Will Rapture Pro accept old Dim Pro DSF kits

Author
juan47
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 33
2018/02/23 14:30:52 (permalink)

Will Rapture Pro accept old Dim Pro DSF kits

I bought the Digital Sound Factory kits way back in Sonar 8.5. I'm building a new music computer while we still have access to the server. Can I put the DSF kits in the new Rapture Pro Session? If so, where? Or should I put them back in Dimension Pro.
I see my sig says Sonar X3, but I have Platinum.
Thanks,
juan
post edited by juan47 - 2018/02/23 15:09:41

Sonar Platinum Win10 Kurzweil K2500XS Kurzweil 1200 Pro Yamaha TG77 Yamaha WX-7 Komplete 9

2 Replies Related Threads

scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Will Rapture Pro accept old Dim Pro DSF kits 2018/02/23 16:33:39 (permalink)
    Short answer - the expansion packs will probably work just fine in Rapture Session and Rapture Pro.

Longer answer -
    Rapture Session and Rapture Pro are two different products based on the same code. Think of Rapture Session as the replacement for Cakewalk Sound Center and Rapture Pro as the replacement for Dimension Pro and Rapture.

Both Rapture Session and Rapture Pro can play CSC, DPro and Rapture programs. There are a few limitations when playing legacy programs though. The buttons to the right of the knobs just above the keyboard on CSC were not implemented. Extensive DPro programing relying on the DPro UI like that used in the VB3 programs was not implemented. I only have a few DPro DSF Expansion Packs and the programs I checked seem to play OK.

If you do elect to add DSF Expansion Packs to Rapture Session or Rapture Pro the installers may not put the samples and programs in the correct locations.

The default location for programs is C:\Cakewalk Content\Rapture Pro\Programs
    The default location for samples is C:\Cakewalk Content\Cakewalk Sample Data\Rapture Pro\Multisamples
    There are other folders in those directories that may need updates too. It depends on the expansion pack. It should be pretty easy to tell.

Depending on the age of the installer, it may not be possible to run the DSF installers without DPro being installed. I cannot say for sure, I have never tried.

Also keep in mind that if you do decide to install CSC, DPro or Rapture after installing Rapture Session or Rapture Pro, the CSC, DPro and Rapture programs will not show up in Rapture Session or Rapture Pro. This is because the programs are copied as part of the Rapture Session/Pro install process. Re-running the Rapture Session/Pro will grab the programs and set up the registry to look for the legacy samples.
    juan47
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 33
    Re: Will Rapture Pro accept old Dim Pro DSF kits 2018/02/23 16:44:54 (permalink)
    Thank you. I'll give it a try and report back.

Sonar Platinum Win10 Kurzweil K2500XS Kurzweil 1200 Pro Yamaha TG77 Yamaha WX-7 Komplete 9
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1