Z3ta fx is causing a terrible sound on my system

Author
mikelo
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2010/08/19 00:03:45 (permalink)

Z3ta fx is causing a terrible sound on my system

Hi, I originally posted the following on the KVR forums only later to find out that the cause of it was the Z3ta+ FX plugin.
I have been a Z3ta user since its early years and was shocked to find out that this was the cause to all the problems I am having. I do have version 1.5 installed.
Does anyone know is the FX plugin of 1.5 is the same as the previous 1.4 version?
Would someone at Cakewalk kindly look into it please?

Here is the KVR question:

Recently I have had been experiencing the most horrendous sound from my M audio Ozone ( 25 octave USB keyboard and sound interface).
This seems to happen only when I am in Cubase Studio 4. I must admit, I haven't just left it running in Windows 7 Premium (64 bit).
The sound itself is, the only way I can describe it, is like you are standing directly under a storm with the biggest clap of thunder you ever heard, and I'm not kidding either! It seems to delay and hold for around 20 to 30 seconds and the goes but only to happen again soon after. In the last day or so, I have noticed it has become more frequent and its at the point now where my finger is on my monitor's volume pot to turn it straight down.
Its quite a disturbing sound and I fear its going to take out my monitors too.
I have made no changes in either Cubase or Ozone itself and I have tested to see if there was a rouge VST that might be causing it but found nothing. Even with the monitors (behringer) turned off, I can hear ot through my cans.
I have uni stalled and re installed the M audio drivers (only 1 Windows 7 64 bit available) but this did note cure it either.
I really don't know whats going on here. One minute everything is fine and for the last week or so, Its gone to this
Any help would be grateful.
Regards,
Michael.

1 Reply Related Threads

Fog
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 12302
    Re:Z3ta fx is causing a terrible sound on my system 2010/08/24 21:54:23 (permalink)
    I have an m-audio ozone also.. and that the problem (the drivers)

the drivers for it are awful.. also in win7 64 bit... I tell them, but they haven't listened!

I get pops / clicks in ANY mode.... and also it seems to want to go into 48 mode instead of 44k mode.

it's nothing to do with the vst.. just the drivers are poor.. so much so, if they don't fix them I will be looking for a replacement.

I use sonar / cubase / reason / record.. and it's the same in all of them.

I think a windows update etc. might have affected the drivers.. but well because so many programs sound bad.. it's not the programs , its the card (keyboard) drivers..

it either sounds like it's about to distort / too much gain.. OR pops clicks.

hope they fix them.. they are dated last year.. so need updating

post edited by Fog - 2010/08/24 21:58:26
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1