Z3TA locks up hard when messing with ASIO

Author
rea2112
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2016/02/19 17:46:04 (permalink)

Z3TA locks up hard when messing with ASIO

I don't use Z3TA that much as I can't get it to be stable. I have a Win7 PC and use Reaper DAW with my Digitech RP255 guitar efx pedal as my ASIO audio hardware for audio in/out.  When I fire up Z3TA 2.2.1  I get no audio using rea(audio) which I believe is from Reaper even though I'm using Z3TA as a standalone. Using my midi controller I see the mixer showing I have audio but I can't hear it. So I click the ASIO drop down and select RP255. Now this is where Z3 decides to slow way down and will freeze and no amount of caressing Win7 will kill off Z3. I have to hold the power button to kill the PC. No software should ever be allowed to have that kind of a grip on an OS. Yes I was trying to kill the process under Task Manager. I uninstalled Z3 2.2.1 and followed Cakewalks suggestion to also edit the registry and remove Cakewalk.  I installed the latest 2.2.2 via the Cakewalk Center. Fired up Z3 and just like with 2.2.1 it freezes when I try to select my RP255 as audio.  Let it be known that I have no issue with any other VST or Synth standalone nor with Reaper DAW while using my RP255 ASIO. Does anyone else have a RP255 they can try with Z3TA?  I been thinking about getting a new audio interface but would like to know why it won't work with Digitech.

Thanks

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1