Which interface to get?

Author
srm5436
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 15
2008/09/26 14:21:35 (permalink)

Which interface to get?

I'm pretty new to digital audio/recording, but lately I've been trying to use Cakewalk Music Creator (newest version) to record on my PC (Windows Vista). But my sound card sucks, so I need to get an audio interface. I was initially leaning towards this one by Edirol - Edirol Interface .

I like this one because it basically has only what I need, and it's pretty much the only one in this price range that got good reviews. I also like it because it has MIDI recording capabilities, although I don't have a MIDI controller just yet, I might get one someday. Therefore, this one also caught my attention because it is a MIDI controller with a built-in audio interface - Line 6 TonePort Interface .

I'm not sure that either of these comes with any software, as many others seem to, so I want to be sure that whichever interface I get will work with Cakewalk Music Creator.

Anybody know which brand of interfaces tend to work well with Cakewalk software (particularly Music Creator)?

2 Replies Related Threads

mr.dcruz
    • Total Posts : 8
    RE: Which interface to get? 2008/10/05 23:02:09 (permalink)
    You'll need to give more information if you need advice.

What is your budget?

Do you run a PC or MAC?

What version of operating system?

These ARE the good old days!
    SlimL
    • Total Posts : 5
    RE: Which interface to get? 2008/10/07 23:43:25 (permalink)
    This is something that I would be interested in also. Been out of the music industry for about 6 years and everything has changed. It's not even called Cakewalk any more. I have Pro Audio 6, XP operating system, AMD processor, & Akai MX-73 Keyboard. Wish I was a piano player instead of a bass player. I do have a Mackie 1402 mixer, Carver power cube, and A7 Voice of the Theater speakers. What I am interested in is midi and audio inputs. I a new at this so any help would be appeciated. Slim

So Many Tracks, So Little Time
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1