Windows 7 Power Settings Tweak

Author
rockoman
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 307
2010/09/18 12:09:06 (permalink)

Windows 7 Power Settings Tweak

Ok, so I've read some of the Windows 7 DAW tweak guides and all of them say to change your power settings from "balanced" to "high". Well, I can't cause when I do, I can hear a whine when set on high :O Anyone else have/had this trouble?? Is it THAT big of a deal to have it on high?

It's not what we're doing, it's how you do it :)

2 Replies Related Threads

jm24
    Max Output Level: -54 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2127
    Re:Windows 7 Power Settings Tweak 2010/09/18 20:32:32 (permalink)
    Open the box and listen to which fan is changing speed. And get speedfan and other testing software and check temperatures and fan speeds

Prolly will be the cpu fan. Might need a bigger heatsink and fan. If not, get a reostat speed control, make it quieter while checking temps. Verify temp range at intel's site.

If not the CPU fan, then what? Video card fan, power supply fan, case fan???

Do some science and all will be revealed.

===================
    My equipment:
    A small room containing:
    chair (semi-confortable)
    steel and fiberboard table: generic putty colored keyboard, mouse, mixer, controllers
    Home-made wooden shelving: monitors, turntables, tape baker, mics, cassette deck, DVD deck, notes, pencils and pens
    Rack: top: 4-track tape deck, patch panels, computer, audio interface, clock, midi interface, noise gates, AC power conditioner, ethernet hub, and shelf for notes and stuff
    Drawers: manuals, disks, adaptors, meters, pedals, effects, mics, headphones, CDs, and other stuff
    Wall shelves: tapes, manuals, parts, boxes, cables
    Other: keyboards, guitars, purcussion things, amps, 2-track tape deck, and, other outboard stuff
    tarsier
    Max Output Level: -45 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3029
    Re:Windows 7 Power Settings Tweak 2010/09/20 11:41:02 (permalink)
    That kinda sounds like the classic Gigabyte UD motherboard whine issue. Try going into the Bios and disable the various C1 halt, and speedstep (EIST) features.

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1