Would you use Dimenion LE if you already have Pro?

Author
syntheticpop
Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 688
2009/07/02 15:26:16 (permalink)

Would you use Dimenion LE if you already have Pro?

If you already have Dimension Pro would you still want to use Dimension LE?

Does anyone here use Sonar 8 Producer with Dimension Pro? Does it have Garritan Pocket Orchestra or was that left out?

Are the wavetables in LE different than the ones in Pro?

Can Dimension LE be installed right after installing Sonar 8 then the Pro version installed.

5 Replies Related Threads

scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    RE: Would you use Dimenion LE if you already have Pro? 2009/07/02 16:47:58 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: syntheticpop

No, it might be a little lighhter on CPU but code base has not been updated along with DimPro.

Does anyone here use Sonar 8 Producer with Dimension Pro? Does it have Garritan Pocket Orchestra or was that left out?

Can't help you there, I do use SONAR 8 but I did not install the DimPro that came with it. I am using the one that I had before CW bundled it with SONAR. If you installed all the content of all 4 DVD's that came with SONAR 8 PE and do not see the Garritan Pocket Orchestra in the DP browser well...it sounds like that it may not be included. Hopefully someone that installed DP from S8PE will weigh in.

No, just fewer of them.

Can Dimension LE be installed right after installing Sonar 8 then the Pro version installed.

Yes, it is treated as a completely different synth.
    rstollen
    Max Output Level: -59.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1561
    RE: Would you use Dimenion LE if you already have Pro? 2009/07/02 17:12:41 (permalink)

I can't think of a good reason to install Dimension LE after Dimension Pro. I understand keeping Dim Pro around if it's been used before Dim Pro, but that doesn't sound like the case here.

The Garritan Pocket Orchestra is included in the Dim Pro that comes with Sonar 8.

8.5.1 PE, i7 920, GA-EX58-UD4P, 6gb Corsair DDR3, 2 x Barracuda 500gb, HIS Radeon GS-4670 Fanless 1gb DDR3, XP Pro SP3, dual 24" monitors, Axiom 61, Korg Triton Pro, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, VG-99, Yamaha MSP5, Fostex PM0.5
    syntheticpop
    Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 688
    RE: Would you use Dimenion LE if you already have Pro? 2009/07/02 20:46:51 (permalink)
    The reason why I wanted to install Dimension LE was for the Garriton Pocket Orchestra and someone from another post mentioned that Dimension LE has free device chains that you can use with Project5. So I assume they don't work with the Pro version. But it sounds like the Pro version will have everything that LE already has. Thanks for the clarification.

So my next question leads me to Rapture LE that's bundled with Sonar 8. If I already have the full version of Rapture, would I want Sonar to not install Rapture LE during the installation?
    rstollen
    Max Output Level: -59.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1561
    RE: Would you use Dimenion LE if you already have Pro? 2009/07/02 21:12:15 (permalink)
    When I just setup my new DAW, I didn't install Rapture LE since I was already installing the full version. You won't be missing anything. Fortunately, I kept notes about witch patches required tuning. Don't forget the free Expansion Packs available on the Cakewalk site.

8.5.1 PE, i7 920, GA-EX58-UD4P, 6gb Corsair DDR3, 2 x Barracuda 500gb, HIS Radeon GS-4670 Fanless 1gb DDR3, XP Pro SP3, dual 24" monitors, Axiom 61, Korg Triton Pro, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, VG-99, Yamaha MSP5, Fostex PM0.5
    scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    RE: Would you use Dimenion LE if you already have Pro? 2009/07/02 21:41:16 (permalink)

someone from another post mentioned that Dimension LE has free device chains that you can use with Project5. So I assume they don't work with the Pro version.

So my next question leads me to Rapture LE that's bundled with Sonar 8. If I already have the full version of Rapture, would I want Sonar to not install Rapture LE during the installation?

If you want to use the device chains defined in P5 you will need to install DimLE. (nb that was not mentioned in your original post). You can save some diskspace by installing DimLE, then delete the multisample ddirectory and point the registry entry
    "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\Dimension LE\Multisamples Folder" to the data in "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\Dimension Pro\Multisamples Folder"

Another reason to have both the full and LE versions of CW synths installed would be to handle projects created by others that use the LE versions.

It really depends on what you intend to do. I have no use for the LE versions but your needs may be different.
    post edited by scook - 2009/07/02 21:53:48
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1