Yahmaha 01v96v2

Author
richdavis2
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3
2010/07/23 18:41:33 (permalink)

Yahmaha 01v96v2

Has anyone every successfully used a Yahmaha 01v96v2 as an interface for Sonar 8.5?

2 Replies Related Threads

Jeff Evans
    Max Output Level: -24 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5139
    Re:Yahmaha 01v96v2 2010/07/23 21:56:54 (permalink)
    Hi there richdavis2 I am a Yamaha digital mixer user except I am using the lower model, the standard 01V. I have always been a great advocate of using a digital mixer as the front end to a DAW. Yes its fabulous. I use the ADAT light pipe to connect it to Sonar. So I have a sound card that has ADAT as well as analog IN/OUT It all connects perfectly 8 channels in both directions. I use it in 24 bit mode most of the time. Mine does 44.1 and 48K sampling rates which is heaps for me.

Mic Pres are very good, low noise, low distortion, high headroom etc. Plenty of processing on every channel in and out. Great for zero latency tracking with effects. Great for Sonar mixdown. I get everything down to 4 stereo stems and send those across to the mixer. Stems can be processed further and fine tuned during a mix. Mixer can easily add processing on stereo buss for those who want to mix into a compressor. The two internal time based effects processors are supurb (SBX quality) Internal signal routing options are almost infinate!

Mixer accepts heaps of analog and digtial input signals. I have a powerful hardware synth setup and all the analog inputs handle that with ease. Handles all monitoring duties. Faders can be set to control Sonar or control their own internal duties. Mixer moves can all be recorded, edited and played back via midi. (in Sonar)

01V96V2 is even better. More inputs (32 compared to 24) More effects processors, higher sampling rate etc. Plus you could program those buttons on the lower right to do anything inc Sonar transposrt. I think there are some nice plug-ins included now with that model. The ADAT interface is now standard. But if you get another ADAT interface as the option board you can send and receive 16 channels in both directions. But you will need some sort of PCI (e) sound card that can accept two sets of ADAT IN's and OUT's (eg RME stuff)

Yes its a cool thing. Dont even hesitiate if you thinking of buying one. It is the ultimate front end to any DAW and yet is has a small footprint. Sound is pristine and magnificent. You wont have any trouble producing fantastic sounding music.
    post edited by Jeff Evans - 2010/07/23 22:00:06

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz - 8 Gb RAM - Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME PCI HDSP9632 - Steinberg Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 8- Studio One V4 - iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - Sierra 10.12.6 - Focusrite Clarett thunderbolt interface 

Poor minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas -Eleanor Roosevelt
    richdavis2
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3
    Re:Yahmaha 01v96v2 2010/07/24 02:04:44 (permalink)
    Thank you so much!!  I have the optional ADAT card installed in my V2.  I really appreciate your answer and if it is ok I may hit you up for more info as I set up the studio.  Rich Davis
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1