Z3ta+ fatal error

Author
EtherealEntity
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 338
2010/07/11 08:53:48 (permalink)

Z3ta+ fatal error

Hi. I have recently started using Z3ta+ and am experiencing Fatal Errors which close Sonar most of the time when playing back a MIDI with a bank/program change. I am using 8.5 Producer 64 on Windows 7 64. Any ideas what this is???
Thanks.

1 Reply Related Threads

EtherealEntity
    Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 338
    Re:Z3ta+ fatal error 2010/07/13 12:53:23 (permalink)
    Bump - anyone??

Also - why are names I save programs under not showing up in the program selector? They are just shown as three dashes; "---". This means I can't easily find what program to change to when inserting a program change.
    EDIT: Seems I have to name them seperately in the Sonar top bar?

Another question:
    Trying to avoid program changes for the moment...
    Let's say I have two different sounding programs, Fat and Thin.
    Scenario A: I want to play a bar of Fat, then a bar of Thin. I record my MIDI and insert a program change from Fat to Thin after one bar. Perfect (presuming, that is, that the Fatal Error I spoke of does not occur).

Scenario B: I want to play bass on Fat and a melody on Thin. I insert another MIDI track. Track 1 is routed to Fat in the patch selector. Track 2 is routed to Thin in the patch selector. I should be able to write different MIDI and have Z3ta play them both, right? Surely Z3ta can handle more than one sound at one time? Or am I wrong? At the moment it is just playing Fat on both, although the routing is displayed correctly. If I just select the MIDI track 2 which is routed to Thin and play my keyboard, I hear the Fat patch. What's going on here?

Can anyone suggest another synth for me to use? The Fatal Errors are rather terrible...Especially if I need to insert many changes due to Scenario B. Z3ta was going to be my synth of choice because when I opened them all up to start with, it was clearly the best. 6 of everything, and the wave shaper. Lovely modulation matrix, X Y pad etc.
    post edited by EtherealEntity - 2010/07/13 13:09:57
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1