Why wont Melodyne save my edits?

Author
Stevethesearcher2020
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 31
2017/06/08 14:06:52 (permalink)

Why wont Melodyne save my edits?

I have been trying to edit vocals in Melodyne in Sonar Platinum and no matter what I do I cant save my work.

This is what I have done step by step.

1. I select a region of a vocal track and then I select Melodyne/ Create Region Effect.

2. I then select open Editor and make the edits I want in Melodyne.

Everything is ok up to this point.  When I finish my editing. I then do this

3. Render Region Effect to Audio. I presumed at this stage then the edits have then become audio files are were permanent. However when I go in again my edits have not saved.

In desperation I then tried another idea. Instead of using Render Region Effect to Audio I use.

4. Bounce down to audio as an alternative to using Render Region Effects to Audio.

However this doesn't save the edits properly either.

It almost seems that some notes have been edited but any notes which have been separated are now joined together again.

I thought maybe I should use Save in the main Sonar menu immediately after making my edits in Melodyne before rendering to Audio or alternatively using bounce to Clips. However no joy.

No matter what I do when I go back in to a clip by creating a region effect in an area that I have edited and opening up the Editor the edits have not been saved.

Its very frustrating. Maybe I am doing something wrong but I cant think what it could be if I am.

If anyone had this problem or knows how to solve it I would be most grateful.

Thanks in advance

4 Replies Related Threads

dwardzala
    Max Output Level: -61 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1470
    Re: Why wont Melodyne save my edits? 2017/06/08 14:53:05 (permalink)
    I normally do not have to do step 2 in your process.  Normally, I select a clip and when I select Region Effects/Melodyne from the menu, it automatically opens Melodyne in the multidock.  I do my edits in there and render and everything is good.

It sounds like you might be opening Melodyne from outside of Sonar and doing your edits there and then rendering the region in Sonar that you did not edit.  If so, your edits might be saved in an audio file on your computer somewhere.

Dave
    Main Studio- Core i5 @2.67GHz, 16Gb Ram, (2) 500Gb HDs, (1) 360 Gb HD
    MotU Ultralite AVB, Axiom 49 Midi Controller, Akai MPD18 Midi Controller
    Win10 x64 Home
    Sonar 2017.06 Platinum (and X3e, X2c, X1d)

Mobile Studio - Sager NP8677 (i7-6700HQ @2.67MHz, 16G Ram, 250G SSD, 1T HD)
    M-Box Mini v. 2
    Win 10 x64 Home
    Sonar 2016.10 Platinum

Check out my original music:
    https://soundcloud.com/d-wardzala/sets/d-wardzala-original-music

Stevethesearcher2020
    Re: Why wont Melodyne save my edits? 2017/06/08 15:14:19 (permalink)
    dwardzala
    I normally do not have to do step 2 in your process.  Normally, I select a clip and when I select Region Effects/Melodyne from the menu, it automatically opens Melodyne in the multidock.  I do my edits in there and render and everything is good.

It sounds like you might be opening Melodyne from outside of Sonar and doing your edits there and then rendering the region in Sonar that you did not edit.  If so, your edits might be saved in an audio file on your computer somewhere.

Thanks for your answer. I am pretty sure I am opening Melodyne from inside of Sonar. I don't see how I could be opening it outside of Sonar. However I will look into this. I have Melodyne as part of purchasing Sonar Platinum previously upgraded from older versions of Sonar.

fwrend
    Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 709
    Re: Why wont Melodyne save my edits? 2017/06/08 15:16:52 (permalink)
    I use the bounce method and it does work for me (Platinum 2017 April build and Melodyne Studio 4.1).

i.e. once I'm done editing the region effect in Melodyne, I right-click the clip in the track and select Track | Bounce to Clip(s).  Clip is "rendered" in place, edit is done, and Melodyne closes.

However, it does seem that using "Render Region Effect" is hit or miss when splitting and editing notes.  Sometimes the Blob is joined together but I do still hear the edit.  My guess is this is a Melodyne thing and not Sonar.

That's all I got.  Hope you get is sorted out.

Wren 

Studio Cat DAW i7-4790K 4.0GHz, 16 GB, Windows 10 (latest), 64-bit, 500GB SSD OS HDD, 1.5TB 7200 SATA Recording, 2x 1TB SSD Samples, MOTU 8M, Behringer X-Touch
    Stevethesearcher2020
    Re: Why wont Melodyne save my edits? 2017/06/08 15:23:21 (permalink)
    fwrend
    I use the bounce method and it does work for me (Platinum 2017 April build and Melodyne Studio 4.1).

i.e. once I'm done editing the region effect in Melodyne, I right-click the clip in the track and select Track | Bounce to Clip(s).  Clip is "rendered" in place, edit is done, and Melodyne closes.

However, it does seem that using "Render Region Effect" is hit or miss when splitting and editing notes.  Sometimes the Blob is joined together but I do still hear the edit.  My guess is this is a Melodyne thing and not Sonar.

That's all I got.  Hope you get is sorted out.

Thanks for your answer. Yes I saw someone on Youtube using bounce to clip. However that didn't work out either. I am not sure whats happening. I might have to export my audio to pitch edit in Reason if all else fails. That's my Zero option but its not satisfactory but I need to finish up.

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1