are there new drum patterns anywhere?

Author
immichaelyoung
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2010/01/05 21:55:24 (permalink)

are there new drum patterns anywhere?

I have Sonar Home Studio 7, which has a drum kit studio instrument. This si has preloaded patterns in categories like 'electronic & pop' 'hiphop' etc. Does anyone out there know if there are other patterns out there that could be used in place of the preloaded ones (and if so, how that would work)?

Thanks for any help!

3 Replies Related Threads

leapinlizard
    Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 428
    Re:are there new drum patterns anywhere? 2010/01/06 09:58:34 (permalink)
    If you can use MIDI patterns/loops (I'm not familiar with the HomeStudio instruments), there are lots of them ... try www.groovemonkee.com for starters.  MIDI loops are pretty easy to use, normally - you just copy them into the folder where the drum software stores its pre-loads, or point the drum software to the location where your MIDI loops are installed.  Then, just load a pattern up and press Play.  You can string them together as MIDI clips to create songs of any length, and you should also have the capability to edit them to your liking.

"Surf music will never die." -- LeapinLizard, 1963
    "We may never hear surf music again." -- Jimi Hendrix, 1967. 
    planetearth
    Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 763
    Re:are there new drum patterns anywhere? 2010/01/08 19:49:54 (permalink)
    I have Studio 6 XL, and it came with a few patters from SmartLoops.com. (SmartLoops provides the drum sample kits and MIDI loops for Studio Drummer 2, and many of their MIDI loops and drum kits are made specifically for Session Drummer.) I bought a few more after that. They're all good, useful patterns, and SmartLoops even has entire drum sample kits (as well as guitar, bass and even multi-track drum parts).

Right now, they have an offer where you can get all five sets of MIDI loops (a few thousand loops in all five sets) for about $60 or so. It's a pretty good deal. I got two drum kit samples at the time for less than half of what it should have cost, too.

Groove Monkey looks good, too...I've already downloaded some sample MIDI loops. Thanks for the tip!

Steve

post edited by planetearth - 2010/01/08 19:53:53

SONAR Platinum ▪ NI Komplete, Korg DLC, Arturia V5 Collection, Dimension Pro, IK Multimedia & other synths ▪ Les Paul, Peavey and Yamaha guitars. Listen to some of my stuff here: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife . Comments from other SONAR users are always welcome!
    leapinlizard
    Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 428
    Re:are there new drum patterns anywhere? 2010/01/10 14:04:43 (permalink)
    There's also a site called BetaMonkey (www.betamonkeymusic.com) with lots of MIDI loops, as well as Toontrack (www.toontrack.com), who has four Monster MIDI Packs for sale at very reasonable prices.

"Surf music will never die." -- LeapinLizard, 1963
    "We may never hear surf music again." -- Jimi Hendrix, 1967. 
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1