Z3TA+ ioS and Sonar x3 Studio

Author
patmc007
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 123
2014/06/08 19:09:56 (permalink)

Z3TA+ ioS and Sonar x3 Studio

I'm new to customized synths. I'm used to loading synths which came with the software I purchased (MC 6 / Sonar x3 Studio) or purchasing third party soft synths and loading them (VST files).  Once a sound is synthesized in Z3TA+ for ioS, can it be exported and used on my PC in Sonar x3 Studio?

Patrick
Via

www.soundcloud.com/patmc007

Sonar X3 Producer
Lexicon Lambda Pro Audio Interface
M-Audio Keystation Mini 32 Midi Controller
Korg nanoPAD 2
MXL 990 Microphone
Roland D-50 Linear Synth
A Wing
A Prayer

"The music I conjure up in my head and the music I generate on my computer are seldom the same.  But it is my goal for them to be so."

4 Replies Related Threads

AT
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10654
    Re: Z3TA+ ioS and Sonar x3 Studio 2014/06/08 20:02:07 (permalink)
    If there is an export file on Z3tA ios you should be able to bring it in as a wav file, etc.  If not, you could play it into SONAR as an audio file if you get the proper audio connectors.

I don't have Z3TA ios so I can't answer w/o reading the manual, which I don't have.

@

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    patmc007
    Re: Z3TA+ ioS and Sonar x3 Studio 2014/06/08 21:06:33 (permalink)
    Thanks for the comments.  I don't play very well.  I depend on being able to edit midi data for better results.  I suppose I could do this in an IOS DAW such as Garage Band, though I'd hope that someday Cakewalk makes the sounds you can create on Z3TA+ for ioS directly compatible with it's PC based DAW's.

Patrick
    Via

Sonar X3 Producer
    Korg nanoPAD 2
    MXL 990 Microphone
    Roland D-50 Linear Synth
    A Wing
    A Prayer

"The music I conjure up in my head and the music I generate on my computer are seldom the same.  But it is my goal for them to be so."
    chad
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 468
    Re: Z3TA+ ioS and Sonar x3 Studio 2014/06/10 09:22:07 (permalink)
    patmc007
    Thanks for the comments.  I don't play very well.  I depend on being able to edit midi data for better results.  I suppose I could do this in an IOS DAW such as Garage Band, though I'd hope that someday Cakewalk makes the sounds you can create on Z3TA+ for ioS directly compatible with it's PC based DAW's.

It sounds as though the z3ta+ 2 VST plugin may be good for you if you really want to dig in and tweak and edit MIDI data.  Since X3 Studio comes with version 1.0 of z3ta+ you could upgrade to z3ta+ 2.0 pretty cheaply. 

Then you always have z3ta+ on iOS to use for drafts and ideas as well. 

As far as getting sounds from z3ta+ iOS from your iPad to your PC.  Sometimes I'll just connect the headphone jack on my iPad out to audio card if I just want to record and capture the audio.  You may also want to check out the app 'AudioShare' which synchronizes really well with DropBox for sending files and audio data back and forth between a PC and iPad.  

Cheers,
    Chad

patmc007
    Re: Z3TA+ ioS and Sonar x3 Studio 2014/06/11 11:18:38 (permalink)
    Chad, thanks for the input.  Very helpful!!

Patrick
    Via

Sonar X3 Producer
    Korg nanoPAD 2
    MXL 990 Microphone
    Roland D-50 Linear Synth
    A Wing
    A Prayer

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1