cant install drivers for vs 700 please help

Author
grince
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 14
2011/03/14 22:59:28 (permalink)

cant install drivers for vs 700 please help

i was having trouble with the fantom vs and plug ins making sound after setting up sonar 8.5 and the vs 700.
so i un installed every thing including the sonar and the vs software. When trying to un install the drivers for the vs 700
it would come up with the message that it was the wrong operating system to use the uninstall program. Also through "controll panel" - uninstall programs it would not let me uninstall the v700 drivers.
My operating system is win7 64 bit and sonar 8.5.2 32 bit. I did have the drivers working and the vs 700 set up properly even tho the drivers on the vs700 installation disk are for xp and vista 32 and 64. Upon installation i think i used the vista 64 drivers.
The way i uninstalled them was by finding the windows 7 drivers update from suport and using the uninstall from that set up program.
 BUT now when i try to reinstall the the Drivers i get an message that a problem occured and to first unistall the drivers and then reinstall. I cant find the drivers in the divice manager or anywhere but it tells me to uninstall, and when I do that i just get the same thing!!
PLEASE HELP

1 Reply Related Threads

Crg
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7719
    Re:cant install drivers for vs 700 please help 2011/03/22 09:42:28 (permalink)
    You have several problems happening there. Not neccesarily related to the Fantom or VS700. Lack of sound is going to be due to improper setup of your soundcard-interface in Win 7 and Sonar. Setting up the Fantom's ins and outs is neccesary also. As well as setting up Controllers/surfaces. There are several things you have to do in Midi Devices and Sonars Input/Output drivers section. List what you have checked in these sections and I'll try to walk you through it.

Craig DuBuc
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1