cannot get this VST plugin to work. HELP!!

Author
webmonkey8
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5
2005/10/11 10:52:39 (permalink)

cannot get this VST plugin to work. HELP!!

Hi, I have the z3ta plugin and I used VST adapter to configure it to use with Project5. However, when try to add it within Project5, it give me an error saying:

"An exception has occured in C:\Program Files\rgcaudio software\z3ta+\z3ta+DXi.dll.
Project5 will now close.
(Exception code: c0000005, address: 4004cde: 1: 3cde.)"

All other plugins work, but not this one. Can someone help me out? thanks!

13 Replies Related Threads

ZuN
    Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 622
    RE: cannot get this VST plugin to work. HELP!! 2005/10/11 13:08:55 (permalink)
    You don't need to configure the DXI version of Z3ta with the VST adapter, it should just show up in your list of synths in P5
    Digital Aura
    Max Output Level: -24 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5118
    RE: cannot get this VST plugin to work. HELP!! 2005/10/11 16:13:25 (permalink)
    There should be another .dll for zeta that is the VST one if you wish to use it as a VST plugin.
    As Zun says, you're trying to install the DXi version.
    CloudWalker
    Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 799
    RE: cannot get this VST plugin to work. HELP!! 2005/10/11 17:33:40 (permalink)
    Hey webmonkey, welcome to the forum!

I too have noticed this issue, and it took me hours to figure out! Heres what I know:

I personally keep all my vsts in the Programfiles\Cakewalk\SharedDXi folder.
    I noticed that you have the DXi version. That does not need to do through the VST, inorder for it to work

When you put you Z3ta in whatever your VST folder is, dont put Z3ta in its own subfolder.
    Project 5 can only read the .dll file, and that file is set up to read files from specific locations. To make Z3ta work, try this:

take:

a: your 2 .dll files (z3ta+DXi.dll, and z3ta+.dll)
    b:your uninstall files
    c: your Z3ta+.exe file
    d: and your 'rgcaudio z3ta+' folder

Put them all under your Programfiles\Cakewalk\SharedDXi folder. DON'T TOUCH THEM NOW!

You need to go to your VST wrapper and find your \SharedDXi folder, and wrap up Z3ta+.

That should do it! If that doesn't work, then try uninstalling z3ta+ and reinstalling. If that doesn't work, tell me.

Good luck!

-C W

Ps: What kind of music do you make?
    post edited by CloudWalker - 2005/10/11 17:43:09
    xylyx
    Max Output Level: -50 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2505
    RE: cannot get this VST plugin to work. HELP!! 2005/10/11 17:57:11 (permalink)
    I would have thought that putting VST's into the Shared DXi directory could start to get messy, especially when you have plugins that are available as both DX and VST. Personally, my DXi's are all in the Shared DXi folder on C:\....my VST's are all in a separate folder on my E:\ drive.
    CloudWalker
    Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 799
    RE: cannot get this VST plugin to work. HELP!! 2005/10/11 17:58:57 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: xylyx

I would have thought that putting VST's into the Shared DXi directory could start to get messy, especially when you have plugins that are available as both DX and VST. Personally, my DXi's are all in the Shared DXi folder on C:\....my VST's are all in a separate folder on my E:\ drive.

I have never has any problems at all!
    Digital Aura
    RE: cannot get this VST plugin to work. HELP!! 2005/10/11 19:36:56 (permalink)
    Until recently, I never knew they were actually 2 separate animals. DX and VST. I dont get this "native" crap and all this what needs to be "wrapped" and what doesnt. I just install everything to c:/cakewalk/vstplugins and ensure that everything gets a folder of its own for neatness sake.
    Then I run the wrapper for anything I install.

This tends to be more technical than I thought! Isnt it!?
    post edited by Digital Aura - 2005/10/11 19:46:00
    MurderDethKill
    Max Output Level: -56 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1904
    RE: cannot get this VST plugin to work. HELP!! 2005/10/11 21:26:39 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Digital Aura

Until recently, I never knew they were actually 2 separate animals. DX and VST.
    This tends to be more technical than I thought! Isnt it!?

When I got my new computer I made sure this time that I was going to be organized.
    I put my Dxi's in C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Dxi
    I put my Vst's in C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\VST'S and VSTi's\Effects
    and finally I put my Vsti's in C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\VST'S and VSTi's\Soft Synths.
    Worx like a charm.

My site i guess;)
    Monstruousubergeekyhardcorefunkytrancepolkaoptimism Lives!!!
    Digital Aura
    RE: cannot get this VST plugin to work. HELP!! 2005/10/11 21:37:28 (permalink)
    How do you know which are going to be DXi's and which are VST? Zeta came with both and I think SampleTanks did too, but I cant figure out which synths of mine are which.
    Does it matter? What is better in P5?
    webmonkey8
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5
    RE: cannot get this VST plugin to work. HELP!! 2005/10/12 00:21:34 (permalink)
    Thanks all! Very good advice and I followed CloudWalker's instructions and worked! However, I do have 2 z3tas in my "add instrument" list. One is z3ta+ from the VST, which works. But I have another one called "rgcaudio z3ta+" and when I choose that, Project 5 automatically closes for some strange reason. Anyways, how can I delete this entry from the list?
    Many thanks to all and I'm glad my z3ta works!

What kind of music do I make? Well, I just started using this a few days ago and got a keyboard controller, so I haven't really created anything yet. But from what I've heard and seen, it looks like you can do a lot of Project5.
    MurderDethKill
    Max Output Level: -56 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1904
    RE: cannot get this VST plugin to work. HELP!! 2005/10/12 06:34:56 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Digital Aura

How do you know which are going to be DXi's and which are VST? Zeta came with both and I think SampleTanks did too, but I cant figure out which synths of mine are which.

It's been awhile since I've installed it DA, but I believe what I did was when the installer asked if I wanted to install Dxi or Vsti, and I clicked both. Then I directed it to C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Dxi\z3ta+ For the Dxi, and C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\VST'S and VSTi's\Soft Synths\z3ta+ for the VSTi. I then checked both directories, and made sure they both had the same contents. Then I ran the VST adapter.

Does it matter? What is better in P5?

I use both. The reason I use the VSTi is that I think the VSTi exposes more controls to Project 5 than the Dxi version does.
    Also, I use the Virus z3ta mod (Click me!!! - thanks fr4ncesco!!!), and that seems to run only as a VSTi. (Virus z3ta+ mod Instructions can be Downloaded here!)

HTH,

-MDK
    post edited by MurderDethKill - 2005/10/12 06:47:32

My site i guess;)
    Monstruousubergeekyhardcorefunkytrancepolkaoptimism Lives!!!
    Digital Aura
    RE: cannot get this VST plugin to work. HELP!! 2005/10/12 09:36:26 (permalink)
    yeah , I use that mod too...but I can't tell the difference between which works better because its VST or DXi.
    I am just curious as to what the big deal is...I always hear rumblings about one being better than another but no one evers says why. They probably don't know.
    ecamburn
    Max Output Level: -60 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1510
    RE: cannot get this VST plugin to work. HELP!! 2005/10/12 10:43:47 (permalink)
    Strangely enough, I have a number of plugs (Reaktor being one) that have both vsti and dxi versions, but the vsti versions work better. this is curious to me because dxi is cakewalk's baby.

b rock
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8717
    RE: cannot get this VST plugin to work. HELP!! 2005/10/12 19:38:45 (permalink)
    I always hear rumblings about one being better than another but no one evers says why. They probably don't know.
    Load up two adjacent tracks; one with the DXi z3ta+, and the other with the VSTi. Expand the tracks for automation, and go to DXi/DXi Automation.
    Seeing is believing. But don't be fooled by what the Track Inspector indicates. MDK alluded to this.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1