X1a - 1 Audio Track to record as stereo

Author
sadicus
Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 368
2011/01/08 20:01:03 (permalink)

X1a - 1 Audio Track to record as stereo

I have several paned Input tracks, but I want them all to record to 1 stereo track.
how do you make a single track Left and Right?
How do you send multiple tracks to 1 stereo track to real time record?

example
If i drag drop an mp3 on the track it shows as stereo. even if i have recorded mono audio on the same track.

sadicus | VYBE-AMD Ryzen Theadripper 12 Core | Win10x64 | Ultralite-mk3 | Cakewalk-Platinum

5 Replies Related Threads

Crg
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7719
    Re:X1a - 1 Audio Track to record as stereo 2011/01/08 20:14:57 (permalink)
    sadicus

I have several paned Input tracks, but I want them all to record to 1 stereo track.
    how do you make a single track Left and Right?
    How do you send multiple tracks to 1 stereo track to real time record?

example
    If i drag drop an mp3 on the track it shows as stereo. even if i have recorded mono audio on the same track.

Why would drag a stereo MP3 to a mono track? Does that overwrite the mono data in the track? You can pan a track 100% L or R, convert it to mono or stereo ( highlight the clip and right click for the menu). As far as mixing multiple tracks to a stereo track I assume you mean within Sonar? Not by using a an external mixer - interface to the stereo track input? By real time time recording do you mean live? You can select several tracks and bounce-mixdown to a stereo track in real time. ( an option in the bounce menu).

Craig DuBuc
    sadicus
    Re:X1a - 1 Audio Track to record as stereo 2011/01/08 20:40:17 (permalink)
    ANSWERED: Input Stereo
    Preferences> Devices Input Drivers:  Stereo Mic1

Why would drag a stereo MP3 to a mono track?
    because i'm trying to understand how the same track can show mono and stereo audio files.

I want to make one audio track a dumping ground from other paned mono sources.
    Track 1 paned Left Input echo = ON
    Track 2 paned Right echo = ON

Track 3 centered echo = ON + RECORD = ON
    * This needs to be set to stereo input.

sadicus | VYBE-AMD Ryzen Theadripper 12 Core | Win10x64 | Ultralite-mk3 | Cakewalk-Platinum

garrigus
    • Total Posts : 8599
    Re:X1a - 1 Audio Track to record as stereo 2011/01/08 20:43:24 (permalink)
    If the track contains a single mono clip, you can right-click that clip and choose Convert to Stereo. Otherwise, you can convert a mono track to stereo by selecting the track and choosing Tracks > Bounce to Track(s) from the Track view menu.

You can't really record the output of tracks to another track in real-time, but you can do a real-time bounce using the same Bounce to Track(s) feature I mentioned. In the Bounce to Track(s) dialog box, you need to uncheck the Fast Bounce option and then put a checkmark next to the Audible Bounce option.

Scott

--
    Scott R. Garrigus - Author of the Cakewalk Sonar and Sony Sound Forge Power book series. Get Sonar X1 Power - Today! Go to: http://www.garrigus.com/

Publisher of DigiFreq - free music technology newsletter. Win a free SoundTech Vocal Trainer Package, go to: http://www.digifreq.com/digifreq/

Publisher of NewTechReview - free consumer technology newsletter. Win a free i2i Stream Wireless Music Pack, go to: http://www.newtechreview.com/newtechreview/
    post edited by garrigus - 2011/01/08 20:48:59
    Crg
    • Total Posts : 7719
    Re:X1a - 1 Audio Track to record as stereo 2011/01/08 20:47:11 (permalink)
    sadicus

ANSWERED: Input Stereo
    Preferences> Devices Input Drivers:  Stereo Mic1

Why would drag a stereo MP3 to a mono track?
    because i'm trying to understand how the same track can show mono and stereo audio files.

I want to make one audio track a dumping ground from other paned mono sources.
    Track 1 paned Left Input echo = ON
    Track 2 paned Right echo = ON

Track 3 centered echo = ON + RECORD = ON
    * This needs to be set to stereo input.

What Scott said What are you recording with? Interface, soundcard, just a PC?

Craig DuBuc
    sadicus
    Re:X1a - 1 Audio Track to record as stereo 2011/01/09 12:01:16 (permalink)
    Thanks Scott!
    MOTU 828 mkII FW - front 2 pre imputs & 8 in / out on the back

YETI USB Mic I have to switch to ASIO 4 all drivers to use tis mic :(

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1