Z3ta+ and Sylenth1

Author
szurcio
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 19
2009/04/01 13:05:59 (permalink)

Z3ta+ and Sylenth1

I have played with Z3ta+ and Sylenth for a while. I feel I could achieve everything that Sylenth does in Z3ta+ even though it's so much cheaper (and older). Am I missing something?
post edited by szurcio - 2009/04/01 13:16:54

5 Replies Related Threads

SmokeyJ628
    Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 809
    RE: Z3ta+ and Sylenth1 2009/04/01 13:35:36 (permalink)
    I think people buy Sylenth1 for the mysterious (my word) analog-like sound it produces. I tried the demo, and I was less than impresed overall. But then again, I like digital sounds.

So, IMHO, not only can you get most of Sylenth's sounds in Z3ta+, Z3ta+ will do a whole lot more (such simple FM synthesis, an awesome waveshaper, can be used as an effect (!)). The CPU hit for Z3ta+ is higher, though, so that's a consideration. Sylenth likely does sound "warmer" in general, but Z3ta+ is much more powerful. Note that you can build a wave using the waveshaper in Z3ta+ and export it. Then, if you own Rapture or Dimensio Pro (even the LE versions) you can load this wave into those instruments and use all their modulations on it. Now that's a cool feature.

Just my two cents. I've played around with the demo for both for a while. I have no plans to buy Sylenth, but Z3ta+ is always on my "to buy" list. But with Rhino and Rapture, I've got most of the bases covered.

--SmokeyJ

P.S.--I'm also from AL so it's nice to see some local folks on the board!
    syrath
    Max Output Level: -34.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4075
    RE: Z3ta+ and Sylenth1 2009/04/01 13:50:51 (permalink)
    Sylenth1 is one of my favorite synths. It much easier to dial up a sound in in Sylenth1 than in z3ta, of course though thats another one of those personal viewpoints, since some people will be very fluent in dialing in sounds in z3ta. In my mind there is definitely something different in the sound of each of them.

You might also want to try out fabfilter twin2 , this has a similar sound as well.
    kwgm
    Max Output Level: -52.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2271
    RE: Z3ta+ and Sylenth1 2009/04/01 14:21:42 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: szurcio

I have played with Z3ta+ and Sylenth for a while. I feel I could achieve everything that Sylenth does in Z3ta+ even though it's so much cheaper (and older). Am I missing something?

Not at all. It's a matter of taste. I feel that Z3ta creates a wider variety of sounds than Sylenth, and I don't like the harshness of Sylenth's filters and effects, though some folks prefer this sound. In its favor, Sylenth is a bit easier to work with as it's more like a traditional VA synth, but once you master Z3ta, you discover its power in the multiple sound elements, wave warping, control matrix, multiple modifier banks, etc.

Two other VA synths that you might find interesting, both free, are: Oatmeal and Synth 1

Both available via KVRAudio.

--kwgm
    Fog
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 12302
    RE: Z3ta+ and Sylenth1 2009/04/01 21:01:16 (permalink)
    I use both, like both..

there are differences.. both are good synths that are very usable.

for a time z3ta was a lot cheaper here, it's gone up in price.. from £50 to £80. which is tough in the sense of Synleth (Lennar) is based in the EU so less tax.

they had a deal on sylenth when I bought it around Christmas time.

I haven't tried yet.. but z3ta you can use the fx module for other things.. as an fx plug.. not sure about sylenth.

I can't say anything bad about either TBH.

synth1 is an old favorite of mine also.. esp with the add on sounds.. there are LOADS of them, the presets that come with it are ok.. but the additional ones make a big difference.
    chad
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 468
    RE: Z3ta+ and Sylenth1 2009/04/02 09:11:13 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: syrath

Sylenth1 is one of my favorite synths. It much easier to dial up a sound in in Sylenth1 than in z3ta, of course though thats another one of those personal viewpoints, since some people will be very fluent in dialing in sounds in z3ta. In my mind there is definitely something different in the sound of each of them.

You might also want to try out fabfilter twin2 , this has a similar sound as well.

I think Stuart has touched on something here, all three synths he's talking about have nothing less then superb sounding filters. ;)

As far as z3ta+ sounding amazing today even for it's age... there are some instruments and sounds which are timeless (no pun intended on the fabfilter fx). :P
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1