What should I know before publisizing my music ?

Author
tuskiso
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 36
2007/01/31 20:23:20 (permalink)

What should I know before publisizing my music ?

Once you've created your songs/music, recorded, mixed & mastered it and finally got it down to a CD, what do you do to protect your work from being ripped-off. Do you copyright it...? Are there some quick and easy things that you can do to preserve your rights before you release it to the public (that won't delay you for months/years before you can release it).......??? Thanks for any help in advance.

1 Reply Related Threads

jiroe
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 73
    RE: What should I know before publisizing my music ? 2007/02/15 14:07:33 (permalink)
    copyright is correct my friend. But, you can release the music the day you apply for the copyright, given you have'nt ripped off anyone else and your stuff is original. As a cheap/BS way out, just save the file on your computer to and external/backup device... or something of that nature. and you will have the date it was created, but someone could realistically steal your stuff then and then copyright it and your f'd... truthfully, it takes a coward to steal another person's expression of music, but it happens all day everyday

anyways... Nothing beats a Copyright
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1