Helpful ReplyXLN Authorization Problem [Solved]

Page: < 12345 > Showing page 2 of 5
Author
telecharge
Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1180
Re: XLN Authorization Problem 2017/11/12 22:46:17 (permalink)
Cactus Music
Well, the plot thickens. I just noticed that AD2 is now in Demo mode? Say's I have 10 days to register?? And here I thought my W10 1709 update went without a hitch. 
It certainly didn't show that before the update. 
So I also need to contact support. There is no way to get at the authorization window. It only shows  after a Windows update changes you computer ID or when you install to a new computer. Opening the on line installer shows all is good and I'm up to date and using the correct computer.  
This has got to be a bug in the new installer and might be your issue in a round about way. 

I always have to do this after a major Windows update.

https://xlnaudio.groovehq...ument-is-in-trial-mode

It's ridiculous that XLN Audio has allowed this 'problem' to persist for so long.
mettelus
Max Output Level: -22 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5321
Re: XLN Authorization Problem 2017/11/12 23:31:40 (permalink)
Not sure if this was mentioned, but I believe XLN tracks authorizations, so you may need to log into XLN and deauthorize some to free the real ones up.

ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC), i7-8700k, 16GB RAM, GTX-1070Ti, Win 10 Pro, Saffire PRO 24 DSP, A-300 PRO, plus numerous gadgets and gizmos that make or manipulate sound in some way.
Anderton
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 14070
Re: XLN Authorization Problem 2017/11/13 05:23:29 (permalink)
mettelus
Not sure if this was mentioned, but I believe XLN tracks authorizations, so you may need to log into XLN and deauthorize some to free the real ones up.

I de-authorized a computer, but then found you need the online installer to do ANYTHING, including authorize a new one.

This was all happening with my office computer ("studio B") which has SONAR installed. My main music computer has always worked fine with XLN...until now. I had hoped to open the online installer to authorize a new computer. But when I try to open the program, it says "Wrong resources. The program resources have the wrong version. Please make sure that the installation is up to date" but when I try to update, it gets into this endless loop where I update, then it says it needs to update. So it updates, then it says it needs to update...this is ridiculous.

Say what you will about SONAR support, if you actually can't get the program to install or open, they'll take care of you. Not a word from XLN since the initial "Make sure you're connected to the internet" or whatever they said that completely missed the point that I had sent them an email via the internet. I've sent screen shots of error messages...not a peep. 

BFD, here I come.

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
Cactus Music
  • Total Posts : 8424
Re: XLN Authorization Problem 2017/11/13 05:48:14 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby paulo 2017/11/13 20:12:11
Did Gibson buy XLN Audio too?? 

Johnny V  
Cakelab  
Focusrite 6i61st - Tascam us1641. 
3 Desktops and 3 Laptops W7 and W10
 http://www.cactusmusic.ca/

Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 729
Re: XLN Authorization Problem 2017/11/13 05:52:44 (permalink)
LOL 

Intel i7 4790 @3.6Ghz - 32GB Ram - Windows 10 Pro 64bit - RME Fireface UFX+
Studio One 4 Professional, REAPER, CbB-(Couldnb't be Bothered)
More Plugs than Plumbers Warehouse.

Happy Studio One User Since August 2015

"It's the entertainment value, the comic relief . . . plus the Software and Deals Forum"

Re: XLN Authorization Problem 2017/11/13 05:53:49 (permalink)
BFD is a far superior product anyway, there is no comparison, so look on it as a plus

"It's the entertainment value, the comic relief . . . plus the Software and Deals Forum"

azslow3
Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3297
Re: XLN Authorization Problem 2017/11/13 08:13:46 (permalink)
Anderton
Say what you will about SONAR support, if you actually can't get the program to install or open, they'll take care of you. Not a word from XLN since the initial "Make sure you're connected to the internet" or whatever they said that completely missed the point that I had sent them an email via the internet. I've sent screen shots of error messages...not a peep. 

Just to exclude the internet side... have you tried to run installer on another computer, f.e. a notebook, which is connected to the same local network as PC with the problem? To be sure, re-plug ethernet cable from this PC to notebook for the test.
The internet provider of my site blocks IP ranges after attacks from them. If XLN (or XLN provider) does something similar, that can produce connection issues. It can be that the web site, installer service and authorization use different end points, so one can fail while other work.

Sonar 8LE -> Platinum infinity, REAPER, Windows 10 pro
GA-EP35-DS3L, E7500, 4GB, GTX 1050 Ti, 2x500GB
RME Babyface Pro (M-Audio Audiophile Firewire/410, VS-20), Kawai CN43, TD-11, Roland A500S, Akai MPK Mini, Keystation Pro, etc.
www.azslow.com - Control Surface Integration Platform for SONAR, ReaCWP, AOSC and other accessibility tools
Anderton
Re: XLN Authorization Problem 2017/11/13 08:53:59 (permalink)
Cactus Music

I'll have to check...different diseases can have similar symptoms

azslow3
Just to exclude the internet side... have you tried to run installer on another computer, f.e. a notebook, which is connected to the same local network as PC with the problem? To be sure, re-plug ethernet cable from this PC to notebook for the test.

Yes, I tried on a different Windows computer. It didn't work either, although the error messages and issues were different. That may be because my studio computer is more up to date than the "studio B" computer, so different things went wrong. I also tried wireless and ethernet connections.

I don't think it's an internet problem because I can connect to the XLN site and it recognizes an older installer, says it needs to be updated, then merrily downloads the latest version. Only after the latest version is installed does XLN claim I can't connect to the internet, although it doesn't ask me how I can send them emails and get a response (so I know the email arrived).

Matron Landslide
BFD is a far superior product anyway, there is no comparison, so look on it as a plus

Frankly I don't use Addictive Drums on my songs, I either use acoustic drums or with electronic drums, my own samples. However on some of my newer songs I want drums that don't sound real, and AD2 (as well as other drum "tone modules") are good at not sounding like drums if you mess with them enough. I think trying to use any drum module to sound like a real drummer is pretty much doomed.

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
azslow3
Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3297
Re: XLN Authorization Problem 2017/11/13 14:40:33 (permalink)
Anderton
Yes, I tried on a different Windows computer. It didn't work either, although the error messages and issues were different. That may be because my studio computer is more up to date than the "studio B" computer, so different things went wrong. I also tried wireless and ethernet connections.

I don't think it's an internet problem because I can connect to the XLN site and it recognizes an older installer, says it needs to be updated, then merrily downloads the latest version. Only after the latest version is installed does XLN claim I can't connect to the internet, although it doesn't ask me how I can send them emails and get a response (so I know the email arrived).

If more then one computer have some problems, may be it is worse to re-check already published by Adderoo advise from XLN: disable the firewall, anti-virus and anti-malware protection on the PC. Do you have the same residents on both PCs? I mean some non-MS antivirus?
These "smart" programs use all kind of information (also not serious...) to "protect" you. An online installer of copy protected program has almost the same activity as virus/malware installer. In addition, most programs are detected as malware at least by some engine (f.e. AZController is detected as different types of malware/viruses by 3-4 services, dependent from the Ubuntu version and so MinGW stack I am using to build it...).

If that is IP Ban related, as in my previous proposal, WiFi or Ethernet does not matter as long as your connection to outside is the same. You will have to move the PC to different location, with different Internet provider. I have already written, XLN can have (and probably has) different server end-points for the Web site, installer/other content download and authorization. If you are not blocked in the first 2, but you are blocked in the third, you can get what you see: installer detects it is not up to date, is able to download the update but not able to finalize the installation (if it is up to date, it is not able to authorize the installation).

Sonar 8LE -> Platinum infinity, REAPER, Windows 10 pro
GA-EP35-DS3L, E7500, 4GB, GTX 1050 Ti, 2x500GB
RME Babyface Pro (M-Audio Audiophile Firewire/410, VS-20), Kawai CN43, TD-11, Roland A500S, Akai MPK Mini, Keystation Pro, etc.
www.azslow.com - Control Surface Integration Platform for SONAR, ReaCWP, AOSC and other accessibility tools
Unknowen
Max Output Level: -65 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1276
Re: XLN Authorization Problem 2017/11/13 15:03:48 (permalink)
Anderton
Cactus Music

azslow3

Matron Landslide

Frankly I don't use Addictive Drums on my songs, I either use acoustic drums or with electronic drums, my own samples. However on some of my newer songs I want drums that don't sound real, and AD2 (as well as other drum "tone modules") are good at not sounding like drums if you mess with them enough. I think trying to use any drum module to sound like a real drummer is pretty much doomed.

Anderton
Cactus Music

azslow3

Matron Landslide

hello, 
Did you delete the authorized computers from your XLN AD2 account? if not, delete them and you will be able to create  new ones for your computer. I have to do that all the time and I didn't really see here that you did that.

Peace! 

Hay look,
Somethings are not locked in stone... lol 3/18/2019
telecharge
Re: XLN Authorization Problem 2017/11/13 15:05:13 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby marled 2018/01/30 10:46:03
Anderton
I think trying to use any drum module to sound like a real drummer is pretty much doomed.

What?!? How about a real drummer who is also a top finger drummer? This is pretty convincing to me, and it's from 6 years ago!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbKeR2FMv0s

Anderton
BFD, here I come.

Not sure if you've really given up, but I would try things like checking the Windows logs, running the XLN Installer in compatibility mode, performing a clean boot, etc.

If you're interested, I can connect to your system and troubleshoot it. Serious offer.
M@
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 221
Re: XLN Authorization Problem 2017/11/13 18:35:34 (permalink)
IP block could be tested by hooking up pc to mobile phone and tethering network.

Ps. Maybe this post shouldnt be in 'Sonar' ?

Tracking: Sonar Platinum (X3 Producer, X2 studio, X1 expanded, 8.3) (64bit)
System: Win10 Pro (64bit), Asus  P8Z77 V Le Plus, I7-3770k, 16GB Ram, SSD System drive, Raid1 Recording & Backup drive, VS-700 Set, TC Konnekt 48
Instruments: Roland Juno Stage, Kawai CA5, Washburn X50Pro, Blackstar-One100, Merida,...
Anderton
Re: XLN Authorization Problem 2017/11/13 18:35:45 (permalink)
11Dreams

Did you delete the authorized computers from your XLN AD2 account? if not, delete them and you will be able to create  new ones for your computer. I have to do that all the time and I didn't really see here that you did that.

I did de-authorize the computer I'm trying to get working, but the problem is that I can't connect to the online installer.

Anderton
Re: XLN Authorization Problem 2017/11/13 18:41:57 (permalink)
M@
Ps. Maybe this post shouldnt be in 'Sonar' ?

Well it comes with SONAR, so I figure the best chance for finding someone who has experienced this problem, or knows how to fix it, would be a SONAR user.

tlw
Max Output Level: -49.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2567
Re: XLN Authorization Problem 2017/11/13 18:59:45 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Cactus Music 2017/11/13 21:44:39
For what it's worth I just updated AD2 on a Mac running High Sierra.

The update ran OK in terms connecting to the servers etc. but then told me I'd no authorised computers. I thought I had two... Checked my account and I had no listed authorised computers, so I authorised the Mac which went OK. Their site also refuses to let me contact them via their email support form because "that email address does not work, use another". It's the email address I've used as my main one for 20+ years and it definitely works. So I tried entering a brand-new throwaway Gmail address, to be told "that email address does not work use another to contact us".

Looks like something at XLN is badly broken somewhere.

Anyway, might this be related to the authorisation problem? https://www.xlnaudio.com/...ument-is-in-trial-mode

Sonar Platinum 64bit, Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit, I7 3770K Ivybridge, 16GB Ram, Gigabyte Z77-D3H m/board,
ATI 7750 graphics+ 1GB RAM, 2xIntel 520 series 220GB SSDs, 1 TB Samsung F3 + 1 TB WD HDDs, Seasonic fanless 460W psu, RME Fireface UFX, Focusrite Octopre.
Assorted real synths, guitars, mandolins, diatonic accordions, percussion, fx and other stuff.
Anderton
Re: XLN Authorization Problem 2017/11/13 19:48:44 (permalink)
tlw
Anyway, might this be related to the authorisation problem? https://www.xlnaudio.com/...ument-is-in-trial-mode

Thanks, but the deal-breaker is "Remove your current computer and then run the XLN Online Installer and re-register it." I'm finding that if you can't run the online installer, you're dead in the water.

paulo
Max Output Level: -13 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6218
Re: XLN Authorization Problem 2017/11/13 20:13:27 (permalink)
Cactus Music

fitzj
Max Output Level: -61 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1487
Re: XLN Authorization Problem 2017/11/13 20:32:03 (permalink)
Craig, I  guess you now know why some users get very upset when they complain about Sonar support and they receive an email that is not relevant.
Cactus Music
  • Total Posts : 8424
Re: XLN Authorization Problem 2017/11/13 21:47:13 (permalink)
Tim thanks for that, That certainly explains my issue. I'm far away from home right now but will follow through next weekend and report back. 
I totally forgot there is the On LIne installer AND the account web site. I was poking around the On line Installer looking for the tab with that computer autorizing page and couldn't find it. 

Johnny V  
Cakelab  
Focusrite 6i61st - Tascam us1641. 
3 Desktops and 3 Laptops W7 and W10
 http://www.cactusmusic.ca/

Anderton
Re: XLN Authorization Problem 2017/11/13 21:47:21 (permalink)
fitzj
Craig, I  guess you now know why some users get very upset when they complain about Sonar support and they receive an email that is not relevant.

Oh, I've always known that. I've had to contact a variety of support people over the years. But I usually found that if it was an issue like not being able to get something to even wake up, they were responsive. I wouldn't really expect an answer from XLN if it was something about actually using the program, and I didn't contact them until I'd exhausted all other means for getting an answer.

Jesse G
Max Output Level: -32.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4282
Re: XLN Authorization Problem 2017/11/14 01:37:52 (permalink)
Graig,

Uninstall the online installer from the computer.
De-authorize the computer from XlN on line.
Restart the computer and download and re-install the XlN installer again.
Finally,  re-authorize the computer again.

The computer should talk to the XLN servers again.

Peace,
Jesse G. A fisher of men  <><
==============================
Cakewalk and I are going places together!

Cakewalk By Bandlab, Windows 10 Pro- 64 bit, Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI, Intel Core i5-4460 Haswell Processor, Crucial Ballistix 32 GB Ram, PNY GeForce GTX 750, Roland Octa-Capture, Mackie Big Knob, Mackie Universal Controller (MCU), KRK V4's, KRK Rockit 6, Korg TR-61 Workstation, M-Audio Code 49 MIDI keyboard controller.[/
Anderton
Re: XLN Authorization Problem 2017/11/14 04:44:49 (permalink)
Jesse G
Uninstall the online installer from the computer.
De-authorize the computer from XlN on line.
Restart the computer and download and re-install the XlN installer again.

So far so good...

Finally,  re-authorize the computer again.

I don't know how you can you re-authorize it without the online installer being able to talk to the servers. As soon as I open up the installer, it says it can't communicate with the servers. Also On my Accounts > My Computers, I can't authorize a new computer...only Edit or Remove one.  Until I can get the Online Installer to think there is an internet connection, I don't think there's anything I can do. Yet not only is there an internet connection, my computer can connect to their server when it updates an older online installer to the newer version (that doesn't work), and connect to other servers for downloads.

I really appreciate everyone trying to help, but until I can get the online installer to behave, I don't think anything else is possible. It's not like Cakewalk where you can go to your account and download something if the CCC is acting wonky.

Re: XLN Authorization Problem 2017/11/14 05:34:24 (permalink)
Never mind, things have changed since I last visited the OFFLINE files section in my XLN account.
post edited by Matron Landslide - 2017/11/14 06:26:31

Re: XLN Authorization Problem 2017/11/14 05:44:44 (permalink)
post edited by Matron Landslide - 2017/11/14 06:26:59

telecharge
Re: XLN Authorization Problem 2017/11/14 06:00:27 (permalink)
Anderton
I really appreciate everyone trying to help, but until I can get the online installer to behave, I don't think anything else is possible. It's not like Cakewalk where you can go to your account and download something if the CCC is acting wonky.

Another thing to try would be to use a different network. If you have a USB wifi adapter, use it to connect to your smartphone's hotspot (assuming you have a phone with that feature). If you don't have a USB wifi adapter, you can pick one up from a big box store or office supply store fairly cheap.
NeuroRon
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 171
Re: XLN Authorization Problem 2017/11/14 11:53:40 (permalink)
I was having a similar problem with the Toontrack manager. After much troubleshooting, it was my ISP (Xfinity). I ended switching to AT&T and all's well.

The RT Project
 i7, 16 gB RAM, 4 X 1.5 - 3 Tb HDs; Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 audio/MIDI interface;Sonar Platinum; Komplete Ult 10; Superior Drummer 2; Various synths, guitars, basses, ukes, etc.  
werewindle
  • Total Posts : 214
Re: XLN Authorization Problem 2017/11/14 12:47:13 (permalink)
Yup I had exactly same issue raised it with XLN supplied them with diagnostics and nothing, but I just kept trying it everyday and then yesterday for some unfathomable reason it worked and I could re-authorise the PC.

Sonar: Platinum & Studio One 3
Production PC: Intel i7-6950x 10 cores (20 processors) CPU @ 3.00GHz (with overclock to 3.60GHz), RAM 64GB, Windows 10 - 64 bit, Sound Blaster ZxR Pro, Dual Nvidia GTX1080 with 2 widescreen Monitors
MIDI: Akai Advance 49, Roland A-500Pro, Akai MPD230, Softube Console 1, Akai EWI USB, Roli Seaboard 25
Instruments: Martin D12X1AE Dreadnought - 12 string, Martin Ed Sheeran X Signature Edition, Fender Standard Precision-Bass Black MN, Gibson Custom Shop EDS-1275 Cherry (12 & 6 string dual)
Anderton
Re: XLN Authorization Problem 2017/11/14 22:15:12 (permalink)
There support people are in touch, and giving me directions on how to generate error logs and such...hopefully we'll be able to get to the bottom of this.

abacab
Max Output Level: -30.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4464
Re: XLN Authorization Problem 2017/11/15 03:16:20 (permalink)
This case sounds similar to a different software that I was trying to install recently.  In my case it turned out to be Windows Defender causing the issue.

The software I was trying to install was an updated version of an antivirus program which I subscribe to that first downloads an installer, similar to the XLN setup.  I kept getting "unable to connect, check your internet" messages from the installer.  My internet was working just fine, thank you.

So, Windows Defender runs in the background when you use a 3rd party AV on Windows 10, but in my case, since I had uninstalled my 3rd party AV it was running in full real-time scan mode.  I had to go into Windows Group Policy editor to disable Defender.  That is only available in Windows Pro, but there are registry edits available for Home users. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5918-turn-off-windows-defender-windows-10-a.html

Once I disabled Defender, my installer connected just fine.  I had tried nearly everything else including disabling firewalls, etc.  It really surprised me that Defender was interfering with an internet connection, but I'm now convinced that Microsoft has turned Defender into a super net nanny!

DAW: CbB; Sonar Platinum, and others ... 
werewindle
  • Total Posts : 214
Re: XLN Authorization Problem 2017/11/15 06:54:46 (permalink)
Don't want to dash your hopes Craig but I too supplied my data logs to XLN sometime ago but got nowhere. No doubt my ticket is closed as it self righted but makes one wonder if there are obviously quite a few people who have experienced this issue why it has not been cracked yet.

Sonar: Platinum & Studio One 3
Production PC: Intel i7-6950x 10 cores (20 processors) CPU @ 3.00GHz (with overclock to 3.60GHz), RAM 64GB, Windows 10 - 64 bit, Sound Blaster ZxR Pro, Dual Nvidia GTX1080 with 2 widescreen Monitors
MIDI: Akai Advance 49, Roland A-500Pro, Akai MPD230, Softube Console 1, Akai EWI USB, Roli Seaboard 25
Instruments: Martin D12X1AE Dreadnought - 12 string, Martin Ed Sheeran X Signature Edition, Fender Standard Precision-Bass Black MN, Gibson Custom Shop EDS-1275 Cherry (12 & 6 string dual)
Page: < 12345 > Showing page 2 of 5
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1