seanno62
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3
2010/11/04 13:07:59 (permalink)

audio drivers

I have a question about audio drivers. I'm continually switching back
and forth between the WDM/KS and the NME 32-bit
options just to hear playback; the other options (Wasapi & Asio) don't
seem to work - they are probably not on my computer.

BTW - I have a brand new Dell Inspiron laptop w/ Windows 7 - 64 bit with CW Music Creator 5 and a CW UA-1G that arrived two days ago.

Is there one audio driver that works better than the rest? Perhaps one
I should purchase and/or download? I'd like, if at all possible, to
resolve the audio driver issue ASAP. I was hoping that the UA-1G
interface and driver I recieved recently would make this a "non-issue"
- I don't want to keep getting stuck at the beginning of the recording
process because I'm looking for a driver that will playback - but the
UA-1G is only allowing me to make great sound that I can't always
hear.

I bought all new stuff in the hopes that I would just be able to plug in and start recording and listening. A few years ago, I installed one of the first versions of CW MC on an old Gateway PC and it took me about 2-3 months of tinkering around and adding memory to be able to record successfully. I was hoping to avoid that this time around.  Any  help/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,
Sean.

2 Replies Related Threads

57Gregy
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 14404
    Re:audio drivers 2010/11/04 14:05:58 (permalink)
    First, go to the sticky at the top and download and install the MC 5 update.
    Then go to the Cakewalk site and download/install any updates to the driver; it should have good ASIO drivers. Even if there was a disk with the drivers on it, those drivers could have been updated since it was first put on the disk.
    Since MC 5 is not 64-bit compatible, you need to click on the MC icon and go to Properties>Compatibility and set it to work in 32-bit emulation/compatibility mode. Do the same for the executable file in Windows Explorer under Programs. Plus, the UA-1G may also not be 64-bit compatible. Cakewalk Support may have to help you with that one.
    Open MC and set the driver mode to ASIO, if applicable, then close and re-open MC.
    See if that helps. You should never have to change the driver mode.

Greg 
    I am selling my MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS, red and black. PM for more details.

Music Creator 2003, MC Pro 24, SONAR Home Studio 6 XL, SONAR  X3e, CbB, Focusrite Saffire, not enough space.
    Everything is better with pie. 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=609446
    http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/gregfields 
    Beagle
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 50621
    Re:audio drivers 2010/11/04 14:06:39 (permalink)
    sean - the UA1g should work fine in either WDM or ASIO driver mode if you have things set up correctly.

first - did you download the latest drivers for the UA1G for your operating system (you didn't mention which OS you have, either).

2nd - are you trying to play back thru the UA1G or are you trying to playback thru your computer's onboard soundcard and speakers?  if the later, DON'T.  you must use ONLY the UA1G for recording AND playback.  connect your computer speakers or headphones up to the UA1G for monitoring and do not use the onboard soundcard for working in MC.

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1