Helpful Replyaudiosnap and two or more tracks from the same source.

Author
Vallhagen
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 405
2018/11/07 14:53:40 (permalink)

audiosnap and two or more tracks from the same source.

I hope the heading takes us to the right direction. Further on i hope i make myself understandable in the question. And if this has been covered earlier, i much appreciate a link to the right direction:) ...

Say: I record an electric guitar played through an amp-cab. One take. I do this on three tracks:
Track 1: Microphone 1
Track 2: Microphone 2
Track 3: DI.

The third track (DI) is obviously useful by itself (reamping, VST-plugins...) but here i want it because it gives me a much more better visual view on what i have played. I (and cakewalk!) can literrally see the transients much better on a clean signal than on a distorted/compressed guitar track. We agree?! Also, its of course obvious that the three tracks are perfectly timed relative eachother. And i want to keep it that way!

Then, if i like to slightly adjust a few points in the take with the help of audiosnap: Can i choose and move transients in Track 3 DI, and somehow let cakewalk do the exactly same move on Track 1 and Track 2? Somehow make Track 1 and Track 2 "slave" under track 3, regardless of Track 1/2's own transients? Or, can i "export" the transients from Track 3 to Track 1/2 and then sync all adjustments?

I guess the same question must be relevant for drum recordings. If i slightly adjust a tom or hihat hit, i rather do the exactly same thing on the OH's(?)

Cheers
Bengt
Vallhagen
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 405
Re: audiosnap and two or more tracks from the same source. 2018/11/07 14:59:23 (permalink)
Hmm. Maybe this article covers it:

https://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=SONAR%20X2&language=4&help=AudioSnap.11.html

...sorry for replying myself:)

EDIT: After now briefly read the article, yes it shall really perfectly solve my question!

Cheers... 
/Bengt
scook
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 24146
Re: audiosnap and two or more tracks from the same source. 2018/11/07 15:46:07 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Vallhagen 2018/11/08 12:14:27
In many cases, it is possible to get the current CbB help by changing the product in the url to Cakewalk. Because the current site-based search does not include CbB pages, this is what I often do to find the appropriate pages for CbB.

For example, the CbB link based on the url above is https://www.cakewalk.com/...help=AudioSnap.11.html

Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1