Work should be like Kindergarten

Author
UbiquitousBubba
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8912
2010/08/06 09:36:34 (permalink)

Work should be like Kindergarten

Think about it.  You get dropped off in the morning, and you hang out with your friends.  You play games, listen to stories, sing some songs, and get a snack.  There's also the Most Amazing Experience of All - Nap time.  You lay down (on a towel from I recall) and take a nap.  After a hard half-day of this, it's time to go home.  There's no homework, no overtime, no presentations to finish.  Time to play.

I've got my towel spread out on the conference room table and I'm ready for my nap.  Anyone interrupts me by saying things like, "What are you doing?" or "Get to work!" or "We're in the middle of a budget meeting!" or "Stop hogging the whole table!", I'll yell for the teacher.  That'll fix 'em.  Where's my blanky?

9 Replies Related Threads

Jonbouy
    • Total Posts : 22562
    Re:Work should be like Kindergarten 2010/08/06 09:52:22 (permalink)

Have you tried peeing your pants just to see if one of the nice supervisor ladies comes to clean you up and change you into a nice dry pair?

Thing is if you start out being a problem everyone will expect less of you and then they are extra pleased when you are a good boy, who knows, eventually you may get to take the tadpoles from the nature table home for the weekend.

I get incentives now just for staying clean for a whole week!

"We can't do anything to change the world until capitalism crumbles.
    In the meantime we should all go shopping to console ourselves" - Banksy
    bapu
    • Total Posts : 86000
    Re:Work should be like Kindergarten 2010/08/06 10:54:34 (permalink)
    Bubba,

Never, I say never, show your frustration with your juice box not functioning properly. Everyone will call you a sissy. Take it from one who knows.

Janet
    • Total Posts : 8094
    Re:Work should be like Kindergarten 2010/08/06 11:02:10 (permalink)
    I would definitely need a mattress these days though. 
    foxwolfen
    • Total Posts : 8256
    Re:Work should be like Kindergarten 2010/08/06 14:32:47 (permalink)
    Where I work, it is like kindergarten. Frickin pathetic it is. Anybody who says all men (and women) are created equal, just needs to come to my work to see that simply aint true. Some of the staff are outstanding, but most others... wow man. wow.

A scientist knows more & more about less & less till he knows everything about nothing, while a philosopher knows less & less about more & more till he knows nothing about everything.

Composers Forum
    Moshkiae
    Max Output Level: -14 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6111
    Re:Work should be like Kindergarten 2010/08/06 14:58:44 (permalink)
    Jonbouy

Have you tried peeing your pants just to see if one of the nice supervisor ladies comes to clean you up and change you into a nice dry pair?

Thing is if you start out being a problem everyone will expect less of you and then they are extra pleased when you are a good boy, who knows, eventually you may get to take the tadpoles from the nature table home for the weekend.

I get incentives now just for staying clean for a whole week!
    I always worry about these things. I do have an FMLA which I tend to not use as much as I should or could. In general, I don't even touch my vacation time and usually have enough sick time to cover the small amounts I can't make it.

I live with some nasty headaches from 3 right eye surgeries and usually I can make it fine through 6 to 7 hours of work and the last hour can be rough. The main issue is, I have to estimate 15 minutes before I am basically incapacitated so I can get home or I need a ride home!

Since the FMLA, there have been no issues, but if a supervisor has to be that mean to ask you to do your best ... I don't know how I would react, other than ask Human Resources.

Yeah, but Kindergarten style would be a lot nicer and I think a lot of us would enjoy working more. But then your work is only as much fun as you and your co-workers can make it and that is usually a reflection of what's on top!
    post edited by Moshkiae - 2010/08/06 14:59:56

As a wise Guy once stated from his holy chapala ... none of the hits, none of the time ... prevents you from becoming just another turkey in the middle of all the other turkeys! 

auto_da_fe
    Max Output Level: -56.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1866
    Re:Work should be like Kindergarten 2010/08/06 15:28:00 (permalink)
    I like to eat glue...

HP DV6T - 2670QM, 8 GB RAM,
    Sonar Platypus,  Octa Capture, BFD2 & Jamstix3, Komplete 10 and Komplete Kontrol
    Win 10 64 
    SLS PS8R Monitors and KRK Ergo
    https://soundcloud.com/airportface
    mumpcake
    Max Output Level: -59 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1609
    Re:Work should be like Kindergarten 2010/08/06 15:34:24 (permalink)
    If you like to sniff it you could qualify for management.
    UbiquitousBubba
    • Total Posts : 8912
    Re:Work should be like Kindergarten 2010/08/06 15:53:27 (permalink)
    As I understand it, there some additional qualifications for management.  These include: 
    ·         Frequent, Unprovoked Temper Tantrums
    ·         Inability to Follow the Plot of “Pat the Bunny”
    ·         Fanatical Obsession over their Post Count
    ·         Dependency on their Superior Social Class Identity
    ·         Preference for Reality TV
    Moshkiae
    Max Output Level: -14 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6111
    Re:Work should be like Kindergarten 2010/08/06 15:55:32 (permalink)
    UbiquitousBubba

As I understand it, there some additional qualifications for management.  These include: 
    ·         Frequent, Unprovoked Temper Tantrums
    ·         Inability to Follow the Plot of “Pat the Bunny”
    ·         Fanatical Obsession over their Post Count
    ·         Dependency on their Superior Social Class Identity
    ·         Preference for Reality TV

Damnnn ... no Sesame Street?

As a wise Guy once stated from his holy chapala ... none of the hits, none of the time ... prevents you from becoming just another turkey in the middle of all the other turkeys! 

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1