Where Did My Kontakt Automation Curve Go?

Author
dlesaux
Max Output Level: -70 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1034
2017/03/13 09:34:38 (permalink)

Where Did My Kontakt Automation Curve Go?

Hello Forum Members!

I recorded reverb send automation from Session Horns Pro in Kontakt. I clicked the "W" button on Kontakt, pressed play and turned the reverb send knob (I never saw an automation curve writing anywhere which I usually do).  I rewind the track and press play, the reverb send knob on Kontakt moves as recorded but now that I want to edit the curve, I don't know where it is? I checked all the tracks and don't see it anywhere. Where did my Kontakt automation curve go? What did I do wrong?

Peace!
Daniel

Sonar Platinum - 2017.10 and PreSonus Studio One 3.5.5
Windows 10 64 bit
Studiocat Skylake Desktop PC with Intel i7 6700k processor @ 4.20 GHz / 16G RAM 
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface and Cakewalk UM-2G Midi Interface

Check out my website

4 Replies Related Threads

dlesaux
    Re: Where Did My Kontakt Automation Curve Go? 2017/03/13 19:53:24 (permalink)
    Quick update. I was also unable to locate the automation data by reviewing the event list. Not sure if this is agood place to look.

Peace!
    Daniel

Windows 10 64 bit

Check out my website
    AdamGrossmanLG
    Max Output Level: -62 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1436
    Re: Where Did My Kontakt Automation Curve Go? 2017/03/13 22:34:30 (permalink)
    in the track view, can you click on the area where it usually says "clips" and then change it to automation and then open the synth and find the parameter?  It should have a color next to it showing there is automation recorded for it.  I would post screenshots but I am not at my DAW now, but tell me if you need me too, and I will later.
    dlesaux
    Re: Where Did My Kontakt Automation Curve Go? 2017/03/14 09:35:07 (permalink)
    AdamGrossmanLG
    in the track view, can you click on the area where it usually says "clips" and then change it to automation and then open the synth and find the parameter?  It should have a color next to it showing there is automation recorded for it.  I would post screenshots but I am not at my DAW now, but tell me if you need me too, and I will later.

Thanks Adam for your help! Unfortunately, the automation curve is not there. It doesn't list the synth - in this case Kontakt - either. The weird part is that there was something recorded because the reverb level does move in Kontakt.

I also noticed that none of the tracks list the corresponding synth in the automation lane drop down menu. I do remember seeing this before. Is there some global setting that I'm missing somewhere in setup?

Peace!
    Daniel

Windows 10 64 bit

Check out my website
    AdamGrossmanLG
    Max Output Level: -62 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1436
    Re: Where Did My Kontakt Automation Curve Go? 2017/03/15 02:11:29 (permalink)
    I would check this area on the track that has the automation.   

Click where I have the yellow circle, and then where I have the red arrows, you should see something like "Kontakt", and then once you click on "Kontakt", I would assume you would see a list of FX, one might have automation on it.   This should show you the automation curve and allow editing.   If I understand correctly.

If this doesn't work, can you post a screenshot or two of what you did to record it and maybe how you have Kontakt setup?   Is it setup as a synth track or an FX?

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1