Windows Audio issue, HP laptop

Author
denverdrummer
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 278
2014/04/02 14:03:46 (permalink)

Windows Audio issue, HP laptop

I hope this is the right forum for this, this is not an issue with Sonar or my audio interface, but I believe it may be a Windows issue and/or an issue with beats audio interfering with my Focusrite drivers.  I've searched everywhere and can't find an answer to this issue.

Here's the scoop, My focusrite 18i20 works fine in Sonar X3 and for listening to general windows Audio.  However in the sound device window in control panel, if I go to the recording tab, I get no input signal from the focusrite if I set the focusrite line in as the default device and connect a microphone.  I also have a zoom r16 which I have the same problem.

The end result of this, is I have some programs that I use like Active Presenter for screen recording, where I cannot record voice-over audio using a mic connected to the focus rite, or I get the same thing trying to use Windows movie maker recording audio from the focusrite.

I'm pretty sure this is a Windows issue or possibly the beats audio system on my HP interfering. As I said, I don't have a problem within Sonar at all for this, and everything works great.  I guess I can try uninstalling the HP Audio system and see if it works then. Other than that I may have some corrupt .dll or something.  I'm trying to avoid backing up and reinstalling everything, but I think I'm heading toward that path.  I also don't want to do that and find out I still have a problem, so I'm hoping someone has had a similar issue.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Dell Inspiron 15, core i7, 16GB RAM, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Mackie MR5 Mark 1 speakers

1 Reply Related Threads

Matt.Focusrite
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 79
    Re: Windows Audio issue, HP laptop 2014/04/03 12:29:20 (permalink)
    Hi denverdrummer,

The best thing to do will be to contact Focusrite support via this link:

http://us.focusrite.com/answerbase/contact

Matt Pliskin  //  Focusrite Technical Support
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1