ZeroG Downloads will let you down...

Author
JoseC.
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 471
2008/12/22 12:36:07 (permalink)

ZeroG Downloads will let you down...

I know, it´s only forty dollars, but I am really upset. I needed some drum loops and on Saturday 13th I bought a sample CD for download from the ZeroG online shop. After like a zillion tries where the download was reported complete after a few megs, without the connection being interrupted, I just quit trying and did what they advice, i.e., I wrote an email asking for help, help that they promise within few hours on working days. So I waited the weekend, during which the download link expired (it's valid for 48 hours). Monday came and went...Thursday and no reply...and then a new email from me, a couple of days later other, then one more after that...and yet no news from ZeroG ten days after my purchase.

I do not really know what else to do but sharing this story with you. Take care you all in case you decide getting samples from these people, and may you all have Merry Christmas...

Jose Cobelas
Madrid.

6 Replies Related Threads

...wicked
    Max Output Level: -1.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7360
    RE: ZeroG Downloads will let you down... 2008/12/22 12:39:44 (permalink)
    Ugh that sux.

Not much help from here, just some empathy.

What Zero-G collection was it?

===========
    The Fog People
    ===========

Intel i7-4790 
    16GB RAM
    ASUS Z97 
    Roland OctaCapture
    Win10/64   

SONAR Platinum 64-bit    
    billions VSTs, some of which work    
    JoseC.
    RE: ZeroG Downloads will let you down... 2008/12/22 13:02:59 (permalink)
    Monster Beats. I just posted the same in KVR and it seems that I am not the first victim...
    Jesse G
    Max Output Level: -32.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4282
    RE: ZeroG Downloads will let you down... 2008/12/22 13:11:40 (permalink)
    I've purchased from ZeroG a number of times and the downloads links have always worked fine. If possible, when you download, do it from a place that has a T1 line or better, so you can have fast download speeds.

I have cable at home, but I always download while I am at work, burn it to a CD and then take it home.

Peace

Peace,
    Jesse G. A fisher of men  <><
    ==============================
    Cakewalk and I are going places together!

Cakewalk By Bandlab, Windows 10 Pro- 64 bit, Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI, Intel Core i5-4460 Haswell Processor, Crucial Ballistix 32 GB Ram, PNY GeForce GTX 750, Roland Octa-Capture, Mackie Big Knob, Mackie Universal Controller (MCU), KRK V4's, KRK Rockit 6, Korg TR-61 Workstation, M-Audio Code 49 MIDI keyboard controller.[/
    keith
    Max Output Level: -36.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3882
    RE: ZeroG Downloads will let you down... 2008/12/22 14:22:57 (permalink)
    I've probably downloaded 30GB+/- (maybe more!) from ZeroG without a problem. When I did have an issue or two they responded very quickly, and were generous with solutions (e.g., I had a question about one of their products purchased for download through a reseller, and they just fired off a link to their own download, just in case...).

One thing that I always do is use a download manager, particularly "Free Download Manager", which somebody from this forum (I think) turned me onto a couple of years ago... I've only had one incompatibility with FDM, which was with chrishein.net. FDM works well with ZeroG, as they give you a time limit (as opposed to a download limit ), and they support "resume" in case a connection gets dropped. You have to be careful with d/l managers and sites that give you a download limit, as a single download from a d/l manager could be comprised of multiple physical connections, which get counted against the limit. Again, .

Trying to remember... I may have had one glitchy download with ZeroG a couple of weeks ago, which either recitified itself, or which I restarted manually, can't remember. But I d/l'd 8GB that session, and it was only one zip file (out of 22) that had an issue, IIRC. They may have a connectivity (or server) issue on their end, since that was the first time I ever had an issue with one of their downloads.

You should also, as always, make sure their responses aren't getting filtered as spam... for that matter, your emails to them may have never reached there. As I said previously, my emails to/from them were prompt and helpful in the past, if that helps ease matters just a little bit.

Wrt. your download timeout -- once you can successfully communicate with them, a simple explanation should be all that's required, and I'm sure they'll reset things.

Also... you should rule out a connectivity issue on your end... I've certainly had a bad spells with my DSL lines (not often), where a dirty line can cause connection problems. I can only think of http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/ at the moment, but I'm sure there are other, better diagnostic sites out there...
    JoseC.
    RE: ZeroG Downloads will let you down... 2008/12/22 19:35:18 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: keith

I've probably downloaded 30GB+/- (maybe more!) from ZeroG without a problem. When I did have an issue or two they responded very quickly, and were generous with solutions (e.g., I had a question about one of their products purchased for download through a reseller, and they just fired off a link to their own download, just in case...).

One thing that I always do is use a download manager, particularly "Free Download Manager", which somebody from this forum (I think) turned me onto a couple of years ago... I've only had one incompatibility with FDM, which was with chrishein.net. FDM works well with ZeroG, as they give you a time limit (as opposed to a download limit ), and they support "resume" in case a connection gets dropped. You have to be careful with d/l managers and sites that give you a download limit, as a single download from a d/l manager could be comprised of multiple physical connections, which get counted against the limit. Again, .

Trying to remember... I may have had one glitchy download with ZeroG a couple of weeks ago, which either recitified itself, or which I restarted manually, can't remember. But I d/l'd 8GB that session, and it was only one zip file (out of 22) that had an issue, IIRC. They may have a connectivity (or server) issue on their end, since that was the first time I ever had an issue with one of their downloads.

You should also, as always, make sure their responses aren't getting filtered as spam... for that matter, your emails to them may have never reached there. As I said previously, my emails to/from them were prompt and helpful in the past, if that helps ease matters just a little bit.

Wrt. your download timeout -- once you can successfully communicate with them, a simple explanation should be all that's required, and I'm sure they'll reset things.

Also... you should rule out a connectivity issue on your end... I've certainly had a bad spells with my DSL lines (not often), where a dirty line can cause connection problems. I can only think of http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/ at the moment, but I'm sure there are other, better diagnostic sites out there...

I actually downloaded and tried using Free Download Manager after a few unsuccessful attempts. I had never needed a download manager until this happened, everything is usually fine. Abut my spam filter, I checked that first, but I am sure that I've got no replies. I am not saying that they are out there to rip their customers off, but there sure is something sloppy in the way they handle the download shop.

Zero G
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2
    RE: ZeroG Downloads will let you down... 2008/12/23 05:50:57 (permalink)
    One of our regular customers has just brought this thread to my attention. I am absolutely horrified that some customers' emails have not been getting through to us!!! We believe our support is excellent and we ALWAYS respond quickly to all mails we receive, even at weekends, so if anyone has not received a reply it can ONLY be because we didn't receive their mail!

Frankly, I'm deeply saddened by this situation. If anyone has any open issues PLEASE email me directly at ed@zero-g.co.uk or if you believe your mail has got caught in our spam filter then send me a private message via this forum. If anyone has experienced any inconvenience due to our spam filter or any other reason, we will as usual do our best to sort this out quickly and also try to compensate them, as we always have done. We have thousands of very happy customers who rate our support very highly - if you have not yet experienced this level of support us then something has gone terribly wrong, so please, please get in touch!

Please note that we started using a spam filter (we use spamarrest.com) because we have hundreds of thousands of products in the marketplace with our email address printed on them (info@zero-g.co.uk) so we have to keep checking that email address even though over the years it has been getting more and more spam (we're up to over 500 spam emails per day now!!). When you email us for the first time you will get an automated reply asking you to verify that you are not a spammer - you only have to do this once).

Sincerely,
    Ed Stratton (Managing Director, Zero-G Ltd)
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1