Z3TA 2.1 & MIDI Searchback Functions RESOLVED!

Author
jsg
Max Output Level: -69 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1079
2014/11/30 20:09:08 (permalink)

Z3TA 2.1 & MIDI Searchback Functions RESOLVED!

Issue finally resolved after over a year!!!

Two things are critical with Z3TA:  The folder/file structure must be adhered to:
Programs/user content/user folder/patches

Also, in track view, set Z3TA's patch, bank and channel to NONE.  When you want to change patches use another instance.  It will prevent a lot of problems. 

Those were the issues that were causing MIDI searchback to not work.
With the help of Phil at CW support, we figured this out. 

Jerry
www.jerrygerber.com

I am having issues with MIDI searchback with this synth. 

I assign control 11 to volume, control 18 to attack time, and control 19 to release time at the start of the track.

When I start the sequence at, say, measure 12, Z3TA does not search back to initiate the latest controller value, instead it reverts back to its saved configuration for any given parameter.  So, the workaround, which is a real pain, is to insert multiple, redundant controller changes every few bars, so that when I start playback anywhere except the start of the track, Z3TA will respond correctly to the controller changes, which it does. 

I've reported this to Cakewalk but the reply I get is "this is how it is designed".   That cannot be true, because every sample library and every synth I've used for the past 25 years responds to MIDI patch/controller searchback.  I think there's a bug in the software that CW isn't finding, or there's something going on with my system. 

I am running Sonar X3e, Windows 7-64, 16 GB of RAM.  I am running the 32-bit version of Z3TA because the 64-bit version crashes Sonar, which is also weird, because every other 64-bit plugin, whether a synth or signal processor, works fine. 

Am I the only one?  I've tested this on 2 machines and on different Sonar files.   I am really perplexed.  Is it my system? 

Thanks for any help,
Jerry
www.jerrygerber.com

post edited by jsg - 2014/12/01 16:16:21

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1