What the heck is going on with the renewal process?

Author
Bobw111
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2018/09/29 03:10:45 (permalink)

What the heck is going on with the renewal process?

I got an email reminding me to renew my maintenance for another year, and that I only have 6 days to get it done in.

That's fine, except that when I follow the link it takes me to ... nowhere useful.  The page I'm sent to has absolutely no renewal information on it.

And when I click on "contact support" I get taken to a page that tells me "This is still under construction". And for the record, it doesn't matter if I try any of the other options such as "pre-sale", check on an order, etc., they all send me to the same "under construction" page.

With a bit of digging around I was able to figure out that Cakewalk has apparently been bought out by someone else and it looks like all the former cakewalk products have been merged into one product, which is apparently free to download for the previous users of that other software.

Anyone got any idea what the heck is going on?   How am I supposed to renew when the renewal process doesn't work?

1 Reply Related Threads

scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: What the heck is going on with the renewal process? 2018/09/29 03:56:09 (permalink)
    +4 (4)
    Gibson shutdown Cakewalk operations in Nov 2017. Despite being notified, Digital River continues to send out renewal notices. I suppose these will stop when the one year anniversary of the shutdown happens in couple of months. Ignore the notice. There is nothing to renew. As part of the shutdown, Cakewalk granted perpetual licenses to all paid up users. The links you are trying are for the company Gibson shut down. BandLab is keeping this forum up until they roll out the replacement.

This year, BandLab announced the purchase of certain Cakewalk assets. Since then, BandLab has released Cakewalk by BandLab a DAW based on SONAR Platinum (without most of the bundled content). The DAW is free to anyone not just previous users of Cakewalk products. If you want to upgrade to CbB make sure to use your Cakewalk account email when setting up your BandLab account. This will allow BandLab to migrate your Cakewalk account information. FWIW, BandLab support information is here

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1