Answeredcant assign mod wheel/sustain pedal to mvintage rotary

Author
Razor59
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 72
2018/09/10 09:11:03 (permalink)

cant assign mod wheel/sustain pedal to mvintage rotary

Hi ...i'm using cakewalk 8.5/win 7.I know,a bit old,but i like it. I'm trying to use the mvintage rotary's on/off speed with the modulation wheel on my keyboard. I installed both vst and vst 3 plugins with the rotary,but on the drop down menu in rotary it doesnt say vst 3 ,only vst ,and there is no enable midi input.I read in another thread that this was the way to get it to work. Is it because 8.5 doesnt support vst 3?? if that's the case can i get the mod wheel or the sustain pedal to work on the on/off speed some other way,or should i just forget it?? Thanks/Ray...ps/shouldn't it work anyway with the vst plugin as default.?? I 've tried everything that i normally do with assigning cc's. I use 01 as mod wheel and tried 64 for sustain pedal...nothing works. I insert vb3 organ in soft synths as usual,then in fx i load rotary.Everything else works,just the on/off speed assigning that isnt working!!
scook
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 24146
Re: cant assign mod wheel/sustain pedal to mvintage rotary 2018/09/10 13:36:21 (permalink)
mettelus
Max Output Level: -22 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5321
Re: cant assign mod wheel/sustain pedal to mvintage rotary 2018/09/10 15:10:36 (permalink) ☼ Best Answerby Razor59 2018/09/10 20:42:16
VST3 support was introduced with SONAR X3. I am not sure if enabling MIDI input existed in 8.5 (never owned it) or if a VST can be configured as a synth in 8.5. One of those two is required to route a MIDI track into the VST to drive it.

Another alternative if all else fails would be to install CbB if you are running a 64-bit OS.

ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC), i7-8700k, 16GB RAM, GTX-1070Ti, Win 10 Pro, Saffire PRO 24 DSP, A-300 PRO, plus numerous gadgets and gizmos that make or manipulate sound in some way.
Razor59
Re: cant assign mod wheel/sustain pedal to mvintage rotary 2018/09/10 20:45:03 (permalink)
hi mettelus. What's CbB ?? New one for me. I  configured the mvintage rotary as a synth,,,,but nothing. 
mettelus
Max Output Level: -22 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5321
Re: cant assign mod wheel/sustain pedal to mvintage rotary 2018/09/10 23:49:37 (permalink)
CbB is Cakewalk by Bandlab. After Gibson abandoned SONAR, Bandlab bought the intellectual property and made it free. Check out the pinned threads at the top of the forum for links to where to download.

ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC), i7-8700k, 16GB RAM, GTX-1070Ti, Win 10 Pro, Saffire PRO 24 DSP, A-300 PRO, plus numerous gadgets and gizmos that make or manipulate sound in some way.
Razor59
Re: cant assign mod wheel/sustain pedal to mvintage rotary 2018/09/11 07:53:54 (permalink)
Ahh thanks. But the question still remains. Shouldnt i still be able to assign the mod wheel or sus pedal for the on/off speed in rotary??i've tried everything that i can myself. Since the vst3 isnt involved here..there is only the vst left(no vst 2 plugins). So i've heard that enabling the configure as synth mode should help and that using a midi track and sending it to the rotary will also work...but i dont know how to do this.?? Any help would be appreciated
Razor59
Re: cant assign mod wheel/sustain pedal to mvintage rotary 2018/09/11 08:11:39 (permalink)
hi scook..thanks for the link. i already have seen this..but the problem is i cant enable midi input in the rotary vst drop down menu,as i only vst . Can i enable midi input some other way?? Any run through on how to do yhis would be appreciated. cheers.
Razor59
Re: cant assign mod wheel/sustain pedal to mvintage rotary 2018/09/12 12:54:36 (permalink)
thanks for all the help so far..but nothing doin here. i'll tell u what i have done so far. As i said..i use cakewalk 8.5/win 7. The problem is assigning 2 fx rotary plugins . I load vb3 under insert soft synth as a normal track(insert soft synth) In the fx area i have tried mvintage rotary and also gsi mr donald. I have tried using the normal cc assign to both..01 /mod wheel and 64 for sustain pedal. Nothing happens. Then i have followed instructions here and on other forums. I open the plug in properties for mvintage and click on enable as synth(didnt disable as plug in,left it as it was), and in Mr Donald i couldnt configure it to synth at all.,as there was no option..Then i check on my soft synth menu and its not there.Nor is it in the output list in the midi track i have created. Since i couldnt configure the mr donald  plugin i gave up on that ,as i can't enable midi output to it . So its only the mvinatge left..i went to midi options in the plug in ,and assigned the mod wheel to 001(trying the  all channels option and channel 1,wasnt sure which is the case there)...then clicked on learn,which should assign the mod wheel when used...also tried the sustain pedal with 64(same channel setup i did before)...nothing happening. The only way i get the speed to work is with the mouse!! on both plugins!!...I have of course turned off the rotary effect on vb3(unassigned it)....so thats it. It seems maybe that 8.5 doesnt support the enable midi output on fx plugins. Funny..on the soft synths there is an option to enable midi output. But it should be the mvintage that i have to enable midi output..am i right??not the vb3??Also ,i have NI B2 plugin..and the rotary works fine there with the mod wheel,well its a vst  not an effect...also the vb3 on/off work ok with the mod wheel. Am i doing something wrong or is it time to try the new cakewalk. I'm so used to using 8.5...but if this is the case i'm willing to try . So if anyone knows a way around this i would appreciate it..thanks again for a great forum everyone/Ray

Forward  Edit   #13

Razor59
Quick Reply: (Open Full Version)        Paragraph Font Family Font Size                 
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1