are sonitus fx completely abandoned?

Author
ttoz
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 417
2008/02/01 06:05:59 (permalink)

are sonitus fx completely abandoned?

any chance of EVER getting them updated to vst 2.4 spec, or at least vst 2.0 ? LOL.

and the delay compensation bug to be fixed in phase plugin?

Honestly.........selling commercial fx at vst 1.0 level doesn't exist by any other vendor these days other than cakewalk.

this is really silly, and everyone says cakewalk is responsive, blah blah, but i reported this many times over the years.... it cannot be that hard to fix, they are NOT a CHEAP set of fx.

they still cant be automated in a few hosts because they are not vst2. there is one problem. they are flakey in cubase 4. another.

fix them..please...i beg

11 Replies Related Threads

agincourtdb
    Max Output Level: -27.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4753
    RE: are sonitus fx completely abandoned? 2008/02/01 07:26:55 (permalink)
    I think the Sonitus plugs were bought whole from a third party by Cake a number of years ago. I don't think they've done any work on them since then. Wait, I'm wrong about that... they ported them to x64 for x64 Sonar users. What else they've done I don't know. Either way, since they've started releasing their own FX plugs again (the new EQ, multiband, and limiter that come with S7) I would think it more likely that they'll replace or supplant these plugs (much the way Sonitus supplanted the older Cakewalk DX effects) rather than update them.

kp
    Max Output Level: -61 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1496
    RE: are sonitus fx completely abandoned? 2008/02/01 07:33:51 (permalink)
    They're automatable as DirectX effects. Oh, that's right, Cubase abandonned that format :-)
    ttoz
    RE: are sonitus fx completely abandoned? 2008/02/01 08:59:54 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: kp

They're automatable as DirectX effects. Oh, that's right, Cubase abandonned that format :-)

cubase NEVER supported dx automation..if it did, that would be a fair comment.

Cakewalk bought these from Ultrafunk and never fixed this outstanding bug.

I reported it to Rune at ultrafunk almost 3 years ago, and to cakewalk ever since.

ttoz
    RE: are sonitus fx completely abandoned? 2008/02/01 09:04:32 (permalink)
    by the way, it's not hard to turn a vst1 plugin to a vst 2 plugin, i remember i asked sinus at sinusweb once about his golden gate plugin and he had a vst2 version to me within about 30 minutes.

even vst2.0 will fix the automation issues in tracktion3, for example (the parameters CANNOT be seen as automatable by Tracktion at all), the delay and multiband are fine, and guess what, they are vst 2.0

also, these fx are still being SOLD as an entirely separate product to sonar.

Sorry I'm really miffed at the Cubase comment before, I bring up a completely valid point, years before cubase dropped DX support, something that should be addressed by cakewalk, and i get read by the fanboy... they are the only commercial plugins in existence that are still vst 1.0 spec, ( i have almost everything, believe me i know) and CAKEWALK should fix it. Not EVERYBODY uses Sonar, they had a group buy on these that was very successful although they missed out on sales with Tracktion users because of the automation issue. Cakewalk have a huge sonitus FX user base.
    agincourtdb
    RE: are sonitus fx completely abandoned? 2008/02/01 09:46:20 (permalink)
    I don't personally use Phase so I've never run into this issue, and I automate them in Sonar, which works fine. But these are great plugins, and should absolutely IMHO be kept up-to-date and supported. I use the Sonitus EQ, Compressor, Delay, and Multiband in literally every project. I use Modulation a big percentage of the time when I need modulation effects (sometimes I just use the P5 modulation plug.)

ttoz
    RE: are sonitus fx completely abandoned? 2008/02/01 09:52:57 (permalink)
    They ARE great plugins, i guess that's why i care. the dynamics and delay are irreplaceable. Heck i was just playing around with the reverb, and it uses no cpu, and i was able to get a much nicer smoother sound than i could with the latest "topmoder" reverb plugins.l
    post edited by ttoz - 2008/02/01 10:09:22
    Legion
    Max Output Level: -55.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1986
    RE: are sonitus fx completely abandoned? 2008/02/01 10:04:31 (permalink)
    They have sidechaining implemented in Sonar 7.

Sadly very reduced studio equipment as it is... ASUS G750J, 8 gb RAM, Win8, Roland Quad Capture.
    agincourtdb
    RE: are sonitus fx completely abandoned? 2008/02/01 10:07:49 (permalink)
    Right, good point. Though how much of that is changes to the host I don't know

dantarbill
    Max Output Level: -57 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1820
    RE: are sonitus fx completely abandoned? 2008/02/01 12:44:56 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: agincourtdb

There were changes made to the Sonitus Gate and Compressor to accept external side-chain inputs, so Cakewalk is still actively maintaining the code.

Dan Tarbill
    techead
    Max Output Level: -31.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4353
    RE: are sonitus fx completely abandoned? 2008/02/01 12:49:20 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: ttoz

any chance of EVER getting them updated to vst 2.4 spec, or at least vst 2.0 ? LOL.

and the delay compensation bug to be fixed in phase plugin?

Honestly.........selling commercial fx at vst 1.0 level doesn't exist by any other vendor these days other than cakewalk.

this is really silly, and everyone says cakewalk is responsive, blah blah, but i reported this many times over the years.... it cannot be that hard to fix, they are NOT a CHEAP set of fx.

they still cant be automated in a few hosts because they are not vst2. there is one problem. they are flakey in cubase 4. another.

fix them..please...i beg

Please be sure to either call Cakewalk directly or email technical support directly about this issue. They will no better than any of us here on the forum what the future plans are for that product line.
    ttoz
    RE: are sonitus fx completely abandoned? 2008/02/02 08:43:22 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: dantarbill

ORIGINAL: agincourtdb

There were changes made to the Sonitus Gate and Compressor to accept external side-chain inputs, so Cakewalk is still actively maintaining the code.

exactly, so it's not hard to change them to vst2 spec.

I am very annoyed right now, a bit about this, but more with steinberg, they are the biggest bunch of non support ****s i have ever had the displeasure of giving money too, cakewalk seems the much lesser of the two evils, so I am probably switching to sonar7 anyway. I had it with steinbug!
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1