Windows 8.1 drivers for V Studio 700

Author
FCCfirstclass
Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 969
2013/10/25 06:54:12 (permalink)

Windows 8.1 drivers for V Studio 700

The official drivers are up for 8.1

Win 10 Pro x64, 32Gb DDR3 ram, Sonar Platinum, Cubase 9.5, Mackie MCU Pro, Cakewalk VS 100, Roland Octa-Capture,  A 800 Pro, Carver M-1.5t amp & C4000 pre amp, various mics, drums and brass instruments.

And away we go!

5 Replies Related Threads

e.Blue
    Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 693
    Re: Windows 8.1 drivers for V Studio 700 2013/10/25 10:58:26 (permalink)
    Thanks.... I installed these this morning. It automatically uninstalled the previous (hacked) drivers and everything seems to have went smoothly. The previously-released VS700 I/O, Fantom and ARX editors are also working despite the  'under testing' status listed here.

-e

downSouthsidemusic - recording / mixing / mastering / production / custom sounds & loops
    Everett 'e.Blue' Garnett - Owner/Operator
    Full gear listing available here: Hardware / Software / See us on 
    reza
    Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 262
    Re: Windows 8.1 drivers for V Studio 700 2014/01/13 05:59:37 (permalink)
    e.Blue
    Thanks.... I installed these this morning. It automatically uninstalled the previous (hacked) drivers and everything seems to have went smoothly. The previously-released VS700 I/O, Fantom and ARX editors are also working despite the  'under testing' status listed here.

-e

have you had any problem with master fader?
    mine doesn't work properly. some times work and some times not after I load a project. keep staying in minimum.
    reza
    Re: Windows 8.1 drivers for V Studio 700 2014/01/20 18:09:05 (permalink)
    no one have the  same problem?

e.Blue
    Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 693
    Re: Windows 8.1 drivers for V Studio 700 2014/01/20 22:10:08 (permalink)
    REZA

mine doesn't work properly. some times work and some times not after I load a project. keep staying in minimum.

Funny that you should ask that question. My master fader does exactly what you just described. It works sporadically. When loading projects sometimes it doesn't move at all, sometimes it works perfectly fine.
    I'm actually kind of glad that you posted the question, because at least now I know that its not a hardware issue. On the other hand, I doubt that its something that will ever be fixed, since I'm fairly sure that development on the VS-series hardware is pretty much over.
    The truth is I never really under stood why it was even included on the console. I doubt that anyone actually uses a master fader for anything these days.  Most people (myself included) use monitor control systems to their main volume these days.

-e.B

downSouthsidemusic - recording / mixing / mastering / production / custom sounds & loops
    Everett 'e.Blue' Garnett - Owner/Operator
    Full gear listing available here: Hardware / Software / See us on 
    reza
    Re: Windows 8.1 drivers for V Studio 700 2014/01/21 15:26:05 (permalink)
    e.Blue
    REZA

Funny that you should ask that question. My master fader does exactly what you just described. It works sporadically. When loading projects sometimes it doesn't move at all, sometimes it works perfectly fine.
    I'm actually kind of glad that you posted the question, because at least now I know that its not a hardware issue. On the other hand, I doubt that its something that will ever be fixed, since I'm fairly sure that development on the VS-series hardware is pretty much over.
    The truth is I never really under stood why it was even included on the console. I doubt that anyone actually uses a master fader for anything these days.  Most people (myself included) use monitor control systems to their main volume these days.

-e.B

I know another v-studio 700 user in the other forum has the same problem. I am from Canada and emailed it to ROLAND US and they rejected me and asked me to contact roland canada which i did last week and no respond till now :(. 
    when I think to my self, I shouldn't buy the v-studio700, i shouldn't trust roland anymore after i had a big challenge with vmc7200 console several years ago. this time i said to my self i will trust them again because this time both company are behind each other but i think it was not right and roland pulled over again and left cakewalk alone when cake company is stepping up and improving their product. compare to the other companies which always support most of their products, roland abandons its old products like never ever released them. v-studio700 is not too much old to leave it alone without support, especially for sonar users it is the only and best option for fully compatible control surface. instead of working on the new add on product like add on faders to extend the console and make it bigger and more professional , they completely shout down the project :( they really let me down as a customer. It would be great if you can email them too and report the issue, maybe the do something.

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1