Would love to try MC3 but can't get it!!

Author
amillar
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6
2006/05/06 03:14:50 (permalink)

Would love to try MC3 but can't get it!!

Tried buying MC3 by download last weekend, got two e-mails, one confirming my order and one telling me how to install my software, but no software!!!

I can't get any e-mail response from customer service on the http://www.cakewalk.com/About/csr.asp , I live in the UK so don't want to spend as much again on the software phoning them, any ideas? As the money hasn't come off my credit card yet I'm about to phone up and try to block the transaction unless I can get a response out of Cakewalk or some software.

5 Replies Related Threads

Beagle
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 50621
    RE: Would love to try MC3 but can't get it!! 2006/05/06 08:42:00 (permalink)
    If you've followed their directions for download and it didn't work I think you'll have to talk to CS in order to get your software.

You didn't say anything about what happened when you tried downloading. Maybe pop-up blockers are on causing problems? Maybe the browser you are using won't work with their download server?

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    amillar
    RE: Would love to try MC3 but can't get it!! 2006/05/06 16:08:49 (permalink)
    How do I download?? All I got was a message saying:

"Thank you for your recent purchase of a downloadable product from the Cakewalk store. This message includes important information about downloading and installing your product. Please take a moment to read this entire message closely, and be sure to keep a copy for future reference.

"By default, the installation program for the Music Creator 3 download for new customers was saved to your system as a file named MC3Setup.exe Please make note of the location where you saved this file so you can install the program."

(Followed by installation information.)

No attached files, no links to download paths.

I would LOVE to talk to them, but as I say a transatlantic call to sort out a $29 piece of software is crazy, and if they won't answer their e-mails then I'm stuck.

Oh well...perhaps I'll give up, stop the credit card and stick to my (slightly bizarre) Yamaha XGWorks.

Beagle
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 50621
    RE: Would love to try MC3 but can't get it!! 2006/05/07 08:41:52 (permalink)
    I feel your pain, but if the instructions were omitted, then I don't have any other advice for you except call or email them.

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    KungKrille
    • Total Posts : 16
    RE: Would love to try MC3 but can't get it!! 2006/05/07 17:06:00 (permalink)
    I just ordered it but was a bit nervous because I read your post before I did it. Luckily it works for me and I´m downloading the software as I´m writing this post. Right after you have filled in your name and address and choosed the payment method you get a window with your customer number and a confirmation of what you have ordered. You have the download link at the bottom of the screen. The mail I got just contained serial and registration numbers - no download link. Maybe you missed it
    post edited by KungKrille - 2006/05/07 17:14:48
    amillar
    RE: Would love to try MC3 but can't get it!! 2006/05/08 03:26:32 (permalink)
    Yes, FINALLY got a reply from Cakewalk last night, that was what had happened. Sorted now.

I though it was probably something silly that I had missed (rather than a problem at Cakewalk's end) - but what was SOOOOO frustrating was not being able to sort it simply. Phew.

Thanks all for your replies!
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1