Yes, we all love Sonar, but.,,

Author
ggg
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 324
2018/01/25 21:05:31 (permalink)

Yes, we all love Sonar, but.,,

Like most of you I've gone through many of the stages of grief/loss with this. I have some of the guilt that I'm glad this forced me to move my lazy self to learn more tools as I reviewed other DAWs to future proof my music production. 

One unexpected benefit has been my recognition of the role my tablet can play in my creativity also my phone. In many areas I've become dependent on my iPad and longed for some integration with Sonar. Looked forward to trying Momentum to stay true to the family.

Now though I've discovered Cubasis 2.3 and Korg Gadget. Wow, who knew there were such full featured tools in these little devices. Because Gadget works with Live (which is not to my taste, YMMV), I chose Cubase Pro 9.5 as my 2nd choice to Sonar and find myself actually using Cubasis more and more.

Just wanted to give my love and respect to all the Cakewalkers here along whith the bakers and share my newly discovered mobile creativity.

Peace and blessings!

It was all so different, before everything changed...

Sonar Platinum Lifetimer, CW Synths+++, HP Pavilion Laptop dv7t Quad i7 3610, 16g, .75t hybrid drive, W10 64bit

1 Reply Related Threads

JClosed
    Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 690
    Re: Yes, we all love Sonar, but.,, 2018/01/25 23:07:48 (permalink)
    Well - I said I would not visit this forum anymore, but I just read some news that all users (or potentially users) of Cubase will find very interesting, and I think I have to share that information here.

A lot of posters here where complaining Cubase has no ARA support. Somewhere else on this forum Frank_US has told us that talks where going on to implement ARA in Cubase.

Now Celemony has announced that ARA2 is in development: http://www.celemony.com/en/pm-ara2

Notice one VERY important aspect in this announcement. They write: "The new ARA 2 specification allows, among other things, the simultaneous editing of multiple tracks, the transfer of chord track information between the DAW and the plug-in".

The only DAW that uses a Chord track to my knowledge is Cubase! And more than that. If Cubase and Melodyne can exchange Chord track information using ARA2, then Melodyne will become extremely useful and powerful add-on for Cubase. So - Cubase would not only add better Melodyne support, but also adds extra functionality (Cord track support) that other DAW's lack.

This is exiting news in my humble opinion.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1