Win a Free Tranzport Wireless DAW Control Surface - Awesome with Sonar!

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 3 of 4
Author
inmazevo
Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3276
RE: Win a Free Tranzport Wireless DAW Control Surface - Awesome with Sonar! 2006/08/30 11:47:43 (permalink)
Ok now this thread really is going down the drain ...

My humble observation as someone pretty new around here is that just about every thread that has a title that my email spam filter would filter AND that comes from Scott is destined to go down the drain.

Someone (rightfully) points out that it's not technically appropriate... someone defends (again, I suppose rightfully from there point of view)... someone else chimes in... someone else defends...

I'm new, so I don't know all the history, but since I've been coming here (every day for around 8 months), most of the posts really do feel to me like ads... sorry about that, but they do. It's OK... I don't mind, but I don't know why people have to apologize for pointing it out.
It IS very easy, after all, to become part of the in crowd and cross the line.
When I first joined, I got blasted by a veteran and tool writer, just for recommending a laptop model he/she new better about (though didn't own or have personal experience with). That wasn't appropriate, but he can do it because he's a staple. This is a different mood, but not entirely a different issue.

I don't care what people post, for the most part... it's not MY forum, but it IS technically against the rules, but wasn't "MOVED" during a recent admin thread killing run, so Cake doesn't seem to care... so I don't care.

But seriously, these ARE advertisements, and as a Cakewalk "partner" as someone pointed out, there is already an enjoyed advertising going on on Cakewalk's very site...

Is it appropriate? Probably not... and definitely technically not.
Will it continue? Probably so...
Does Cake care? Probably not...
Do good threads move into forum oblivion because of non-support-issue threads? All the time, but this one to me is more tolerable than the goofiest of them...
Could I get away with it? Absolutely not...
Do I care? Not really...

No offense meant to anyone... post all you want Scott, I don't mind. I receive your newsletter, and go to your site, and generally support you. I just don't think anyone's being particularly inappropriate when pointing out what they perceive as inequity...

Take care, everybody...
- zevo
post edited by inmazevo - 2006/08/30 12:02:07
urock
Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 501
RE: Win a Free Tranzport Wireless DAW Control Surface - Awesome with Sonar! 2006/08/30 13:10:28 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: papa2004

Ron,

Susan made her apologies (and explanations)...A few others have not...They're the ones who should be properly addressed...

I don't know who you are talking about, but since I chimed in earlier in support of Susan, and you seem to be saying that everyone that supported Susan's original analysis was wrong, I'll respond. Forgive me for having a different opinion than you...

After seeing everyone's vehement defense of garrigus, I tried to think about from Cakewalk's perspective. It seems the bottom line is that from a marketing point of view, garrigus is clearly an extension of Cakewalk's efforts. If you go into any Barnes & Noble or Borders in the US, often the only book on Sonar in the music section is garrigus's Sonar Power books (the only other one I see is the Sonar Ignite books, from the same publisher as garrigus). This is clearly free and beneficial marketing for Cakewalk. To anybody looking to get into music production and just flipping through books at the bookstore (like I did a long time ago), garrigus is their ambassador to Cakewalk.

So the reality is that garrigus and Cakewalk have a symbotic relationship such that, if one wins the other wins. For better or worse, I think garrigus's work makes it so Cakewalk doesn't spend resources to improve the Sonar manual every year (anyone can see that a large part of the text in manual has not changed for many years) because garrigus and his publisher will issue a defacto in-depth manual that is much more user friendly.

So, regardless of whether I think garrigus's emails are in your face marketing, it is in effect, an extension of marketing by Cakewalk. And marketing by Cakewalk is just part of the scenery if you choose, like me, to live in Cakewalkland. So market away, Mr. Garrigus!

post edited by urock - 2006/08/30 13:24:45
thomasabarnes
Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3234
RE: Win a Free Tranzport Wireless DAW Control Surface - Awesome with Sonar! 2006/08/30 13:20:52 (permalink)
I don't mind Scott's posts.:)

"It's not a song till it touches your heart. It's not a song till it tears you apart!" Lyrics of Amy Grant.

SONAR Platinum X64 (jBridge), Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit, Core i7 990X Extreme Edition Processor 3.46 GHz 6 Cores, Gigabyte EX58-UD5, Crucial Ballistix 24GB 1333MHz DDR3 @1333 MHz, TASCAM UH-7000, Behringer X-Touch, EVGA GTX 980TI Superclocked 6GB, 1TB Samsung EVO 850 SSD, 150GB, 320GB, 1TB 7200rpm HDDs
garrigus
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8599
RE: Win a Free Tranzport Wireless DAW Control Surface - Awesome with Sonar! 2006/08/31 13:39:14 (permalink)
Sorry guys... Cakewalk has spoken.

Actually, they didn't mind until someone sent in a complaint. They know that I promote their company as much as possible. I'm even working to get Cakewalk noticed more in the pro music area. More on that in an upcoming issue of DigiFreq.

And of course, I don't blame Cakewalk for anything. They just want to keep all their forum members happy. Even the naysayers.

In any case, I'm sure I'll be able to check in once in a while, but if you need me, I'm over at the DigiFreq forums on a daily basis:
http://www.digifreq.com/digifreq/discuss/

Talk to ya later... peace.

Scott

--
Scott R. Garrigus - Author of Cakewalk, Sound Forge and Sound Forge 6, SONAR 1, 2, 3, 4 and Sound Forge 8 Power! books. ** Sonar 5 Power The Comprehensive Guide - Now Available! ** Books up to 37% off at:
http://www.garrigus.com/

Publisher of DigiFreq. Win a free Tranzport Wireless DAW Control Surface and learn cool music technology tips and techniques by getting a FREE subscription to DigiFreq... over 19,000 readers can't be wrong! Go to:
http://www.digifreq.com/digifreq/
post edited by garrigus - 2006/08/31 13:52:24
stratcat33511
Max Output Level: -39 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3636
RE: Win a Free Tranzport Wireless DAW Control Surface - Awesome with Sonar! 2006/08/31 16:09:34 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: MKS

Is there anything in the TOS about using sexy avatars? SteveJL's avatar is making me horny. Should I complain?

If you complain ....
I'll complain you're complaining
stratcat33511
Max Output Level: -39 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3636
RE: Win a Free Tranzport Wireless DAW Control Surface - Awesome with Sonar! 2006/08/31 16:10:39 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: garrigus

Sorry guys... Cakewalk has spoken.

Actually, they didn't mind until someone sent in a complaint. They know that I promote their company as much as possible. I'm even working to get Cakewalk noticed more in the pro music area. More on that in an upcoming issue of DigiFreq.

And of course, I don't blame Cakewalk for anything. They just want to keep all their forum members happy. Even the naysayers.

In any case, I'm sure I'll be able to check in once in a while, but if you need me, I'm over at the DigiFreq forums on a daily basis:
http://www.digifreq.com/digifreq/discuss/

Talk to ya later... peace.

Scott

--
Scott R. Garrigus - Author of Cakewalk, Sound Forge and Sound Forge 6, SONAR 1, 2, 3, 4 and Sound Forge 8 Power! books. ** Sonar 5 Power The Comprehensive Guide - Now Available! ** Books up to 37% off at:

Publisher of DigiFreq. Win a free Tranzport Wireless DAW Control Surface and learn cool music technology tips and techniques by getting a FREE subscription to DigiFreq... over 19,000 readers can't be wrong! Go to:

Well, Sorry Scott.
I'll see you on the other side.

Paul G
Max Output Level: -52 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2334
RE: Win a Free Tranzport Wireless DAW Control Surface - Awesome with Sonar! 2006/08/31 16:43:50 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: stratcat33511

Well, Sorry Scott.
I'll see you on the other side.

Yep. We'll see you over there, Scott.

Paul

Man I hope I win the Tranzport....Oh wait! I have one.
post edited by Paul G - 2006/08/31 16:57:38

Intel i7-4790K, Win7 Pro, 16GB Ram
1TB OS, 2TB Audio, 1TB Samples
Focusrite Scarlett 6i6
Cakewalk by Bandlab
Paul Robert Glaser
The Brothers Glaser
SoundClick
Susan G
  • Total Posts : 12016
RE: Win a Free Tranzport Wireless DAW Control Surface - Awesome with Sonar! 2006/08/31 18:57:33 (permalink)
Hi all-

Scott wasn't banned from the forum, so it's obviously his choice whether to continue to contribute or not. I hope he does, but let's not make more of this than what it is. Someone reported one of his posts, and Cakewalk determined that it violated the TOS.

If Scott decides, based on that, that he doesn't want to post here again that's up to him, but no one ran him off.

All this "see you on the other side" stuff just seems a little silly and melodramatic to me.

Scott:

I don't think that's a fair characterization, and it frankly makes no sense to me! Either a report of a violation of the TOS has merit, or it doesn't. What "naysayers" are you talking about? AFAIK, the only debate about whether or not a post violates the TOS is internal to CW.

Why not post here again? So someone reported one of your posts -- big deal. You obviously have lots of supporters here, so what's to keep you away?

Thanks-

-Susan

2.30 gigahertz Intel Core i7-3610QM; 16 GB RAM
Windows 10 x64; NI Komplete Audio 6.
SONAR Platinum (Lexington) x64
glazfolk
Max Output Level: -22.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5253
RE: Win a Free Tranzport Wireless DAW Control Surface - Awesome with Sonar! 2006/08/31 19:24:13 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Susan G

If Scott decides, based on that, that he doesn't want to post here again that's up to him, but no one ran him off.

Susan -

I'd say that much of this is about perception, so much so that each person's perception becomes their individual reality. [My word, that's profound for this time of day - early morning here).

I'd say that if someone believes (rightly or wrongly) that they have received unfair treatment, or that they been subjected to unjustified criticism, then that becomes their reality. Under the circumstances, Scott's decision does not surprise me.

That's a shame. The guy has made many useful posts here - for example, one little thing I learnt from one of them was a clever way of using Lyrics view to (almost) get what I wanted. But then there's always the DigiFreq forum I suppose (which I think was all Ed meant by his "other place" comment).

Best,
Geoff
keith
Max Output Level: -36.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3882
RE: Win a Free Tranzport Wireless DAW Control Surface - Awesome with Sonar! 2006/08/31 19:25:33 (permalink)

I hope he does, but let's not make more of this than what it is. Someone reported one of his posts, and Cakewalk determined that it violated the TOS.

[...]

All this "see you on the other side" stuff just seems a little silly and melodramatic to me.

What's silly is all this "You, sir, are TOS-violator!!! Expect to be dealt with accordingly!!!!" cr@p. Really, go look at the first two posts.

The original was posted at 2:57:27 PM.

You chimed in at 3:04:10 PM before the bits of Scott's post had even dried on the disk. That's a passage of 6 minutes, 43 seconds, including typing, TOS-quoting, and button clicking time. That's like forum-moderator type response time.

You know if everybody who could care less would have just ignored the original post, as they usually do, this thread would have garnered a bunch of silent looks, at most a handful of replies, and would have been on page 4 by now. The average page-1 lifespan of a thread is probably 12 hours. As it is, this stupid, borderline-self-promoting heads up is now exceeding ordinary life expectancy by like 1000%!

Susan G
RE: Win a Free Tranzport Wireless DAW Control Surface - Awesome with Sonar! 2006/08/31 19:45:25 (permalink)
Hi Geoff-

I'd say that if someone believes (rightly or wrongly) that they have received unfair treatment, or that they been subjected to unjustified criticism, then that becomes their reality. Under the circumstances, Scott's decision does not surprise me.

Sure, I can see that. I just wanted it to be clear that Scott's decision to leave the forum was his own, and that although Cakewalk "reported" one of his posts (whatever that means), it's up to him whether or not to continue to contribute. I hope he does. Frankly, his last post sounded a little pouty to me, sorry!

-Susan

SteveJL
Max Output Level: -29 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4644
RE: Win a Free Tranzport Wireless DAW Control Surface - Awesome with Sonar! 2006/08/31 19:49:54 (permalink)
Yeah Scott, I'll miss you around here if you do stay away completely. Can't say I blame you though, I can see how difficult it would get dealing with the relentless kind of crap you have been the last while. Maybe things will look different down the road for you and you can find some middle-ground here. If it's any consololation, there are never any winners in these kinds of situations, only losers (all of us), and I have to say, the one that fought the hardest against you here probably lost the most (of himself). I'll still never get the point of all that, but, it's not necessary that I do either.

I'll make a point of popping by Digifreq now and then. And keep writing, bud

Susan G
RE: Win a Free Tranzport Wireless DAW Control Surface - Awesome with Sonar! 2006/08/31 19:56:22 (permalink)
Hi Keith-

The original was posted at 2:57:27 PM.

You chimed in at 3:04:10 PM before the bits of Scott's post had even dried on the disk. That's a passage of 6 minutes, 43 seconds, including typing, TOS-quoting, and button clicking time. That's like forum-moderator type response time.

It was a slow news day, what can I say? I type pretty fast, and I wouldn't get so worked up about it if I were you.

Actually, I think it would have died a natural death if Scott hadn't brought it to life again on the 27th!

Thanks-

-Susan

Edit: BTW, it's not really legitimate in a debate to attribute a totally made-up quote to your opponent! Just so you know.
post edited by Susan G - 2006/08/31 20:14:23

UnderTow
Max Output Level: -37 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3848
RE: Win a Free Tranzport Wireless DAW Control Surface - Awesome with Sonar! 2006/08/31 20:02:14 (permalink)

Waow Scott. ONE person reports a post and you run away? What about all the other forum members that enjoy your posts? Don't they more than balance that out? On the other hand, why don't you stick arround to contribute but leave out the shameless self promotion post(s) like everyone else? Or is the only reason for you to contribute here self promotion? I don't think it is but I am just pointing out that it could look like that.

Come on, play by the rules, grow a tougher hide and enjoy the forum. :)

UnderTow
urock
Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 501
RE: Win a Free Tranzport Wireless DAW Control Surface - Awesome with Sonar! 2006/08/31 20:12:10 (permalink)

Hi all-

Scott wasn't banned from the forum, so it's obviously his choice whether to continue to contribute or not. I hope he does, but let's not make more of this than what it is. Someone reported one of his posts, and Cakewalk determined that it violated the TOS.

Scott:

I don't think that's a fair characterization, and it frankly makes no sense to me! Either a report of a violation of the TOS has merit, or it doesn't. What "naysayers" are you talking about? AFAIK, the only debate about whether or not a post violates the TOS is internal to CW.

Why not post here again? So someone reported one of your posts -- big deal. You obviously have lots of supporters here, so what's to keep you away?

Thanks-

-Susan

Actually, his move doesn't even make sense. He's running a business. The more he posts, the more people see references to his books in his sig and, in theory, buy them. As the official Cakewalk website, this is likely his biggest potential market on the net.

In the grand scheme of things, these were generally pretty mild comments. Plus, there were more people that agreed with him that disagreed.

But maybe he's just a master marketer - he got me to bump this thread.

keith
Max Output Level: -36.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3882
RE: Win a Free Tranzport Wireless DAW Control Surface - Awesome with Sonar! 2006/08/31 21:16:40 (permalink)

Edit: BTW, it's not really legitimate in a debate to attribute a totally made-up quote to your opponent! Just so you know.

If I'm attributing a quote to someone it will be formatted as such, as in:

The way I see it...

You know I've always been one of your champions, but this is a little above and beyond for this forum, don't you think?

Cakewalk does not allow any form of advertising, therefore promoting websites or products in the forum is inappropriate.

plus

I'm not selling anything.

No, but you are promoting your website, unsolicited. I'm not trying to make a big deal about it, but it is one of the things prohibited in the forum's TOS if in fact you use that site for advertising.

plus

ORIGINAL: dbmusic
The Cakewalk TOS clearly states:

"Cakewalk does not allow any form of advertising, therefore promoting websites or products in the forum is inappropriate. Hyperlinks to 3rd party web sites are allowed only if they pertain directly to the discussion topic."

Even your signature is an advertisement. You may occasionally contribute to the forum, but that doesn't grant you the right to leverage your popularity and violate the forum TOS.

plus

ORIGINAL: garrigus
Unfortunately, someone decided to report this topic so it will be the last.

equals

"You, sir, are TOS-violator!!! Expect to be dealt with accordingly!!!!"

The last quote is mine. All the others are as quoted.
Susan G
RE: Win a Free Tranzport Wireless DAW Control Surface - Awesome with Sonar! 2006/08/31 21:27:34 (permalink)
Hi Keith-

But my point was they're not all direct quotes from my posts. I've tried to be clear. You can't just scrabble some quotes together from different posters, decide what they "equal", according to you, and post that as if someone actually said it! No one ever did.

-Susan

DonM
Max Output Level: -34 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4129
RE: Win a Free Tranzport Wireless DAW Control Surface - Awesome with Sonar! 2006/08/31 21:33:23 (permalink)
I'm just sad - I really dig all that you guys contribute to me....No hard feelings either of ya..
-D
post edited by DonM - 2006/08/31 21:47:14

MetalEdge
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 54
RE: Win a Free Tranzport Wireless DAW Control Surface - Awesome with Sonar! 2006/09/01 01:16:13 (permalink)
Isn't this like SPAM? Or telemarketing?
...wicked
Max Output Level: -1.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7360
RE: Win a Free Tranzport Wireless DAW Control Surface - Awesome with Sonar! 2006/09/01 02:40:08 (permalink)
C'mon Susan, for someone who dropped this thread, like 12 posts ago, you sure seem hell-bent on not only calling Scott out, but then telling him he's being "melodramatic" for reacting to a 3 page thread mostly of fighting about him trying, TRYING, to give away a free piece of gear.

If you ran your own newsletter and web site, and you wrote your own books on Sonar, and you contributed to forums, and you negotiated with vendors to give you free gear to give away to your loyal base, and then, THEN you were bashed on the gear forum for trying to do it? I think you'd react with far less diplomacy than Scott. Truth is, I find his response to be stand-up and genteel. And I think his maturity is our loss. If I skip out on a chance to get free gear because someone had more problems with Scott posting that notice here than they're own diatribes, that's not Scott's melodrama, that's the forum's collective loss.

Either you let it go and don't defend it, or you gotta step up and say it's partly your doing. I don't see how you can call Garrigus out, especially since he's the guy who writes the Sonar bible. For bollock's sakes, what did you just gain out of all this? Great, now Garrigus can't post giveaways and updates. Thank god the forum is cleansed of this... so we can go back to people screaming about feature demands and how cute their icons are? I can't help but feel the entirely wrong target was picked, which would be bad enough, but now you're trying to justify it by calling Scott melodramatic? You already admitted you overreacted, don't try and re-stoke the fire.

===========
The Fog People
===========

Intel i7-4790 
16GB RAM
ASUS Z97 
Roland OctaCapture
Win10/64   

SONAR Platinum 64-bit    
billions VSTs, some of which work    
thomasabarnes
RE: Win a Free Tranzport Wireless DAW Control Surface - Awesome with Sonar! 2006/09/01 10:32:10 (permalink)
I think Scott should be allowed to post here as he has been doing. Because he has written the SONAR Power books, I think he should be able to post in this forum regardless of how much boo hoo talk is expressed. Heck, I think he's earned the priveledge to post here!

Whatever may be the deal, Cakewalk and SONAR: Rock On!!!

"It's not a song till it touches your heart. It's not a song till it tears you apart!" Lyrics of Amy Grant.

SONAR Platinum X64 (jBridge), Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit, Core i7 990X Extreme Edition Processor 3.46 GHz 6 Cores, Gigabyte EX58-UD5, Crucial Ballistix 24GB 1333MHz DDR3 @1333 MHz, TASCAM UH-7000, Behringer X-Touch, EVGA GTX 980TI Superclocked 6GB, 1TB Samsung EVO 850 SSD, 150GB, 320GB, 1TB 7200rpm HDDs
Tom Roussell [Cakewalk]
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 295
RE: Win a Free Tranzport Wireless DAW Control Surface - Awesome with Sonar! 2006/09/01 10:47:09 (permalink)
Hi, I'd like to make something clear, since I'm not sure it is. Scott was not banned from our forum, nor was he asked to stop posting. We asked him to contact us directly when he wants to promote something to our users. The forums are for discussions among our users, not for promotions or giveaways. If we let Mr. Garrigus do it, everyone else will follow, and that's not what our forums are about. Scott is still welcome to participate in the forums by answering user's questions. We simply prefer he contact us directly when he wants to run a promotion. There are better ways to do that than on our discussion forums.

Hope that helps!

Tom
Cakewalk
thomasabarnes
RE: Win a Free Tranzport Wireless DAW Control Surface - Awesome with Sonar! 2006/09/01 11:06:12 (permalink)
Thanks for the reply Cakewalk. I knew you were on top of things!

puffer
Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 836
RE: Win a Free Tranzport Wireless DAW Control Surface - Awesome with Sonar! 2006/09/01 11:37:36 (permalink)
You kids crack me up with all this tempest/teapot posting. It gets so over the top.

But, seriously, folks. Firstly, he didn't say he was never coming back; he did say you could find him *over at his forum*. Yes, Mr. G. knows himself some Sonar, and can be a valuable resource, but he is promoting a service. As far as I can tell, it is not an official Cakewalk partnership. Someone posted that it is a defacto Cakewalk product - I imagine this is just the sort of thing that the TOS is trying to mitigate: Cakewalk being associated with services/products that they actually have no real control over, not just competing products.

That's just the facts.

IMO (no so H), Mr. G. does a fair degree of positioning himself to be *the* resource for Sonar, and a lot of his posting here is to direct traffic to his site & list. Within the TOS? Not for me to decided. But personally I see it as somewhat piggybacking on the Cakewalk corporate name, cause ultimately it's about getting you to see his advertisers, which it is interesting to note Cakewalk does not seem to be among.

Of course, you can read more about Sonar over at my blog...

digitallofi.bandcamp.com
garrigus
  • Total Posts : 8599
RE: Win a Free Tranzport Wireless DAW Control Surface - Awesome with Sonar! 2006/09/01 11:37:45 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Tom Roussell [Cakewalk]
Hi, I'd like to make something clear, since I'm not sure it is. Scott was not banned from our forum, nor was he asked to stop posting. We asked him to contact us directly when he wants to promote something to our users. The forums are for discussions among our users, not for promotions or giveaways. If we let Mr. Garrigus do it, everyone else will follow, and that's not what our forums are about. Scott is still welcome to participate in the forums by answering user's questions. We simply prefer he contact us directly when he wants to run a promotion. There are better ways to do that than on our discussion forums.
Hope that helps!

Hi Tom -- Thanks for stepping in and posting the official word from Cakewalk on this. I'm sorry if my previous post wasn't clear.

Have a great holiday weekend, Everyone!

Scott

--

sms
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 317
RE: Win a Free Tranzport Wireless DAW Control Surface - Awesome with Sonar! 2006/09/01 17:10:35 (permalink)
Speaking as a fellow Scott (um, for whatever that's worth), let me say the following:

1. Anyone offering a free chance to try to win free gear will always be welcomed by me here. If it costs to enter the contest, of course, no way. That's my personal self-interest speaking.

2. I love Garrigus's books. First one I bought was "Cakewalk Power", for PA9 IIRC. I assume (possibly incorrectly) that they are one of his main sources of income. But at the same time, he does Cakewalk a tremendous service with those books, as they really do show users just what Sonar is capable of, both to the uninitiated and to long-time users (it's a very complex program!). He does this FAR better than the Sonar help file and manual, which while chock full of info, suffer from many lacunae and are at best lackluster reference sources for people who already have a good idea of what they want to do, but don't know exactly how. They really don't make it easy to find out what that WHAT is. Scott does. And that goes a long way toward showing people that Sonar is far, far from a toy or second-league DAW player. Good for Cake (more sales), good for us (more acceptance of our program of choice), and good for Scott (income to live off of).

In other words, the relationship between Cake, Scott and us is symbiotic, and I think the spirit of the TOS has not been violated. That's the pragmatist in me speaking.

3. That said, this COULD be seen as a brilliant marketing ploy. The guru (no irony intended -- he deserves the title) has left the building, for a pretty flimsy reason, but we can all go hang out at his house. Ingenious! And I have no doubt that his site and newsletter will have a subscription boom starting now. That's the discourse analyst in me speaking.

4. I don't care -- good for him. And in the mid- to long-term, good for us.

Cheers,
Scott

Come and visit the Sonar Wiki! And contribute your own experience and knowledge while you're there!
Sid Viscous
Max Output Level: -60 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1532
RE: Win a Free Tranzport Wireless DAW Control Surface - Awesome with Sonar! 2006/09/01 17:15:39 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: sms
The guru (no irony intended -- he deserves the title) has left the building, for a pretty flimsy reason, but we can all go hang out at his house.

Well, it seems the reason he left is because he was scolded for advertising, and I agree it is pretty whiney. You can go hang out at his house he might even answer a question there. Which he never bothers to do anywhere else. And, the people here are a far more valuable resource for Sonatr anyway. Here, you have the actual writers of the software and users with up to date hardware that will answer a question without directing you to another website so they can make a buck. It's time to give a shout out to those people instead of the spam king.
post edited by Sid Viscous - 2006/09/01 17:31:46
Stone House Studios
Max Output Level: -40 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3550
RE: Win a Free Tranzport Wireless DAW Control Surface - Awesome with Sonar! 2006/09/01 17:25:17 (permalink)
It's time to give a shout out to those people instead of the spam king.

There's really no need to resort to name-calling, Sid.

Core i7-6700@3.40Ghz  Windows 10x64 16 GB RAM
Sonar Platinum/Studio One     PreSonus Studio 192
UnderTow
Max Output Level: -37 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3848
RE: Win a Free Tranzport Wireless DAW Control Surface - Awesome with Sonar! 2006/09/01 17:26:59 (permalink)

It is time to let this thread die out I would say.

UnderTow
glazfolk
Max Output Level: -22.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5253
RE: Win a Free Tranzport Wireless DAW Control Surface - Awesome with Sonar! 2006/09/01 17:28:19 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Sid Viscous

Well, it seems the reason he left is because he was scolded for advertising, and I agree it is pretty whiney. You can go hang out at his house he might even answer a question there. Which he never bothers to do anywhere else.... It's time to give a shout out to those people instead of the spam king.

Sid,

I know that you don't like Scott, but please, I don't believe there is any need for personal attacks or for peddling untruths.

How about some of these extracts from Scott's recent posts? The first was in response to a question I asked. I've selected the others more or less at random.

Hi Geoff,

You can float the Lyrics view for each track and even better... you can dock them at the bottom of the Track view.

Scott

Just leave the File Info window open when you save your project. Close it down. Now open it again and the File info window will automatically open when you open the project. Cool, eh?

And if you want notes for every audio track, just use the Lyrics view. Select the track, open the Lyrics view, type your info. It gets saved with the project and each track has its own instance of the Lyrics view.

V-Vocal can be used in real-time, but it is not a plug-in. It is actually integrated into Sonar. What you need to do is right-click on an audio clip that you would like to process and choose V-Vocal > Create V-Vocal Clip from the menu. This adds real-time V-Vocal processing to the clip. In the V-Vocal window you can make changes and you will hear them in real-time during playback.

You don't have to keep all the SFZ windows open. Once you load up the soundfont and set the parameters, just close the window. You can always open it again later using the synth rack view, which provides a nice, neat list of all the synths you're using in a project.

and so on ...

Best,
Geoff
Page: < 1234 > Showing page 3 of 4
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1