When dual tracking rhythm guitars: How do you track unique feedback/noise?

Author
csnack
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 96
2018/11/27 02:39:41 (permalink)

When dual tracking rhythm guitars: How do you track unique feedback/noise?

Say I have a song where there's two guitar players, rhythm and lead, and the rhythm guitar is dual tracked for thickness but with a desire to keep the performance sounding like one guitar player, but this rhythm riff involves unique feedback and string scrapes, you know that noise guitar players make to let you know they're getting ready to play something; how do you track that when dual tracking the rhythm w/ one left and one right? Because the giutar noise is unique I can't just simply record another take of it and pan one left and one right, so how would you deal with that? I was thinking at least this time I could try the Hass Effect which is simple enough to try anyway and which would let me just work w/ the one track where I captured the ideal performance, but that's certainly not something I'd want to do every practice. I record all guitar noise and feedback on their own track anyway so if I were dual tracking guitars where I recorded one to pan left and then a separate performance recorded for the right, could I get away with just copying the guitar noise track and pan and one left and one right and do the nudge on one of them? I know there's a way guys/girls do this, would love to hear about it 🙂

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1