Helpful ReplyYour First Scratch

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
jamesg1213
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 21760
Re: Your First Scratch 2017/11/05 21:56:53 (permalink)
craigb
...The cause of the accident was a small guy, in a small car with a big mouth...

''Hey Craig! Are you racist?''

Jyemz

Thrombold's Patented Brisk Weather Pantaloonettes with Inclementometer
craigb
  • Total Posts : 41704
Re: Your First Scratch 2017/11/05 23:23:19 (permalink)
Ya. 

E.T. go home! 

Time for all of you to head over to Beyond My DAW!
Beepster
  • Total Posts : 18001
Re: Your First Scratch 2017/11/05 23:49:34 (permalink)
JohnKenn
Max Output Level: -58.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1659
Re: Your First Scratch 2017/11/06 01:25:10 (permalink)
Jackson,

Never had the honor to drive in China, but cruised around Italy. Like you said, there are some quirks in the roads sometimes bad quirks, but got to comment on the gas stations.

Here in Oregon USA, you can't touch a gas pump unless you are on an Indian reservation. There, it costs you about another 5 cents per gallon if you don't pump your own. Confuses a lot of tourists and even us locals.

Had to get gas today at a place with the poor kid being dragged overwhelmed from car to car. All the grief for minimum wage. My gas was dispensed, but by law I can't touch the pump or even put the gas cap back on. Took 10 minutes extra to get him to take out the pump. Told him I would have hung everything back to help him out. Under penalty of getting terminated, he confided that he would have appreciated the help and would have not turned me in for the crime.

Most Oregon gas stations have you by the balls. You can fry in hell before anyone is there to help you. I think they celebrate in making you wait. The one power they have over other human beings. Not that there are not good souls out there on the job, but they are in the minority unfortunately.

First entry into Italy was a blessed shock experience. Drive into a gas station and the whole family is out there for you. Mom, Dad, the kids. Checking your fluid levels, cleaning the windows. Tire pressure if the tire looked down. One stop shopping to the level of their capacity. Focused and motivated to serve. You left the station with a full tank of gas, but something more.

John
jackson white
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 283
Re: Your First Scratch 2017/11/08 04:02:48 (permalink)
@JohnKenn

They do the mandatory gas pump attendant thing in NJ. Always thought it was some kind of mob action. 

Hmm... what do you know about witness relocation in Oregon? 

--------------------
Some pieces of wood with wires and bits of metal stuck in them, silicon and plastic
craigb
Re: Your First Scratch 2017/11/08 04:32:33 (permalink)
jackson white
Hmm... what do you know about witness relocation in Oregon? 

I don't know about that, but they MUST have a witless protection program out here!

sharke
  • Total Posts : 13933
Re: Your First Scratch 2017/11/08 07:11:12 (permalink)
Not long after I bought my current Telecaster, my building super came in to make a repair (a radiator, not the Tele) and as he was leaving, he knocked over a mic stand which fell onto the Tele and left a little ding on the body. I was completely over the moon and invited the super to be godfather to my first born child, if I ever have one. 

James
Windows 10, Sonar SPlat (64-bit), Intel i7-4930K, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface, AKAI MPK Mini, Roland A-800 Pro, Focusrite VRM Box, Komplete 10 Ultimate, 2012 American Telecaster!
JohnKenn
Re: Your First Scratch 2017/11/08 16:14:45 (permalink)
Witness relocation out here means getting lost in the woods.
Wife is on jury duty for the month. We relocated between counties last year getting out of it until now.

jackson white
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 283
Re: Your First Scratch 2017/11/09 15:48:50 (permalink)
@JohnKenn

A strategy for getting out of jury duty that's worked for me is to show up a day early. They've always said, 'since you're here, we'll add you to the list for today'. And you end up at the end. Never been called in the 3x I've tried this, dismissed by mid morning. Easier than moving. 

Then again, how did I manage to be there a day early...  

--------------------
Some pieces of wood with wires and bits of metal stuck in them, silicon and plastic
Slugbaby
Max Output Level: -33.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4172
Re: Your First Scratch 2017/11/09 17:31:27 (permalink)
sharke
Not long after I bought my current Telecaster, my building super came in to make a repair (a radiator, not the Tele) and as he was leaving, he knocked over a mic stand which fell onto the Tele and left a little ding on the body. I was completely over the moon and invited the super to be godfather to my first born child, if I ever have one. 

Well done.  Teles should never be pristine, they're workhorses.

http://www.MattSwiftMusic.com

Dell i5, 16Gb RAM, Focusrite 2i2 IO, Telecasters, P-bases, Personal Drama for a muse.
craigb
Re: Your First Scratch 2017/11/09 17:40:31 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby sharke 2017/11/11 02:16:40
I think James forgot the [sarcasm][/sarcasm] tags. 

JohnKenn
Re: Your First Scratch 2017/11/11 02:09:17 (permalink)
Hmm…

Derailing my thread, but remember working at Boeing in Seattle. For whatever reason, Boeing employees seemed to be unfairly harassed for jury duty. Biggest drag was grand jury for 2 months. You got 10 bucks a day, lost you wage.

We adapted. I got off two times from the pre screen phone interview. First one was simple.

Bank robbery suspect. Do I know the person or have any prejudices?

What, that bastard. Yeah I know him. I was a bank teller and was robbed. Let me on the jury and we’ll fry the jerk. Let me at him.

Uh.. Mr Kenn, we are sorry to inform you that you are disqualified from jury duty.

Second time, I had to be more creative as they started to doubt my relationship with the accused. Not the exact words with failing memory, but close. It worked.

Mr Kenn, you have been summoned for grand jury duty in the people vs Joe Somebody. Drug smuggling, money laundering, child rape, other stuff. Mary Jane which at the time was a felony.

Mr Kenn, do you have any prejudices or knowledge of the defendant?

No. I am completely objective. You can call me StarChild. John is my earth name. I am a galactic member of the Xercion Assembly.

What. Can you repeat…

Please wait for a minute of your earth time. I am receiving a transmission from the galactic command.

I don’t follow.

The XarkZion telepathic implant in my brain is vibrating.

Yes, the individual is completely guilty. I have been given the power of High Executioner in this quadrant of your universe. I will vote guilty and advise more humane methods of extermination.

Are you okay. I didn’t understand much of what you are saying.

I have the power to beam you up. I offer you the brain implant as well.

Mr Kenn, thank you for your time but you are relieved of jury duty...
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1