Zync Sonar 8 to Korg Trinity

Author
djoni
Max Output Level: -55.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1974
2010/07/25 06:18:43 (permalink)

Zync Sonar 8 to Korg Trinity

Hi,

I used to do this many years ago...now I completely forgot. There is something I am missing.

I have a few sequenced tracks on my Korg Trinity V3 and want to record the midi tracks into Sonar so I can rework them inside Sonar with better samples etc.

How do I do this?

I have connected a midi cable connect from OUT of the Trinity to the IN my midi interface.
When I play the Korg's sequencer, sonar receives the information, all the 16 meters move...

Now I need to sync the 2. I want sonar to be Slave and wait for the trinity to start playing...so sonar can Start recording.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

JOni
Hi,
I used to do this many years ago...now I completely forgot. There is something I am missing.

I have a few sequenced tracks on my Korg Trinity V3 and want to record the midi tracks into Sonar so I can rework them inside Sonar with better samples etc.

How do I do this?

I have connected a midi cable connect from OUT of the Trinity to the IN my midi interface.
When I play the Korg's sequencer, sonar receives the information, all the 16 meters move...

Now I need to sync the 2. I want sonar to be Slave and wait for the trinity to start playing...so sonar can Start recording.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

JOni

Ekaya Productions

Sonar Platinum, Intel - 6 Core i7 overclocked 4.5GHz with HT 12meg cache w/ 32GB RAM, UAD-2 QUAD & OCTO, Tascam DM-4800, 1xMackie CU & 2xExtenders...

5 Replies Related Threads

edentowers
    Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1164
    Re:Zync Sonar 8 to Korg Trinity 2010/07/25 06:58:31 (permalink)
    Just save the song data as an SMF (Standard MIDI File) onto the Korg's floppy disk.

Then figure out a way to transfer that to your PC and load it into Sonar. You can't borrow my floppy drive because I don't have one.

You won't get all the detail of the Korg's own MIDI file format. I'd suggest using the Tracks /Properties menu to send all the MIDI tracks to a TTS-1 and reallocate from there.

Phil

S8PE, Dell XPS 720 (Q6600), XP Pro SP2, Edirol UA-101
    djoni
    Re:Zync Sonar 8 to Korg Trinity 2010/07/25 07:10:07 (permalink)
    Hi Phil,

My main question is how to get sonar to wait for MMC from the Korg.
    I armed all 16 midi tracks in sonar, and when I press play in the Korg the Snar should start recording all midi information coming from the korg.

I remember, when I was able to do this many years ago, that when I pressed REC in sonar it would say " Waiting for MMC or something like that...".

Once I have the midi tracks transfered into sonar I know what to do with them.

ps- Note that I am able to recording manualy all midi tracks from the korg to sonar, but then they are not synced (all the bars/nots are missplaced).

Can anyone help~?

Ekaya Productions

Sonar Platinum, Intel - 6 Core i7 overclocked 4.5GHz with HT 12meg cache w/ 32GB RAM, UAD-2 QUAD & OCTO, Tascam DM-4800, 1xMackie CU & 2xExtenders...
    Chappel
    Max Output Level: -52.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2300
    Re:Zync Sonar 8 to Korg Trinity 2010/07/25 08:12:06 (permalink)
    If you go to the help menu, under MTC/sending and receiving... all the information you want is there.

There is a SYNC toolbar that may not be showing on your screen so if you don't see it, right click your toolbar and make sure it is checked off so it will be visible.

You choose the clock source with the SYNC button.
    You choose what the program will do when it receives an external timing signal in Options>Global>Timecode tab.
    djoni
    Re:Zync Sonar 8 to Korg Trinity 2010/07/25 09:44:32 (permalink)
    Thanks Chappel,

I had just founf that toolbar. That resolved it.

best regards

joni

Ekaya Productions

djoni
    Re:Zync Sonar 8 to Korg Trinity 2010/07/25 13:14:59 (permalink)
    Well, the sync problem is solved. NowI can make the fork trinity trigger sonar and record in sync.
    The problem now is that I don't get any midi info into sonar's midi tracks. I set all the 16 midi tracks with inputs from 1-16. No midi in at all. In sequncer mode when I play something, the meters in sonar don't move at al. in Prog mode I get midi into sonar.

Does any know what I am missing?

many thanks

Joni

Ekaya Productions

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1