acapella question

Author
killaone87
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 23
2007/02/06 00:23:16 (permalink)

acapella question

okay so i have been making some original beats and such using home studio v4 xl , rapture and a few other synths through my midi keyboard. Now I want to start adding acapellas but im not to sure how to insert them into v4 and I also was wondering how I could send the vocals to my midi key board and mess around with it like I see some doing with mpc's if you could help in any way that would be radical. thanks

8 Replies Related Threads

killaone87
    RE: acapella question 2007/02/06 20:46:04 (permalink)
    cmonnn i know someone knows please.
    yep
    Max Output Level: -34.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4057
    RE: acapella question 2007/02/06 21:28:33 (permalink)
    I think you might be a bit confused with your terminology. "A capella" means vocal music without any additional acompaniment-- i.e. just singing, no "beats" or other instruments. I *think* you mean you want to record yourself singing (?)

im not to sure how to insert them into v4
    Well, you should really start by reading through the tutorials/instructions that came with your software. Recording with a microphone is a pretty basic feature of a recording program, but there are actually a number of ways to do it and a number of considerations with a sophisticated program like sonar.
    wondering how I could send the vocals to my midi key board and mess around with it like I see some doing with mpc's

Um, I don't know what an "mpc" is, but I think what you're asking about is an effect called a "vocoder," which allows you to sort of "play" a track of recorded audio like a synthesizer. Run a search on "freeware vocoder" to find some free examples or check places like kvr.com for software effects.

Cheers.
    killaone87
    RE: acapella question 2007/02/07 16:18:28 (permalink)
    okay, thank you for your response and you are close to what I was trying to get at, but maybe i wasnt clear enough. well what I meant is not actually me being vocals as recording which I may eventually do but that is simple like you said. but say i downloaded an a Capella and wanted to insert it into v4, say it was a wave file, that I could probably do by trial and error which I will be attempting. What an mpc allows you to do is record a certain part of the vocals or w/e it is your recording and have break them into separate parts and you hit a key like on a key board to play the first part or the second part. Im not sure if your familiar with the synth RXP which came with v4xl. well it gives you a drum line which you can loop but it breaks that drum line into lets say 10 different parts and then those 10 parts are assigned to 10 keys on your midi device allowing you to play lets say the fith part then the second part and fool around with it that way. What I want to do is something like that but with an a Capella
    themidiroom
    Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1170
    RE: acapella question 2007/02/07 16:36:26 (permalink)
    I think he's asking can a vocal (wav file) be imported into Home Studio and triggered with a midi keyboard. An MPC is Akai's sequencer/sampler.

The MIDI Room
    We Make You Sound Great!
    http://www.themidiroom.com

Pro Tools HD
    Sonar Producer Edition
    Wavelab
    killaone87
    RE: acapella question 2007/02/07 16:49:51 (permalink)
    yeah thats basically what im trying to ask, anyone know?
    killaone87
    RE: acapella question 2007/02/11 10:44:17 (permalink)
    ?????????????????????????
    John T
    Max Output Level: -7.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6783
    RE: acapella question 2007/02/12 06:28:12 (permalink)
    Yes, you can do this fairly simply. Just set up a new audio track and go to "File> Import" and import the wav file from there; it will appear on the new track.

Obviously, at that point, you#ll just have a continuous file of the whole vocal, which is probably not what you want, and not in time with the rest of your track, but you can start chopping it up and stretching it and whatnot from there.
    FridayStudio
    • Total Posts : 4
    RE: acapella question 2007/02/27 10:11:40 (permalink)
    can't he just use Sonar's "Cyclone" to do this. Simply open cyclone and insert the wave file into one of the boxes that are already assigned to a midi key on your keyboard. When you press that key on the midi keyboard it will trigger that wave file.
    Cyclone allows you to set it to loop continuously once you trigger it or to stop after you let go of the key on your keyboard.
    I'm pretty sure it's in the help file for Cyclone.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1