Why am I not able to do step recording with the synth instrument?

Author
OffworldWalker
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 9
2018/10/01 15:51:24 (permalink)

Why am I not able to do step recording with the synth instrument?

I'm trying to do step recording with Music Creator 7.  I can see the volume meter reading the notes very clearly, I can hear the notes but the notes are not being recording.

Using the same input/output and driver selection, I'm able to use the synth instrument and do midi recording in "Comping" mode so I'm assumed that these same settings should work for step recording.

Is this an option that is only used with a real instruments?  Is there some other setting that I need to change.  

Thanks for any ideas or solutions.

5 Replies Related Threads

scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Why am I not able to do step recording with the synth instrument? 2018/10/01 16:28:23 (permalink)
    Just checked it out using TTS-1. Seems to work OK using the instructions in the help.
    OffworldWalker
    • Total Posts : 9
    Re: Why am I not able to do step recording with the synth instrument? 2018/10/03 14:34:09 (permalink)
    Still not working for me.  I discovered the Step Sequencer and I think it may be a solution.  I'll learn how to use it.  Thanks for replying... I'm starting to think that it's my version of Music Creator 7.  I've been watching Youtube tutorials and noticed that Cakewalk Sound Center can be accessed from the Synth tab at the top right but for me it doesn't show up unless I Right-Click on the track and chose "Insert Track from Template".  My system is a 64 bit so maybe some differences from a 32 bit system.  Maybe it's unrelated to my issue but I'm at a loss about the step recording. 
    scook
    Forum Host
    Re: Why am I not able to do step recording with the synth instrument? 2018/10/03 14:54:15 (permalink)
    The last version of MC7 is 21.00.01 build 34. This info is at the bottom of the About screen.
    I found a couple of MC7 specific videos most were older versions but all the synth should show up in the browser regardless of which version is used. Visually the only different I can think of between the 32bit and 64bit versions of Cakewalk DAWs is 32bit plug-ins show up with (32-bit) next to their name in plug-in lists and load inside BitBridge.

I would be surprised if Cakewalk made any videos in 32bit machines in some time. They switched to 64bit for primary development and testing years ago.

Consider upgrading to Cakewalk by BandLab. It is a much more capable DAW using a similar interface based on a version of SONAR develop after MC7.

The upgrade is free and will load any project and plug-ins bundled with MC7 not found in CbB such as the Cakewalk Sound Center. There is support from BandLab and the forum support is better too.
    Soloband
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: Why am I not able to do step recording with the synth instrument? 2018/10/10 03:40:00 (permalink)
    Hi I am a previous Sonar user which I have not used for a while. I used to prepare my midi playlists with the add on playlist creator, None of the editing or saving features appear to work and actually the playlist creator doesn't operate on new computers anyway.

So my question is how to get around this problem. I have just downloaded Bandlab to see if this works but it does not save edits. I suspect you have to pay for the full version.

If this is the case how much is it to get these simple little features to work. Very frustrating
    scook
    Forum Host
    Re: Why am I not able to do step recording with the synth instrument? 2018/10/10 04:13:43 (permalink)
    Soloband
    I have just downloaded Bandlab to see if this works but it does not save edits. I suspect you have to pay for the full version.

The free Cakewalk by BandLab is a full version that saves projects, midi files, playlists, etc. There is no paid version. The playlist documentation is here. The SONAR area is a better place to ask questions about Cakewalk by BandLab.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1