Would you considered this a "rude" rejection letter ?

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
Mooch4056
Max Output Level: -0.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7494
2010/07/01 22:23:07 (permalink)

Would you considered this a "rude" rejection letter ?

I applied to this school last week. Its a new mayor Daley "Pet Project" - I was told during this interview that union rules wouldn't be followed because of this "pet project"  and am I ok with that ?....... I said ok fine. - But I was thinking  Our Mayor is Corrupt and doesn't follow union rules or contracts anyway - why would this be different (shrugs)

Anyway - I didn't think I stood a chance at this particular school because its a BRAND new school ..... and I am a veteran teacher and Chicago has been laying us off and hiring newbies for cheap. But what the heck - I applied and they interviewed me.

Now this has nothing to do with the school that has offered me a position - I am still taking that -

Just that --- well I thought this was a very rude rejection letter -

I am ok and wouldn't be surprised with - - sorry - your not the right candidate -  Thank you for your time - Good luck  -  or something

But this!!

Am I off base thinking that this is just arrogant and rude?

On top of that the person interviewing me was all "wow -- impressed...wow ...blach blah blah blah"  not that it matters - I still would have been ok with a "polite" rejection letter

maybe it's just me -  - is it me?

I dunno man

the world has gone insane

here is the letter below copy and pasted - I highlighted the "rude part" in red

Date:  July 1, 2010 
To:  Paul Anthony
RE:  Result of 1st Round Interview

Thank you for interviewing at the Marshall Middle School Office on July 1, 2010.

During your interview, my assistant principal enjoyed hearing about your teaching experiences and reviewing your portfolio. 

While your qualifications and skills are commendable, at this time, it is incompatible with the stellar learning community and exemplary school culture envisioned for Lorca Elementary School. 

I wish you much success in your future endeavors
post edited by Mooch4056 - 2010/07/01 22:35:28

From Now On Call Me Conquistador! 

Donate to the cure Bapu Foundation
Email: mooch4056@gmail.com for more info

34 Replies Related Threads

Russell.Whaley
    Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2755
    Re:Would you considered a "rude" rejection letter ? 2010/07/01 22:33:52 (permalink)
    Geez... talk about a knee in the huevos... to say this is rude is an understatement. Talk about not only stabbing but twisting the knife.    We're on a family-friendly forum, so I won't say what I'm thinking.  

This is almost worth going back to them and asking them, "so which is it: commendable? or incompatible?"  But, I know you need to be able to work, so don't do anything rash... we'll send Mr. Bapu in to deal with the problem elements... 

marcos69
    Max Output Level: -26 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4950
    Re:Would you considered a "rude" rejection letter ? 2010/07/01 22:49:16 (permalink)
    She meant you were over qualified.

Mark Wessels

At CD Baby

At Soundclick
    julibee
    Max Output Level: -47 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2826
    Re:Would you considered a "rude" rejection letter ? 2010/07/01 22:49:26 (permalink)
    Yeah.  Rude.  Totally.

She who must be obeyed. ***New and Improved with a Scarlett 8i6!***
    Soundcloud     www.juliannamcduffie.com
    Jonbouy
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 22562
    Re:Would you considered a "rude" rejection letter ? 2010/07/01 23:00:35 (permalink)
    Rude? It's downright outrageous and demeaning. Here's my reply and you have my permission to post it firmly in Mrs Principals inbox.

Date:
      July 1, 2010

To:  Mrs. Polite Principal

Dear Mrs. Principal

Whilst I am pleased to have offered your assistant principal and yourself some entertainment in the form of my presence along with my portfolio at the School Office on July 1, 2010.  I do however have some objection to your judgement as to whether, at this time, I could be considered as a compatible candidate within your envisioned school culture.

Firstly I must point out that my experience has been
    proven as exemplary within all of my previous appointments, but understandably I was looking for a post within a learning community stationed on this earth and was unaware that your requirement for the School was for a candidate for a community resident upon some ethereal heavenly body.

Should your requirements lower into a more approachable orbit at some time in the near future perhaps by mutual arrangement I could make myself available for further discussion.

Meanwhile, all the best in getting your new venture off the ground.

Sincerely

Paul

A World Renowned Kind of Big Deal.

edited: to remove actual place name references.
    post edited by Jonbouy - 2010/07/02 13:22:36

"We can't do anything to change the world until capitalism crumbles.
    In the meantime we should all go shopping to console ourselves" - Banksy
    Mooch4056
    Re:Would you considered a "rude" rejection letter ? 2010/07/01 23:06:45 (permalink)

HAHAH Jonbouy - I just might reply with that...being that I was offered a job at a private school and have other plans with my music studio - I just dang might well reply with that to her email -

I have to think it through for a sec though

thats funny

Jonbouy
    Re:Would you considered a "rude" rejection letter ? 2010/07/01 23:09:30 (permalink)
    Go ahead, if they are looking for somebody with spunk it just may clinch the deal.

Nothing to lose here.

Jonbouy
    Re:Would you considered a "rude" rejection letter ? 2010/07/01 23:21:27 (permalink)

While your qualifications and skills are commendable, at this time, it is incompatible........

btw this is a grammatical error more akin to a 12 year old

WRT qualifications and skills, 'they are' incompatible would be correct, the 'it is' used there, is nonsense.

Some stellar learning environment that are is likely to be!
    post edited by Jonbouy - 2010/07/01 23:23:28

NoKey
    Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 974
    Re:Would you considered a "rude" rejection letter ? 2010/07/02 00:08:37 (permalink)
    I think it's best to leave them alone in their vanity.

Nothing to gain, and maybe they know others that you might be intrested in.

Keep in mind that situations change, and so do people from place to place, and minds also change.
    Crg
    • Total Posts : 7719
    Re:Would you considered this a "rude" rejection letter ? 2010/07/02 00:19:26 (permalink)
    Mooch4056

I applied to this school last week. Its a new mayor Daley "Pet Project" - I was told during this interview that union rules wouldn't be followed because of this "pet project"  and am I ok with that ?....... I said ok fine. - But I was thinking  Our Mayor is Corrupt and doesn't follow union rules or contracts anyway - why would this be different (shrugs)

Anyway - I didn't think I stood a chance at this particular school because its a BRAND new school ..... and I am a veteran teacher and Chicago has been laying us off and hiring newbies for cheap. But what the heck - I applied and they interviewed me.

Now this has nothing to do with the school that has offered me a position - I am still taking that -

Just that --- well I thought this was a very rude rejection letter -

I am ok and wouldn't be surprised with - - sorry - your not the right candidate -  Thank you for your time - Good luck  -  or something

But this!!

Am I off base thinking that this is just arrogant and rude?

On top of that the person interviewing me was all "wow -- impressed...wow ...blach blah blah blah"  not that it matters - I still would have been ok with a "polite" rejection letter

maybe it's just me -  - is it me?

I dunno man

the world has gone insane

here is the letter below copy and pasted - I highlighted the "rude part" in red

Date:  July 1, 2010 

Thank you for interviewing at the Marshall Middle School Office on July 1, 2010.

During your interview, my assistant principal enjoyed hearing about your teaching experiences and reviewing your portfolio. 

While your qualifications and skills are commendable, at this time, it is incompatible with the stellar learning community and exemplary school culture envisioned for Lorca Elementary School. 

Certainly rude if your a member of the teachers union. Mooch, It's all about the dollar and attempts by people who don't have an answer to meet a budget that they are stuck with.

Craig DuBuc
    guitardog247
    Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1226
    Re:Would you considered this a "rude" rejection letter ? 2010/07/02 00:28:30 (permalink)
    I've always thought everyone was rude in Chicago.......

But Mooch, what you have here is someone not exactely adept at writing letters. They probably didn't mean their letter to come off as so asinine??

But yeah, you gotta wonder, and want to get into the "incompatibility" thing. But I guess you let it go.....

Sonar, Les Paul Studio, FTU, puter, plugs.........
    Mooch4056
    Re:Would you considered a "rude" rejection letter ? 2010/07/02 00:29:28 (permalink)
    NoKey

I think it's best to leave them alone in their vanity.

Nothing to gain, and maybe they know others that you might be intrested in.

Keep in mind that situations change, and so do people from place to place, and minds also change.

well - I wrote CPS off on June 16th - my last day teaching with them I wrote them off for lots of reasons - and the audacity of the board of Ed was one of them   - I went on the interview figure - ehhh - maybe this new school they are opening up will be different -

I guess I was wrong

I did send what Jon wrote back

BUT - the assistant principal who interviewed me was very polite and the memo came from her email  -

so I thanked her for the interview and her professionalism during .... which it was truly a polite interview from her ---   and suggested that  whomever wrote the memo - because it says its from the principal - - whom  i never even met  -  re word it for candidates who are rejected because it sounded kind of rude - - and then left the Jon response in the attachment (shrugs)

I've been with CPS since 2002 - and Ive been miserable since 2007  - I know where you are coming from - but trust me - I have nothing to lose and I am moving on

besides - i don't think i can "unsend" at this point anyway

and its worth a chuckle
    post edited by Mooch4056 - 2010/07/02 00:30:48

NoKey
    • Total Posts : 974
    Re:Would you considered a "rude" rejection letter ? 2010/07/02 01:01:33 (permalink)
    I see your points, Mooch.

And as I read about the situation, I do agree it is a bad letter from them.

In fact, isn't it that job positions state the qualifications. Now if you met the qualifications, and they hire someone else even with less qualifications, then it'd be beyond being rude, but maybe even breaking the law.

I think the attitude and good efforts helps the most on these things. It might even be the case that the person that wrote the bad letter is afraid of  losing his/her job to you or others,  better than him/her.

It's unbelievable when THOSE are the "high" standard.

Jonbouy
    Re:Would you considered a "rude" rejection letter ? 2010/07/02 01:15:39 (permalink)
    There is no excuse for a rejection letter like that, people trying to better themselves but are unsuccessful should be respected nonetheless.  Paul although unsuccessful in gaining a position here has been welcomed elsewhere and it is hard enough hauling yourself into an upright position these days without this kind of smart Alec chiselling away at ones self-esteem.

That behaviour is not needed anywhere and if she was in my employ she'd have been severely reprimanded if indeed she ever got past my selection process and gained a position in any venture I was involved with.

Whoever wrote that rejection letter, bad grammar and all, deserves no less than getting back what she has the brass neck to put out.

Pussy footing around a person like that as an expedient so that she doesn't affect your chances elsewhere creates the exact environment where that kind of arrogance can reign.

Besides my reply was worded in such a way that only her original comments could have been deemed as offensive and just sometimes that kind of comeback can spark an interest in a candidate for some evident character that may have been overlooked at the interview.

I never take a rejection as a no, rather it's another chance to engage to put a case forward for yourself.  I've often been invited in to take tea after having a door slammed in my face initially, just by making sure I stood up to be counted and I am not compliantly being shovelled off into the meek pile.

post edited by Jonbouy - 2010/07/02 01:39:35

foxwolfen
    • Total Posts : 8256
    Re:Would you considered a "rude" rejection letter ? 2010/07/02 05:27:15 (permalink)
    Rude, indeed.

However, I would strongly recommend that you delete this posts contents, and ask all who helpfully quoted to do the same, and never talk about a potential employer on-line again.

It could really come back to haunt you.

Cheers
    Shad

A scientist knows more & more about less & less till he knows everything about nothing, while a philosopher knows less & less about more & more till he knows nothing about everything.

Composers Forum
    ericyeoman
    • Total Posts : 976
    Re:Would you considered this a "rude" rejection letter ? 2010/07/02 06:02:59 (permalink)
    While your qualifications and skills are commendable, at this time, it is incompatible

Shouldn't that be they are incompatible?

Just a thought...perhaps you should point out to them that they have a long way to go
    to reach these dizzy heights of academic achievement to which they aspire.

CuBase, Ableton, Steinberg UR-22 MKII, i7-4790K 4.00 Ghz, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RAM, Windows 10. 
    SongCraft
    Max Output Level: -36 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3902
    Re:Would you considered this a "rude" rejection letter ? 2010/07/02 06:24:05 (permalink)
    Agree! Rude rejection letter with bad grammar.

Look on the positive side, lucky you didn't get the job or else you be working unpaid overtime correcting their mistakes!

mgh
    • Total Posts : 8594
    Re:Would you considered this a "rude" rejection letter ? 2010/07/02 06:38:23 (permalink)

Thank you for interviewing at the Grzylyrg Middle School Office on July 1, 2010.

During your interview, my assistant principal enjoyed hearing about your playing experiences and reviewing your portfolio. 

While your qualifications and skills are commendable, at this time, it is incompatible with the stellar musical skills and exemplary technical ability envisioned for The Coffe House Band. 

Bapu
    cc The CHB
    Asparapuss

Memorare debut album 'Philistine' available now http://blackwoodproductio...philistine-digipack-cd
    Jonbouy
    Re:Would you considered a "rude" rejection letter ? 2010/07/02 06:44:43 (permalink)
    foxwolfen

Rude, indeed.

However, I would strongly recommend that you delete this posts contents, and ask all who helpfully quoted to do the same, and never talk about a potential employer on-line again.

It could really come back to haunt you.

Cheers
    Shad

I'm banking on Mooch having used fictional names here as historically he tends to be careful and discreet in these kind of threads.

Given the word though and my posts are gone.
    post edited by Jonbouy - 2010/07/02 07:00:24

Garry Stubbs
    Max Output Level: -49 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2619
    Re:Would you considered a "rude" rejection letter ? 2010/07/02 07:37:26 (permalink)
    Jonbouy

There is no excuse for a rejection letter like that, people trying to better themselves but are unsuccessful should be respected nonetheless.  Paul although unsuccessful in gaining a position here has been welcomed elsewhere and it is hard enough hauling yourself into an upright position these days without this kind of smart Alec chiselling away at ones self-esteem.

That behaviour is not needed anywhere and if she was in my employ she'd have been severely reprimanded if indeed she ever got past my selection process and gained a position in any venture I was involved with.

Whoever wrote that rejection letter, bad grammar and all, deserves no less than getting back what she has the brass neck to put out.

Pussy footing around a person like that as an expedient so that she doesn't affect your chances elsewhere creates the exact environment where that kind of arrogance can reign.

Besides my reply was worded in such a way that only her original comments could have been deemed as offensive and just sometimes that kind of comeback can spark an interest in a candidate for some evident character that may have been overlooked at the interview.

I never take a rejection as a no, rather it's another chance to engage to put a case forward for yourself.  I've often been invited in to take tea after having a door slammed in my face initially, just by making sure I stood up to be counted and I am not compliantly being shovelled off into the meek pile.

Great responses from you Jonbouy. I have been out of work through no fault of my own now for 2 years, and whilst on some interviews I have been treated with respect whilst ultimately unsuccessful, I have also been treated like Mooch has been this week. Certain people in jobs tend to forget or have no empathy with those trying to get back on the bandwagon, and indulge in a form of bullying which most certainly could erode ones self esteem if you let it.

I had an interview with one guy a few months ago, around 10-12 years younger than me, look at my CV and try to tell me that my past achievements (considerably more than his no doubt) were worthless. At this point I knew I had wasted my time but battled on, trying to impart the pretty obvious logic that previous success is the best way to demonstrate how new challenges are likely to be met in the future. This idiot then proceeded to compare me to a current football (soccer) striker who used to score lots of goals but now his strike rate is down. I immediately told him that he was effectively telling me that I was too old for the job and that was illegal. Well,I've never seen anyone go through the gears in reverse so quickly, then go on to deny he ever said it. I terminated the interview and said I would decide how I was going to handle this with the recruitment consultants and the authorities. I let him sweat on it for a few days before emailing him to tell him I was going to leave the matter "on my file"

Yes Paul,you did the right thing by going back to them.

post edited by The Kiosk Project - 2010/07/02 07:48:27

https://soundcloud.com/garry-kiosk
    Sonar Platinum 64-bit: Q6600 8Gb Win7 64-bit: KRK Monitors: ART MPA PRO VLA ii preamp: 3 x 500Gb internal SATA disks: Superior Drummer2: GPO4: Realstrat: Saxlab: Rapture: Dimension Pro: Ozone 4: Edirol SPS-660: PCR-500 MIDI controller: Korg PadKontrol: Fender / Gibson / Yamaha / Ibanez guitars:Guitar Rig 5: Dual 22" Monitors: Mapex Drums, Sabian AAX cymbals: Alesis DM5 Pro Kit: SE Electronics and Shure Mics: Mathmos Lava Lamp (40W)
    File077
    Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 429
    Re:Would you considered a "rude" rejection letter ? 2010/07/02 08:47:52 (permalink)
    Jonbouy

Rude? It's downright outrageous and demeaning. Here's my reply and you have my permission to post it firmly in Mrs Principals inbox.

Date:
      July 1, 2010

To:  Mrs. Polite Principal

Dear Mrs. Principal

Whilst I am pleased to have offered your assistant principal and yourself some entertainment in the form of my presence along with my portfolio at the Marshall Middle School Office on July 1, 2010.  I do however have some objection to your judgement as to whether, at this time, I could be considered as a compatible candidate within your envisioned school culture.

Firstly I must point out that my experience has been
    proven as exemplary within all of my previous appointments, but understandably I was looking for a post within a learning community stationed on this earth and was unaware that your requirement for the Lorca Elementary School was for a candidate for a community resident upon some ethereal heavenly body.

Should your requirements lower into a more approachable orbit at some time in the near future perhaps by mutual arrangement I could make myself available for further discussion.

Sincerely

Paul

A World Renowned Kind of Big Deal.

Dude, that reply was freakin hillarious.  The only thing I would change is the :

I would change that line to:

Meanwhile, all the best in anchoring yourselves to reality.

KenB123
    Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1229
    Re:Would you considered this a "rude" rejection letter ? 2010/07/02 09:42:16 (permalink)
    Heck, I am surprised you even got a rejection reply. My last job hunt (about 6-7 years) ago felt like a vast blackhole of uselessness. Responses were so rare.

But the wording on their response is poor. It read like you have very good qualifications, but not quite up to the snobby requirements that are expected of this school. 

Sheesh, another Chicago project. Like this is really going to work. Why not just cleanup the schools they have already.

Broken pencils are pointless.

WIN-7 64-bit; Sonar X2A 64-bit; 12GB RAM; ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 MB; Intel Core i7-960; 300GB-OS (10000-RPM); 1TB-Projects (7200-RPM); 1TB-Samples (7200-RPM) 

marcos69
    Max Output Level: -26 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4950
    Re:Would you considered this a "rude" rejection letter ? 2010/07/02 09:53:31 (permalink)
    You should have corrected the grammatical errors in the email and sent it back with a grade.

Mark Wessels

At CD Baby

At Soundclick
    Beagle
    • Total Posts : 50621
    Re:Would you considered this a "rude" rejection letter ? 2010/07/02 09:53:36 (permalink)
    I'm going to go against the majority here a little bit.  the way I read the letter is that the letter was not meant to be intentionally rude.  it was likely a form letter where the first paragraph was entered by the secretary sending out the letter, but the 2nd paragraph, while worded inappropriately, only meant to say two things that are not necessarily aligned with one another.

one thing:  your skills are commendable, but incompatible with their current needs.

2nd thing:  they're trying to brag on their program, but it's a separate entry from your incompatibility with their needs.

and when they tried to brag on their program they indirectly offended you in the process but the way the letter is worded it looks like a direct offense to you.

the letter is worded very poorly, but I don't think it was worded to intentionally offend you.  they need to not worry so much about bragging about their "exemplary school culture" (basically those are just school buzz words) and worry more about just letting you know that you do not meet their current needs regardless of how "exemplary" they think they might be.

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    File077
    Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 429
    Re:Would you considered this a "rude" rejection letter ? 2010/07/02 10:15:09 (permalink)
    marcos69

You should have corrected the grammatical errors in the email and sent it back with a grade.

BEST IDEA YET!

Tap
    Max Output Level: -30 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4536
    Re:Would you considered this a "rude" rejection letter ? 2010/07/02 10:26:51 (permalink)
    I have to agree with Reece. The rejection reads a little awkward, but it clearly wasn't intended to be rude. Try sending back a rejection letter stating clearly that you are rejecting their rejection letter.

MC4 - M-Audio FW410 / Behringer UCA202 - Fender Strat / Jazzmaster / DuoSonic / Washburn / Peavy Foundation M-Audio Radium 49 Roland Juno 106 / JazzChorus / Seymore Duncan Convertible - HP A1230N ( AMD Athalon 3800+ 2G Ram + 200G HD )

http://soundclick.com/cut2thechaise

quantumeffect
    Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2771
    Re:Would you considered this a "rude" rejection letter ? 2010/07/02 10:43:47 (permalink)
    Yes, the letter was rude!  I suspect that whoever composed the letter just mindlessly cut and pasted from their mission statement (it sounds like an excerpt from a mission statement that you pay a consultant to write for you).

Me thinks that foxwolfen’s suggestion is very good advice.  It is pretty much standard practice in today’s corporate world to complete a background check that includes internet activity.   I don’t know the public school system’s policy on background searches, … but if the school doesn’t do it, rest assured that the students or parents will.

Wrt a reply letter, consider very carefully the long term.   And please pardon this string of clichés, burning a bridge can be very gratifying (I’ve done it before) but it can also come back and bite you in the a$$ in a big, and sometimes unexpected, way.

Maybe you should bring Dora on all of your interviews; she can leave immediate “feedback” right there in the office for you.
    post edited by quantumeffect - 2010/07/02 10:45:08

Dave

8.5 PE 64, i7 Studio Cat, Delta 1010, GMS and Ludwig Drums, Paiste Cymbals

"Everyone knows rock n' roll attained perfection in 1974. It's a scientific fact." H. Simpson

"His chops are too righteous."  Plankton during Sponge Bob's guitar solo 
    ericyeoman
    • Total Posts : 976
    Re:Would you considered this a "rude" rejection letter ? 2010/07/02 10:45:09 (permalink)

I have done that to letters I've received from local council and other Government departments.
    They really don't like it!

The record was 18 mistakes in a single-sided letter from the Department of Work and Pensions.
    Truly appalling standards.

CuBase, Ableton, Steinberg UR-22 MKII, i7-4790K 4.00 Ghz, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RAM, Windows 10. 
    Beagle
    • Total Posts : 50621
    Re:Would you considered this a "rude" rejection letter ? 2010/07/02 10:52:52 (permalink)
    FWIW I also agree with NoKey and Shad here.  burning bridges will sometimes bite you in the a...butt later on and sometimes in ways you would never imagine.  I would not have responded to their letter at all unless you feel really compelled to point out to them that they may be inadvertently offending people with the way they worded their letter.  but I'd do it in a very nice and non-threatening way.

I'd also be wary of leaving details on the internet attached to your name.  "x" out the school name at least.

although I am guilty of company bashing from time to time myself.

like tascam. 

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    Mooch4056
    Re:Would you considered a "rude" rejection letter ? 2010/07/02 12:14:22 (permalink)
    and never talk about a potential employer on-line again. It could really come back to haunt you.

Shad - it's worse - not only were they my potential employer - They are and have been my Present employer - I've worked for the board since 2002 - and I just recieved my last pay check from them today

up until last year I made good money -

they clearly want the "veteran" teachers gone and they are hiring newbies for cheap -- that's been the game they have been playing for 2 years now - and I've given up - wasn't even planning on going on the interview - But I did figuring - maybe things will be different  at this NEW place they are building and trying different things - there is a lot of this story and teachers in the media and we get bashed a lot here in Chicago

your right

it could come back to haunt me

I hope it doesn't

my goal is to be happy making less money but contribute more to the community I live in

and I am on my way to doing that with the part time job at a private school I landed- another part time time at a different school I just interviewed at today - and through private lessons and my own studio - daw workshops - teen rock band classes, theory lessons - and taking performances that come out of my studio and the private schools to community events - kinda like being the "community music education guy"

because - I've had enough with doing it "the mans" way - I am going to try to do it through how God works through me - and no I am not turning this into a religious thread -

just saying that's my goal

again  - I agree with you -

I hope a thread like this won't haunt me and I probably wont ever post something like this again

but I've had it -- "it" being enough

I've been trough hell and back the past two years and kept my sense of humor -

I know you've had a rough year as well as you posted  on some threads

hey - maybe the two of us are moving on to something bigger

I hope so anyway

The friends I've made in the coffee house are awesome that we can talk like this  - musicians - artist - visual and performanced based.... are just awesome people I think

and more suitable to the world than being a data spiting drone that Corporate America wants us to be -

This is just my way of saying - no I wont be "That Corporate American Robotic  Drone" .. I have thoughts and feelings and I am human .....which in my opinion is why "the arts" are  misunderstood and viewed as entertainment in the education system of the stellar exemplary drone they want us to be - we have heart - they don't know what that is

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1