Alesis Q88 / Boss DS-330 / Korg nanoKontrol / Novation Launch Control / 14.5" Lava Lamp
KenB123
Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1229
Re: What is wrong with people?! 2017/05/14 12:41:50 (permalink)
DrLumen
I can say the only live band concert that changed my mind was Huey Lewis. I didn't really care for them but it was a job. I was a fan afterward though because they were very tight and, while they had a good sound and light show, they didn't simply rely on a bunch of effects. Maybe a little egotistic but they were a good honest band.

+1

I picked up a Huey Lewis 'Live' DVD some years back at an estate sale. Yea, they are a tight band. Really good. Excellent players. Never saw them live though.

Broken pencils are pointless.

WIN-7 64-bit; Sonar X2A 64-bit; 12GB RAM; ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 MB; Intel Core i7-960; 300GB-OS (10000-RPM); 1TB-Projects (7200-RPM); 1TB-Samples (7200-RPM) 

KenB123
Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1229
Re: What is wrong with people?! 2017/05/14 12:48:20 (permalink)
Along the line of Jeff's comment above, Stevie Wonder was a surprise concert for me. This was in the mid-70's and a friend asked me if I wanted to go see Stevie perform at the college we were attending. I was well aware of the boy wonder, but never considered ever going to see him in concert. I thought, why not. See someone different for a change. Heck, the guy was a legend already. Let's go for it. Blew me away. Great concert. A great memory moment.

Broken pencils are pointless.

WIN-7 64-bit; Sonar X2A 64-bit; 12GB RAM; ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 MB; Intel Core i7-960; 300GB-OS (10000-RPM); 1TB-Projects (7200-RPM); 1TB-Samples (7200-RPM) 

timidi
Max Output Level: -21 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5449
Re: What is wrong with people?! 2017/05/14 22:01:27 (permalink)
smallstonefan
I bought a couple of tickets to see Winger/Kansas tonight 3rd row. My son can't make it so I invited everyone I knew (all 6 of them) and they all passed.

The world is going to hell.

Ha. Is Reb Beach still in Winger. Don't really follow them. He was in my "hood" back in the day. My brother's best friend. Actually, my brother taught him a few things on the guitar. But, usually the other way around:)

ASUS P8P67, i7-2600K, CORSAIR 16GB, HIS 5450, 3 Samsung SSD 850, Win7 64, RME AIO.

https://timbowman.bandcamp.com/releases

Moshkito
Re: What is wrong with people?! 2017/05/14 23:29:46 (permalink)
craigb
Roger Waters is coming to Portland next month.  Tickets are $125-$150.  My friend wants to go so I may, but I can buy a LOT of albums for that much dosh!

he will because he gets to spend time with Paul Allen, a massive fan of PF and RW ... and I think someone even wrote, that even if only 5 tickets sold, Roger would play here for Paul!

Music is not about notes and chords! My poem is not about the computer or monitor or letters! It's about how I was able to translate it from my insides! 
smallstonefan
Re: What is wrong with people?! 2017/05/15 00:25:10 (permalink)
I've seen Waters twice - once on the last pass of The Wall tour and once for something earlier that was a solo tour.

My wife hasn't seen him - I expect her to be blown away!
Mesh
  • Total Posts : 27360
Re: What is wrong with people?! 2017/05/15 13:21:54 (permalink)
KenB123
DrLumen

+1

I picked up a Huey Lewis 'Live' DVD some years back at an estate sale. Yea, they are a tight band. Really good. Excellent players. Never saw them live though.

In the late 80's, I saw them live and was very impressed with their sound and professionalism. Huey Lewis wasn't really (at the time) my cuppa tea, but I took a girl to the show and was trying to date her.......at least the show was good.

Platinum Gaming DAW: AsRock Z77 Overclock Formula
I7 3770k @ 4.5GHz : 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X
250GB OS SSD : 3TB HDD : 1TB Sample HDD
Win 10 Pro x 64 : NH-D14 CPU Cooler 
HIS IceQ  2GB HD 7870
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
The_Forum_Monkeys
quantumeffect
Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2771
Re: What is wrong with people?! 2017/05/15 16:32:24 (permalink)
smallstonefan
I've seen Waters twice - once on the last pass of The Wall tour and once for something earlier that was a solo tour.

My wife hasn't seen him - I expect her to be blown away!

I've seen Waters a number of times and I also saw The Wall reboot a few years ago ... always put on a good show.

That said, I was at Desert Trip last year.  The sound system was incredible and the first half of his show was great.  The second half of his show (especially the material from The Wall) devolved into a hate filled political rally ... to the extent that I was extremely uncomfortable.  Personally, I stayed until the end but there were entire sections that were clearing out.

Dave

8.5 PE 64, i7 Studio Cat, Delta 1010, GMS and Ludwig Drums, Paiste Cymbals

"Everyone knows rock n' roll attained perfection in 1974. It's a scientific fact." H. Simpson

"His chops are too righteous."  Plankton during Sponge Bob's guitar solo 
bluzdog
Max Output Level: -56 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1928
Re: What is wrong with people?! 2017/05/15 20:01:17 (permalink)
I have a buddy that gets seats by the mixing board at Red Rocks, 7th row center. He usually calls a few hours before a show and mostly for bands that I haven't heard of. Saturday night I went to this show:

Lettuce have announced the return of their 2nd annual Rage Rocks show to the historic Red Rocks Amphitheatre on Saturday, May 13. The show will once again feature a headlining set by the funk powerhouse who will be joined onstage by special guests Ghostface Killah, George Porter Jr., John Scofield, Marcus King & Cyril Neville. The lineup will also feature performances by Turkuaz, The Russ Liquid Test and J Rocc (of the Beat Junkies), with more to be announced!

Known for their incendiary live shows, extensive touring, die-hard fans, and massive two-decade career, Lettuce brings forth a new vitality to classic funk music. Comprised of a super-group of stellar musicians – Drummer Adam Deitch, guitarists Adam Smirnoff and Eric Krasno, bassist Erick “Jesus” Coomes, keyboardist Neal Evans, keyboardist and vocalist Nigel Hall, saxophonist Ryan Zoidis, and trumpet player Eric Bloom—the band continues to earn their name as a can’t-miss live act.

The band is currently on the second leg of their ‘Mt. Crushmore’ headlining tour. The tour celebrates the release of the band’s new EP entitled Mt. Crushmore, out now.

I was completely blown away. The opener was Turkuaz, they were awesome as well. It pays to keep an open mind, especially when it comes to music.

Rocky

Bhav
Max Output Level: -73 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 887
Re: What is wrong with people?! 2017/05/20 22:32:30 (permalink)
Only thing stopping me from watching concerts is the money and lack of company.

But if anyone wanted to be my answer to those two things Id go anywhere with you.

You must also provide travel.

And maybe drugs.

I7 6850k, Asus RV10E, 32 Gb ram, SLI GTX 980 Ti, Creative Soundblaster Z, Yamaha DGX 630, Creative Aurvana Platinum headphones.
Moshkito
Re: What is wrong with people?! 2017/05/23 15:58:29 (permalink)
smallstonefan
Roger waters is next Friday in Kansas City. My wife and I are going to it - it's the opening show for this tour. Pink Floyd is my favorite band, so I snagged 3rd row for that one too. Man I can't wait!

The shows to catch and watch, are the really early stuff that ended up on bootlegs ... there are not many live show DVD's that have been released of that time, but a couple of them are really good ... the "Live in Pompeii" is a must have DVD ... as it is really nice and well done, even though the cut up stuff is not necessary, and takes away from the open air concert in my book.

PF, was an incredible show way back when in the early 70's when they were one of the first bands to do the "quadraphonic sound", and their stage shows were an experience, already, and complete with sound effects flying all around you, it became an "experience", which was MILKED to the max with "The Wall" and that was that ... 

If you have the chance, read the review of Roger's The Wall, on my website (Music Reviews Section), and mine is mostly a comparison of the original with Roger's ... the original was more "personal" ... and the new version, and Roger these days ... is too political and opinionated to be more interesting and special as an "experience" ... I'm waiting for him to have a bomb in one of his songs now ... and I'm sure he will rip into something or other! Of course, he's had bombs in his songs before ... so not really a new one!

Moshkito
Re: What is wrong with people?! 2017/05/23 16:07:43 (permalink)
Bhav
Only thing stopping me from watching concerts is the money and lack of company.

But if anyone wanted to be my answer to those two things Id go anywhere with you.

You must also provide travel.

And maybe drugs.

Don't limit yourself ... from my experience, and I'm 66, you only have one chance to see the Beatles, one chance to see Luciano Pavarotti, one chance to see Rudolf Nureyev, one chance to see Misha Barishnikov ... and if you don't ... you're an idiot! 

If it's sold out ... that's another story, but you already knew that.

Some things in life only come once ... and it's your only chance ... and yeah, the money sometimes is an issue, as is company ... but there are times, when you have to say ... F---Y-- and just go ... and I had to do that for Tangerine Dream, Hawkwind, Nektar, Gong, Magma, Segovia, ETC La Mamma Group, The National Theater of the Deaf .... and so many others ... and I would never trade that evening''s experience ... for anything else ... it helps establish a sense ... and appreciation that is ... yeah, a bit far off, but in the end, it is the greatest inspiration EVER ... and I have no regrets. "The Space Ritual" was loud, but it was far out and special ... and I don't give a damn, that no one else wanted to see it ... it was a magnificent concert, and Stacia was even crazier and awesome. When I saw Hawkwind later in the "Space 1999" tour, the MAN Band, took the spotlight for me ... Just hearing Micky wailing in "C'mon" for 10 minutes was in itself, a magical moment ... listen to the long version in the "Back Into the Future" album, and you will have the idea ... you do not get to see those kinds of things one more time anywhere and you have to trust the moment and give it a chance.

Fudge the money ... it's the experience that is important to your living, not the money!

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1