anyone using a TASCAM US-2400 with SONAR??

Author
Duojet
Max Output Level: -62 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1413
2005/09/17 21:48:25 (permalink)

anyone using a TASCAM US-2400 with SONAR??

i also posted this on the gear forum , but since i'm asking about this specific to Sonar i thought i'd post here

i know this has been discussed before, but i know there has recently been a new firmware release and i was wondering what the current state of compatibility is with sonar.

do the touch sensetive faders work in sonar?
does automation of mute work?
how is the build quality?
do all the single channel strip functions such as eq work (where the whole mixer controls one channel)

i'm really thinking of replacing my mackie control. it works great but i am not happy with the build quality. the faders dont seem consistent, and i already have a problem with a couple of them. i'm going to need more fader and because of these problems i i dont want to consider the extenders.

thanks!

1 Reply Related Threads

danwilms
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 71
    RE: anyone using a TASCAM US-2400 with SONAR?? 2005/09/18 00:03:48 (permalink)
    I just up-reved my 2400. There doesn't seem to be much of a difference between 1.20 and 1.31 of the firmware with SONAR.

The touch sensitive faders work fine.

I haven't used mute automation yet so I'm not sure if it's working but the mute, select and solo buttons all work fine in SONAR

Build quality seems quite good but you never know till it breaks.

I haven't gotten the single channel strip to work but then I haven't really tried either. It just seems like too much work for not much benefit when I can sit a whole EQ and compressor on the second monitor and work the mouse. I can only tweak so many knobs at once anyway and actual physical controls or virtual makes little difference to me in speed.

I do like my 2400 but then I come from a live background so a big line of faders is comforting to me even though I rarely twiddle more then eight channels per mixing pass.

Dan
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1