X1 is great?

Author
windsurfer25x
Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1120
2011/01/01 23:03:21 (permalink)

X1 is great?

Hi all,

I tend to browse the forums fairly regularly and post occasionally, based on what I perceive to be the forum "norm" for what kind of DAW usage would constitute a power user, I would not say I am there yet but I aspire to be. 

So far for most of what I've done with X1 so far, I haven't had any problems, everything is runs great, and the new layout makes sense and I know I still have a lot to learn, especially when it comes to short-cuts and keybindings. It would seem that this is not the case with everyone and that some of those people are probably stubborn and set in their ways and others legitimately have problems but these things I would assume are obvious to most reasonable/perceptive people. 

After encountering a few issues, such as audiosnap and snap to grid, as well as a few other annoyances, I've come to conclude that I could probably convince myself either way... that Sonar is great, or that Sonar is not great. 

Seeing as how I've used Sonar in a hybridized fashion for both audio and MIDI, and I tend to use a lot of 3rd party plugins as well.. it seems that for the ITB production things are more or less usable for my purposes. My project studio sees a variety of work for both businesses and bands, and I try and target both. So far I've had mostly solo artists and businesses, but I think if I started getting a few bands, my frustrations might start mounting. Audiosnap broken is obviously a big problem, and I'm kind of falling asleep as I type this as it's late where I am and I can't quite remember what else I was going to say so I should probably stop. 

I guess in the end, as I previously said, X1 overall seems to be working great so far (keywords - "for me"), I'm sure Cakewalk will fix many of the major issues.. 

Personally I would like to see the multi dock work with some of the 32bit Vst's/vsti's, audiosnap to get fix, I haven't looked at quantizing much yet, but it seems either not to be working or I haven't figured it out yet.. anyways... I would like to see these things get fixed, as well as some minor cosmetic issues. And personally I would also like to see some audio post features added and notation... and I would also like to see everyone's feature requests addressed and bugs fixed in general, as much as humanly possible so everyone can be more or less happy with Cakewalk and then Cakewalk be happy with their product we buy it and everybody wins... maybe that's too idealistic but I think it would be nice. 

Anyways I'm going to bed, 
Happy New Year all,

Aaron

Sonar X1 Expanded PE 64 bit
Intel i7 2600k oc'd, 16Gb DDR3 RAM, intel 320 SSD OS drive, 7200RPM HDDx2, Windows 7 Pro 64 bit VS 100, Tascam US-2000, UAD2 - Izotope, Fabfilter, NI Komplete 7/Kore2 & +, Spectrasonics+

http://www.maskensmobilestudio.com

1 Reply Related Threads

windsurfer25x
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1120
    Re:X1 is great? 2011/01/01 23:29:19 (permalink)
    Well I probably should have looked in the huge manual before I posted instead of after, but I just found what i was looking for in terms of input quantize and a few other things... 

Lesson learned: Refrain from posting when you are half asleep.
    Once again,
    Goodnight all

Sonar X1 Expanded PE 64 bit
    Intel i7 2600k oc'd, 16Gb DDR3 RAM, intel 320 SSD OS drive, 7200RPM HDDx2, Windows 7 Pro 64 bit VS 100, Tascam US-2000, UAD2 - Izotope, Fabfilter, NI Komplete 7/Kore2 & +, Spectrasonics+

http://www.maskensmobilestudio.com

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1