With SSO, link the fields of the Problem Reporter form to accounts

Author
mettelus
Max Output Level: -22 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5321
2015/03/20 00:26:19 (permalink)
4 (5)

With SSO, link the fields of the Problem Reporter form to accounts

The Problem Reporter form could be significantly streamlined to benefit users who are helping CW to reconcile issues within SONAR. Specifically:
  1. I am logged in with my SSO account, yet need to manually type my SN (which cannot be copied from the About->Help screen).
  2. If I select a product I have registered, my SN should autofill, and the version should at a minimum be a dropdown (with CCC fully "functional" this should autofill as well, with an option to say "No, that isn't it" for manual entry).
  3. The system information should be included in my account profile (fields would need to be added for this), so again fields can autofill rather than filling this out from scratch each time - and put the responsibility on users to update their profile with their system specs.
Again, this is for Problem Reports submitted while actively logged into the SSO. It makes no logical sense to not make it easier for customers to better the software platform.

ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC), i7-8700k, 16GB RAM, GTX-1070Ti, Win 10 Pro, Saffire PRO 24 DSP, A-300 PRO, plus numerous gadgets and gizmos that make or manipulate sound in some way.

1 Reply Related Threads

williamcopper
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1120
    Re: With SSO, link the fields of the Problem Reporter form to accounts 2015/03/22 10:37:56 (permalink)
    Great idea.   Makes me crazy to type stuff that is ALREADY known based on my account. 
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1