Your Strangest Encounter

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
jimmyman
Max Output Level: -53.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2193
RE: Your Strangest Encounter 2009/02/23 22:49:29 (permalink)
If I were God, I might put some humans over here, some Azamanians over there and some Zeta Reticulans over there and see what happened.

in a way this makes since and does not as well. something that
supreme is perfection and creating a culture with a choice also
makes since. but i myself if i were a power would not experiment
if i was the supreme. unless i was bored with perfection. lol

a girl in college told me of her seeing a spaceship in a field.
i havent been through time travel but i have been shown that
seeking in a certain direction is a good thing.

sometimes on my property there is an entity i cant see but i can
feel. like someone is there and you look around and there is no
one. feels like indians and pilgrams. i live on the peak of a hill
in the neghberhood.

i gardend one year in my back yard and after tilling up the soil
found things like railroad spikes and green glass and such. must
have been many there before me.
space_cowboy
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 9813
RE: Your Strangest Encounter 2009/02/24 10:35:26 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: keith

ORIGINAL: space_cowboy
Despite having a strong background in science, I disagree with the scientific method as a means for proving or disproving the existence of other life in the galaxy. Just because you cannot prove something does not mean you have disproved it.

No, it hasn't been disproved, but it hasn't been "proven". I don't have a problem with using rigorous scientific method to prove that life exists elsewhere... but I do have a problem with the notion that science must go forth to prove that life exists elsewhere to begin with! SETI? Is this serious? Trying to find water on Mars? Come on now... there's plenty of evidence on this planet (in the US, Europe, Asia, Middle East, everywhere...) that we have been visited by intelligent life from elsewhere, for whatever reasons. Evidence that can be provided, substantiated, supported, etc. by persons in the military, commercial airline pilots, police officers, scientists, etc. Why don't we apply all that time, money, and rigor to sifting through all of those billions of bits of evidence? No need to build hugenormous radio telescopes or launch billion dollar rovers...

To me the whole "scientific pursuit of extraterrestrial life" is a ruse... something to keep us busy, and effectively mislead us at the same time... while all the "kooks" blog about their salacious affairs with hot alien babes... It doesn't add up!!! Where we should be asking questions and applying investigative rigor, there is a big hole (as if on purpose... hmmm ).

Regarding galaxies, stars, grains of sand, etc.... if you think about the numbers it seems absurd to consider our planet around our sun at this present age of the universe as the only point in space and time involving life forms. It seems statistically impossible. So that leaves you with "something" having made the conscious decision to make the universe that way on purpose -- i.e., that earth and sun is a special, singular case. But then you have to wonder -- why do we need all that other stuff out there, then? If we are the center of our own existence, or "the only existence that matters", why have the other 10^22 stars? Clearly, they don't add anything to the equation. Seems like a waste of time and energy to create all that extra stuff that nobody will ever know or care about...

Or "If we are the only ones out here, it is sure an awfully big waste of space"

Ed
No
Sober when it happened.

Some people call me Maurice

SPLAT Pro lifetime, ADK 6 core 3.6Ghz with 32 GB RAM, SSD 1TB system drive, 3 3TB regular drives for samples, recordings and misc.  Behringer X Touch, UAD Apollo Quad.  2 UAD2 Quads PCI (i think - inside the box whatever that is), Console 1.  More guitars (40??) and synths (hard and soft) than talent.  Zendrum!!!
altima_boy_2001
Max Output Level: -55 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2033
RE: Your Strangest Encounter 2009/02/25 02:07:19 (permalink)
i gardend one year in my back yard and after tilling up the soil
found things like railroad spikes and green glass and such. must
have been many there before me.

Probably a past landfill later covered with dirt...My parents' place is like that and on a hill too. We tried to dig a trench to pour a foundation for a 2nd garage and stopped after getting a few feet because 2 feet below the surface it was nothing but old metal, brick, and glass. The mess broke 2 chains on the digger and the contractor said it wasn't worth it and gave up...

You can use me as your eSoundz referral (altima_boy_2001).
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1