crackling or latency with cakewalk ua-25 usb audio interface (FL studio 9.1)

Author
terious
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4
2010/11/17 14:42:11 (permalink)

crackling or latency with cakewalk ua-25 usb audio interface (FL studio 9.1)

I have a cakewalk ua-25 usb audio interface and have succesfully installed it and ran the connection test.
I have my guitar(1) and a mic (2) routed through the mono in's on the mixer. I have sound, great! But I also have a crackling sound, thinking latency but don't know where to start so was hoping for some good advice here?
I am using asio4all. Ive tried adjusting the audio buffer setting to full and minimum, no difference.
I have tried different settings, like swapping my ins and outs on the FL mixer
I have tried phono out interface into creative soundcard and without, no difference.

before I had my guitar running through my dj mixer's mic In and into mic in on my creative card. no glitches or latency just poor sound quality!

here are my settings.. (I also have my display graphics card ticked)

can anyone help?

thanks

terious

1 Reply Related Threads

Chappel
    Max Output Level: -52.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2300
    Re:crackling or latency with cakewalk ua-25 usb audio interface (FL studio 9.1) 2010/11/18 01:38:54 (permalink)
    Asio4all is a software driver that mimics ASIO, using WDM drivers, on audio interfaces that aren't good enough to support ASIO. The UA-25 DOES support ASIO (in advanced mode) so you shouldn't be using asio4all. Before you go any further I suggest uninstalling asio4all and setting up your UA-25 interface up to run in ASIO mode.

Also, with the UA-25 you don't need to use your internal Creative Labs audio interface. I suggest simplifying your setup and using only the UA-25, in ASIO mode, for recording.

I also suggest running the free DPC latency checker to see if there are things going on in your computer that might also be affecting your audio.

DPC latency checker

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1