Wireless kybd & mouse ?

Author
mrmike
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 24
2005/05/31 11:29:10 (permalink)

Wireless kybd & mouse ?

Is there any type of interference (noise, etc.) that will conflict with digital recording when using a wireless kybd and mouse?

Thanks.

mike

7 Replies Related Threads

wogg
    Max Output Level: -57 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1819
    RE: Wireless kybd & mouse ? 2005/05/31 11:35:12 (permalink)
    Nope...

The world is full of RF already. Designers of sound cards and interfaces should understand that and design accordingly, because if they don't, there's thousands of interferance sources just waiting to cause problems... cordless phones, cellular, WiFi, radio, television, HAM radio, CB...

Homepage:
    The World of Wogg

vanceen
    Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 814
    RE: Wireless kybd & mouse ? 2005/05/31 12:57:16 (permalink)
    I've been using a wireless keyboard and mouse for over five years, in three different environments. I've never had any problems with interference.

The only drawback is that when the battery goes, the mouse or keyboard abruptly stops working. If you don't have a replacement handy, that can be frustrating. Other than that, they are great.
    Asseli
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 223
    RE: Wireless kybd & mouse ? 2005/06/01 19:25:22 (permalink)
    mrmike, I have a wireless mouse (with a track ball, which i can use with the thumb- it's more ergonomic for me, don't have to push the mouse on the table all the time and I can keep everywhere, near the instrument, for instance). It doesn't disturb the recording. Some people say, that it could be a problem for human's health, if everything is "on wire" and not linked by cables and I think they are not really on the wrong side. But anyhow, the development is going strong on that road:
    Look at this, it's called "TranzPort" and uses radiowaves: www.frontierdesign.com
    Wireless, why less, I guess, maybe no mess..........

http://www.tango-manzana.com/ video/song: Trip To Tokyo
    new release: "Tango Bajo" by Asseli and Grupo Virtual feat. Nicolás Ascone (electric bass&voice); mastered by CJay, Florida.. Now ready for download at itunes, amazon, musicload and others. Enjoy!
    Mully
    Max Output Level: -60 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1545
    RE: Wireless kybd & mouse ? 2005/06/02 06:40:48 (permalink)
    Hey Mike, I second (or third?) the vote on wireless option. It's great. Just get one that has a recharger in the receiver and you never get caught...well at least I haven't so far anyway...

Cheers!

ASUS H270, i7-7700, JLM BA & 1290, LA2A Opto4, loads of guff.
    Dave Modisette
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 11050
    RE: Wireless kybd & mouse ? 2005/06/02 10:33:12 (permalink)
    Worst thing I encountered with a wireless mouse & keyboard was the occasional line of sight problems where I would be in a null spot and they wouldn't work and always having to hunt them down. You be surprised how well they can blend in to the crap laying around.

Dave Modisette ... rocks a Purrrfect Audio Studio Pro rig.

http://www.gatortraks.com 
    My music.
    ... And of course, the Facebook page. 
    VariousArtist
    Max Output Level: -63 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1397
    RE: Wireless kybd & mouse ? 2005/06/03 11:48:11 (permalink)
    Worst thing I encountered with a wireless mouse & keyboard was the occasional line of sight problems where I would be in a null spot and they wouldn't work and always having to hunt them down. You be surprised how well they can blend in to the crap laying around.

They should make them "squeak" every time you login to Windows so that you can find the darn thing!

Anyway, I use the MS wireless mouse/keyboard package that comes with a built-in scroll wheel on the left-hand side of the keyboard. What I like about that is I can be scrolling the mouse with my left-hand while doing "mouse edits" with my right. Since the scroll-wheel also scrolls left-right as well as the usual up-down, it's really handy when I'm carving up a clip to be able to nudge the timeline along with my left-hand. I guess I'm just more productive when I can scroll with both hands ;-)
    Steve Mac
    Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 730
    RE: Wireless kybd & mouse ? 2005/06/04 20:10:47 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: vanceen

I've been using a wireless keyboard and mouse for over five years, in three different environments. I've never had any problems with interference.

The only drawback is that when the battery goes, the mouse or keyboard abruptly stops working. If you don't have a replacement handy, that can be frustrating. Other than that, they are great.

I, too, have been using wireless KB and mice for years, and have not had any problem. Plus, it takes a long time for the battery to wear down (good advice to have a spare battery handy, though. Once you try it, it's hard to go back to being on a leash. <G>

Steve McNamara ~~ SignatureTunes Studios~~SoundClick

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1