Z3TA+2 Modulation Matrix: How to set a minimum range? and curve definitions?

Author
Rosskonian
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4
2015/01/20 19:26:36 (permalink)

Z3TA+2 Modulation Matrix: How to set a minimum range? and curve definitions?

Hello,

I'm working my way through the modulation matrix and I can't figure out two things on the matrix:

The manual seems to imply that you can set a range, including a minimum and maximum range, but offers no explanation on how to do so. I can easily set the maximum range for a parameter by clicking and dragging to the right, this fills the empty bar with a solid blue bar, starting from the left, and telling me the range as well as showing in the lower right hand corner the maximum range value is being changed. However, I have no idea how to set the minimum range. Am I missing something here? The manual also shows the solid blue bar filling from the right as well, implying there's other options in setting up the range for a parameter, but I can't seem to figure out how to do it.

Secondly, I am very confused by the short, one line descriptions of the Matrix Curves. Is there any place where these curves are fully defined or explained in more detail? 

2 Replies Related Threads

TomHelvey
    Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 537
    Re: Z3TA+2 Modulation Matrix: How to set a minimum range? and curve definitions? 2015/01/20 20:11:05 (permalink)
    Right Click + drag sets the minimum range.
    They're referring to the various curves (3rd column) you can use to modify how a control affects the destination. There are tutorials out there that explain the various curves. Basically Uni goes one way 0-n and Bi goes both ways (did I just say that?) -n-+n, positive curves start at the low value and go positive, negative curves start at the high value and go negative (inverse), slow gives you a curve that rises slowly initially, fast gives you a curve that rises fast initially, pitch is a special case for use with oscillator pitch as a destination. Pitch curves can also be useful for creating fast attacks on plucks.
    Knowing that, play around with them, you'll get it.
    post edited by TomHelvey - 2015/01/20 22:40:37

System: i7-6900, 64Gb, AMI X99 Carbon Pro Gaming, AMD Radeon HD 7700, Win 10 Pro
    PCIe: UAD Octo
    USB: MOTU midi express 128, OB-6 Module, Akai MPK-249, Moog SUB 37, Antelope Orion 32 HD, Softube Console 1, iLok, eLicenser
    DAW: Cubase Pro, Ableton Live, Sonar Platinum
    Plugins: Waves, UAD, Xfer, Lennar Digital, u-he, Reveal Sound, Spectrasonics, SoundToys, VPS, Blue Cat, iZotope, NI, Valhalla, Lexicon, etc.

https://soundcloud.com/thomas-helvey
    Rosskonian
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4
    Re: Z3TA+2 Modulation Matrix: How to set a minimum range? and curve definitions? 2015/01/21 15:20:20 (permalink)
    Thanks TomHelvey, I figured the minimum range was something easy and I greatly appreciate your descriptions of the curve, they explain a lot more than the manual does. I would appreciate any links to tutorials covering the curves further. I haven't been able to find any that specifically cover it.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1