Yahweh Elohim - rock tune, all done today.

Author
wickerman
Max Output Level: -70 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1039
2008/05/17 18:38:22 (permalink)

Yahweh Elohim - rock tune, all done today.

I've just started working on a project where each song will be wrote and recorded in a day - Yahweh Elohim is the first - I'm only going to do a few songs like this and put it into it's own project.
Quick and dirty - I've not had lots of time the past couple of months to do much of anything on the PC. :( So this is very few tracks of audio.

I'm just using my keyboard drums, otherwise it'd take much longer, anyways - take a listen and give me any feedback - overall I think I'm finished with this, unless I do another mixdown when all songs are finished.

YAHWEH ELOHIM

Peace.

7 Replies Related Threads

foxwolfen
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8256
    RE: Yahweh Elohim - rock tune, all done today. 2008/05/17 18:47:17 (permalink)
    Cool. Vocals are rather distant, but otherwise a nice sounding song.

A small bit of trivia for you, in ancient Hebrew there were no written vowels, so its actually spelled "Yhwh" (as it is in some versions of the bible)

A scientist knows more & more about less & less till he knows everything about nothing, while a philosopher knows less & less about more & more till he knows nothing about everything.

Composers Forum
    Mamabear
    • Total Posts : 8954
    RE: Yahweh Elohim - rock tune, all done today. 2008/05/17 21:52:34 (permalink)
    One day?! Wow--in my dreams! Good song. I agree with Shad about the vocals, but it's very well done, IMO.
    fibredrive
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 496
    RE: Yahweh Elohim - rock tune, all done today. 2008/05/18 08:07:37 (permalink)
    vocals could be an intended effect altho generally i gotta agree it might be better up front alittle more. very led zep, might back off on the drums a little, seems too prominent in the mix for the feel.
    Yud-Hei-Vav-Hei rocks!
    cheers

Robomusic
    • Total Posts : 8943
    RE: Yahweh Elohim - rock tune, all done today. 2008/05/18 14:16:32 (permalink)
    interesting song terry, and a cool project kinda getting things done.

On the vowels thing, in ancient hebrew all the words lacked vowels, but there are acceptable versions of all hebrews words that we have to use today, so there is no need to leave them out now.

I'd Seize the day but i can't quite reach it!

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?AID=33477&T=1260
    Music Town
    wickerman
    Max Output Level: -70 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1039
    RE: Yahweh Elohim - rock tune, all done today. 2008/05/19 20:26:40 (permalink)
    Thanks for the feedback, on the vox - I made them up as I tracked, so a couple areas need work - I won't retrack anything though and I do think on the final mix of all the songs I'll drop these drums a bit.

My goal is, above writing and recording quickly, that the subject material be accessible to anyone and maybe make someone stop and think and look into the bigger picture of what's going on, the project is not a 'doomsday' warning or declaration - but will be a snapshot of several different events taking place right now and those told to come.

Thanks for the comments and listens, spelling aside I'm glad the feeling came across, which is what I wanted the most with this song. :)

Peace.
    DuRod
    Max Output Level: -69 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1082
    RE: Yahweh Elohim - rock tune, all done today. 2008/05/19 20:34:50 (permalink)
    Awesome tune Terry. Love the deep, ominous feel to it; and the message it brings across. Fantastic instrumentals and I love the vocal fx, but maybe if they were just brought a little more to the front, it would be easier to understand them. Really like this one a lot, great work.

Duane
    lhansen
    Max Output Level: -27.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4765
    RE: Yahweh Elohim - rock tune, all done today. 2008/05/20 10:00:23 (permalink)
    Terry - I'm a big fan in the 'one take' recording so to speak. Sometimes when you sit down, play & sing, and let the emotion come out, things happen that you can't replicate if it was all pre-planned. It's not perfect, but the energy & vibe is projected on this tune. Very well done. io have to agree about bringing the vox forward a bit more... Excellent guitar tone and playing. I'm sold!

Slow Marching Band

Win 7 x64, Sonar X1E x64, Studio One v2, Focusrite Saffire 24 DSP Pro, Genelec 8030a, True Systems P-Solo, Focusrite ISA One, FMR RNP, GAP-73. 

"Someone to watch over me".
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1