best mid editor and recorder for laptop pc using Vista

Author
melisa27
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2008/10/13 20:42:40 (permalink)

best mid editor and recorder for laptop pc using Vista

Hubby was using Midi Eddie and Soundforge when he had xp on his laptop and they both worked fine. Now he has a new laptop with Vista, they dont work correctly (although vista supported). Sound not as clear....sounds flanged etc. The settings are correct and every computer expert we have sought advice from cannot help. To go back to xp (service pack 3) will cost about $200..... His other option is to change the programmes he uses and hopefully find some that work brilliantly on a vista laptop. Any suggestions? Anyone currently using these types of programmes that work fine on a vista laptop??

He needs an easy to use Midi File editing programme so that he can mute/unmute instruments/change tempo etc....and a basic recording programme that will record his finalised tracks. He is a one man band playing guitar....and uses midi files for backing tracks.

2 Replies Related Threads

mgh
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8594
    RE: best mid editor and recorder for laptop pc using Vista 2008/10/13 21:25:37 (permalink)
    Music Creator? SOnar Home Studio? Audacity can do just the audio bits for nothing...

Memorare debut album 'Philistine' available now http://blackwoodproductio...philistine-digipack-cd
    Guitarhacker
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 24398
    RE: best mid editor and recorder for laptop pc using Vista 2008/10/14 09:02:24 (permalink)
    Music Creator 4.... (no brainer)

Works with midi & audio. easy to edit the midi in staff or piano roll views. Its a $35 dowload from Cakewalk, and lots of knowlegable people in the MC forums to answer questions.

It lets you splice & dice mid files to your hearts content...I think you can run about 256 tracks (if you need that many) at the same time...PLUS... it comes with TTS... a really nice synth to play the tracks as well. Mute/ unmute, change tempo, add envelopes to automate functions.... and more.

edit: my music minister has soundforge..(he paid big bucks for it to hear him talk) last week, he came over to see my studio and MC4... to say that he was impressed with MC4 would be an understatement. He mentioned he was going to get MC4..because " MC4 does so much more than his version of SF". He could't believe that MC4 was only $35.

MC4 was designed to work with Vista OS... also... your husband might need to update his soundcard... MC4 & especially the midi aspect does not play well with laptop factory soundcards....I would recommend (if he doesn't already have one) that he plan on a decent firewire or usb midi/audio external interface to make it work like it was designed to work.

Go to the Music Creator forum...search the threads for Beagle....then go to his web site for ideas on sound cards & interfaces... if you need one.
    post edited by Guitarhacker - 2008/10/14 09:10:01

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1