Helpful ReplyWhy no audiosnap in artist/home studio versions?

Author
ljb500
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 51
2017/07/13 17:42:43 (permalink)

Why no audiosnap in artist/home studio versions?

I was originally looking at one of these versions of sonar but noticed they don't come with audiosnap, also looking at cubase elements , this already comes with a similar feature built in. Can't understand why this feature wasnt included.
It was one of the first features I've experimented with in the demo and it isn't even in the versions I was looking at.
bitman
Max Output Level: -34 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4105
Re: Why no audiosnap in artist/home studio versions? 2017/07/13 17:59:15 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby michaelhanson 2017/07/13 19:32:54
Because you must pay more to get more.
ljb500
Re: Why no audiosnap in artist/home studio versions? 2017/07/13 18:29:22 (permalink)
bitman
Because you must pay more to get more.

I see that but it's only in the pro version and above where as cubase elements which is priced the same as artist has a similar feature already. And Pro is twice the money of artist , lot extra to pay if you just want that one specific feature.
reginaldStjohn
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 485
Re: Why no audiosnap in artist/home studio versions? 2017/07/13 19:30:52 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby michaelhanson 2017/07/13 19:32:47
Well, that is what is nice about having so many good DAW choices. If that particular feature is important to you maybe Cubase Elements is the right choice for you.  If you like Sonar for other reasons then save up a bit more money and buy the Pro or Platinum version.

You would have to talk directly to Cakewalk Sales and Marketing to know "why" they made the feature sets they did. Your only going to get people's random opinions in the forum on a subject like this.

AMD Phenom II x6, 8 GB Ram, 2 Internal SATA III HD
Windows 10
Presonus Studio Live 16.0.2 Interface/Mixer
Cakewalk Sonar Platinum
Line6 Helix Guitar Processor 
Custom Made (El Bandito) Telecaster
LTD ESP EC-1000
PRS El Torrero SE
ljb500
Re: Why no audiosnap in artist/home studio versions? 2017/07/14 04:57:28 (permalink)
reginaldStjohn
Well, that is what is nice about having so many good DAW choices. If that particular feature is important to you maybe Cubase Elements is the right choice for you.  If you like Sonar for other reasons then save up a bit more money and buy the Pro or Platinum version.

You would have to talk directly to Cakewalk Sales and Marketing to know "why" they made the feature sets they did. Your only going to get people's random opinions in the forum on a subject like this.

It's frustrating that at the same price point they don't offer that same functionality. I've now downloaded cubase elements demo and will try both then make a decision on whether to pay extra for sonar pro, pro definitely seems to offer decent value when compared with the higher end cubase offerings but there will also be stuff which I simply won't use so I'll weigh it up over the next couple of weeks.
Anderton
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 14070
Re: Why no audiosnap in artist/home studio versions? 2017/07/14 05:18:01 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby ljb500 2017/07/14 09:11:19
It also depends on how you want Audiosnap. If it's because you want to slice beats so they can be stretched, SONAR's loop construction window does something that's pretty much the same as Cubase's hit point detection, slices automatically (with slice point editing and the option to slice manuall, and saves in a format that follows tempo changes. 

If you can indicate your end goal, there may be other ways to accomplish what you want in SONAR.

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
ljb500
Re: Why no audiosnap in artist/home studio versions? 2017/07/14 09:10:55 (permalink)
Anderton
It also depends on how you want Audiosnap. If it's because you want to slice beats so they can be stretched, SONAR's loop construction window does something that's pretty much the same as Cubase's hit point detection, slices automatically (with slice point editing and the option to slice manuall, and saves in a format that follows tempo changes. 

If you can indicate your end goal, there may be other ways to accomplish what you want in SONAR.

basically i want to slice or chop a sample so i can use the sliced sample in something like battery. the tutorials ive found to do this have used audiosnap but if you could explain another easy-ish way for me to do this without audiosnap then this would be great. thanks.
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1