Yay Sonar is now activated on my new computer......

Author
djwayne
Max Output Level: -55 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2021
2017/12/16 22:30:39 (permalink)

Yay Sonar is now activated on my new computer......

I went to the Command Center to check on my status, it was up and running like the good old days. I was able to download the current updates and while doing that a pop up said my Sonar was now activated and I'd no longer get the demo status popups !!!!!
This now means I have Sonar back in operation on my new computer YAY !!!!!!!! Sonar Lives !!!!!!

5 Replies Related Threads

djwayne
    Re: Yay Sonar is now activated on my new computer...... 2017/12/16 23:22:52 (permalink)
    Hey hey I'm on a roll, I just activated Adobe Audition CS6 on my new computer....YAY !!!! Audition lives !!!!!
    JohnKenn
    Max Output Level: -58.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1659
    Re: Yay Sonar is now activated on my new computer...... 2017/12/17 03:28:26 (permalink)
    Dj,

Just curious about your experience with Audition. Would want to hear your voice on this, and anyone else with first hand knowledge.

Not preaching to you or the choir, but the Adobe acquisition of Cool Edit Pro was the beginning of the terminal decline. Cool Edit Pro that was way ahead of its time and rocketing to new heights. I remember walking around in a daze for a week when Pro came out. Multi track digital audio recording now possible with some good effects. There was even the state of the art parametric eq on each channel. Didn't get any better than this for the $275 or whatever it was going for.
    Adobe bought them out, first rebranded it, increased the size over twice with nothing added.
    Audition 1.5 is aging, but about as good as it got. New features with time stretch and the like. Stable program.

Audition 2 was a major disaster with failed midi implementation, bugs out the yin yang which they said were too bureaucratic mired to fix.
    Maybe Audition 3 was the best, maybe. They did a lot of fixes and took the midi crisis out.
    During that time, Adobe went genitals to the wall working on SoundBooth as a major scaled down replacement for Audition in their suites, causing outrage with the die hard Cool Edit fans.

I let it go after the legacy download for ver 3 that Adobe kindly offered.

Never used or "upgraded" to the CS series. Feedback that the original design was butchered to hell and back. Functions removed. Scaled back and simplified to fit into the CS suites as a crippled background need. Deteriorated audio processor was now secondary to the video focus. They went forward with a SoundBooth level editor to do a few things to make the video geeks happy enough to sell their product.

Reports are that Audition died after ver 3.
    Anyone's thoughts on the glory of the CS suite Audition? In comparison with the likes of Audition 1.5 or 3. Is it really more powerful, and us dinosaurs just don't have it together enough to dance with the times.

Love all you guys and girls,
    John

djwayne
    Re: Yay Sonar is now activated on my new computer...... 2017/12/17 04:14:28 (permalink)
    Well Audition is still alive. The last program for sale was CS6, that's what I have. I believe it's still being developed but is only available with the Adobe Cloud which requires you pay a monthly fee. I think it's up to CS17 now, but don't quote me on that....

So is CS6 an improvement over Cool Edit ?? Yes, a tremendous improvement, Lot's more features like Loopology, spectral editing, noise reduction, studio reverb, plus many more upgraded features thru out the program. After you learn the program, you'll find it very easy to use and does a fantastic job of polishing up raw tracks. CS6 has been serving me well for years. It didn't need any further development, it does a great job as is.

Cool Edit was on it's way down and the money to continue developing it just wasn't there. It was either grow or die. Adobe saved the program from certain death, and added many features. Yes they had problems with midi and gave up on it and said there were many other cheap midi programs on the market, so it wasn't worth while to continue midi development.

I don't use it for tracking music, but I love it for editing and cleaning up tracks, great MP3 conversion and burns nice CD's without any problems. I'm not sure you can still buy the CS6 program, you'd have to talk with Adobe about that.

JohnKenn
    Max Output Level: -58.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1659
    Re: Yay Sonar is now activated on my new computer...... 2017/12/17 04:47:05 (permalink)
    Dj,

Thank you for and respect your feedback. Audition was my main DAW until Reaper and Sonar. Always wondered what happened to it among all the horror stories.

John
    djwayne
    Re: Yay Sonar is now activated on my new computer...... 2017/12/17 05:13:03 (permalink)
    Well at the time Adobe gave up on midi I was really into it, and jumped over to Sonar for their midi capabilities. However I liked the editing features of Audition better than Sonar's, so I decided to use both programs for their different specialties.

I just looked up Audition and it's now called Audition CC. Basically the same program I have save for a few improvements, No major changes I could see. Monthly plan is $29 a month, annual plan is $19.99 a month, annual pre pay is $239......
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1